News Round Up 2020

Dan Loeb is right; nobody is invested in DIS for the dividend. This was/is the right move.

They also need to be turning ESPN into a sports betting platform in every context or Divest.

edit: The old "moral" stance TWDC took against gambling is antithetical to profitability in sports. Its a joke. (yes I'm a shareholder....).
(it also looks beyond embarrassing taking a 'moral stance' on anything as DIS in 2020).
I was under the impression Disney was invested in DraftKings but don’t remember where I read that.

Ditto every grocery store wherever you may live.
I don't disagree, but grocery stores are necessities, Disney isn't. That being said, I have long fallen on the slower side of reopenings and contact. I have no interest in taking my family to Disney, or a movie theater, but will happily go to a grocery store in a mask or spend a full day hiking in parks without one. We've reached a point where there is significant anecdotal evidence, and yes, it's non-scientific, that theme parks and other activities can be open with common-sense precautions like masks and social distancing. California, in my opinion, has reached the obstinately stupid extreme. They are cutting their own nose off to spite their face.

We are not in danger of over-running our healthcare system, treatment has gotten significantly better, survival rates are significantly better than they were in the Spring, and general knowledge of the disease and how to mitigate spread is pretty good. If people are willing to buy in to the precautions, or companies are willing to enforce precautions on customers, it's pretty clear theme parks can open.

When people are obstinate or stupid, or when rules aren't enforced, then we have super spreader events. A great example was Sturgis this year.

So a little personal responsibility, a little corporate responsibility, and California can stop being idiotic.

I don't disagree, but grocery stores are necessities, Disney isn't. That being said, I have long fallen on the slower side of reopenings and contact. I have no interest in taking my family to Disney, or a movie theater, but will happily go to a grocery store in a mask or spend a full day hiking in parks without one. We've reached a point where there is significant anecdotal evidence, and yes, it's non-scientific, that theme parks and other activities can be open with common-sense precautions like masks and social distancing. California, in my opinion, has reached the obstinately stupid extreme. They are cutting their own nose off to spite their face.

We are not in danger of over-running our healthcare system, treatment has gotten significantly better, survival rates are significantly better than they were in the Spring, and general knowledge of the disease and how to mitigate spread is pretty good. If people are willing to buy in to the precautions, or companies are willing to enforce precautions on customers, it's pretty clear theme parks can open.

When people are obstinate or stupid, or when rules aren't enforced, then we have super spreader events. A great example was Sturgis this year.

So a little personal responsibility, a little corporate responsibility, and California can stop being idiotic.

I agree with all of this.

and when I saw in the statement "health first" - well, no, not really. If we 100% put health first then everyone would stay in their homes 100% of the time - but that would go for driving or surfing or a ton of other activities - everything has a balancing act of risk vs benefit

I also agree with all this, so Newsom is either stupid and idiotic, or he has other reasons for keeping 10-15% of the nation's economy on pause...

Thats actually promising to see. I wonder if that speaks to Disney expecting to be back to full steam ahead by the end of 2021 with the college program.

Talking about the Airport, I saw this news article a couple of days ago

https://www.wftv.com/news/brightlin...nnect-sunrail-oia/HESUFFM5HNESNBFCEBNHBNND5M/
This is not really anything considering this was the Seminole County BCC discussing it. They don't have anything to do with it, other than discussing the ongoing problem of who is going to pay for SunRail when FDOT gives it up. There is still no movement between Brightline and FDOT about usage of ROW on SR 417 or I-4. Brightline is building tracks from I-95 to the Airport and at this point, that is it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter