News Round Up 2020

Not much of a surprise.

Watching Chapek on CNBC and he says they want tp put the consumer first. They aren't going abandon the theater concept. They are going to discuss more on December 10th on their investor day. They want to tilt the balance to DTC not completely abandon other aspects.

Asked about layoffs and says this change is not about layoffs. Chapek says this is about restructuring.

Also discussing parks and of course taking shots at CA. Highlights other parks and the NBA bubble working well. Disney won't change park guidelines until CDC changes their guidelines. They hope to not have to further layoffs. They want to get more back to work as soon as possible.

Not much of a surprise.

Watching Chapek on CNBC and he says they want tp put the consumer first. They aren't going abandon the theater concept. They are going to discuss more on December 10th on their investor day. They want to tilt the balance to DTC not completely abandon other aspects.

Asked about layoffs and says this change is not about layoffs. Chapek says this is about restructuring.

Also discussing parks and of course taking shots at CA. Highlights other parks and the NBA bubble working well. Disney won't change park guidelines until CDC changes their guidelines. They hope to not have to further layoffs. They want to get more back to work as soon as possible.
They might not be abandoning the theater concept, but I think this is a clear signal that little to any preference will be given to theaters over Disney+. I think we are looking at a current plan of releasing movies at theaters at the same time it drops on Disney+ or Disney+ Premier.

Probably the smart play considering we don't know what kind of theater industry will be left when we emerge from the pandemic.

I think this might, also, signal more high profile sporting events shifting to ESPN+. It could even signal some more content being pushed to ESPN+ PPV like big UFC cards are currently.

Last edited:
I think this might, also, signal more high profile sporting events shifting to ESPN+. It could even signal some more content be pushed to ESPN+ PPV like big UFC cards are currently.
This was also discussed. Chapek teased and said we hope to share more December 10th. I wonder where they will go next with this. Baseball maybe? Not sure the NFL will go there yet.

This was also discussed. Chapek teased and said we hope to share more December 10th. I wonder where they will go next with this. Baseball maybe? Not sure the NFL will go there yet.
I could see the college football playoff being an item they would want to maximize value for and would probably get a receptive audience from the conferences as schools look for ways to generate extra income with limited attendance.

I could see whatever Disney gets with the next NFL broadcast rights having the games on ESPN+. Not exclusively but just as another option as place to watch the game. Like what Amazon is doing with Thursday night football.

I think we are looking at a current plan of releasing movies at theaters at the same time it drops on Disney+ or Disney+ Premier.

Right now they can’t do that. They cannot release a movie at the theatre the same time as it goes on Disney plus. This is not just for Disney it goes for all the streaming services. Could the rule change maybe. Right now they can’t do that.

Right now they can’t do that. They cannot release a movie at the theatre the same time as it goes on Disney plus. This is not just for Disney it goes for all the streaming services. Could the rule change maybe. Right now they can’t do that.
What saddens me is how more and more we as a society have become hermits. I see it all the time even before Covid. Its not just the theatres, its restaurants, bars and live events. More and more would rather stay home then go out to do anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter