News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historically Rise of the Resistance boarding groups have been filling in 2-3 seconds for many months now. Yesterday the 1:00 window was open until 2:15 and today it's now 2:33 and it's still open!!

I believe they called 162 BGs yesterday. I wonder if this is the new norm which is much more hopeful to people who are not successful at 7am.

Also curious if anyone who hopped to DHS after 2:00 attempted to secure a BG and if so, were they successful? I understand you're supposed to have a DHS reservation for the day to secure a BG but since they're still open it's worth a try!!

Updated at 2:48 - BGs now closed but whew what a run!!

Last edited:
Historically Rise of the Resistance boarding groups have been filling in 2-3 seconds for many months now. Yesterday the 1:00 window was open until 2:15 and today it's now 2:33 and it's still open!!

I believe they called 162 BGs yesterday. I wonder if this is the new norm which is much more hopeful to people who are not successful at 7am.

Also curious if anyone who hopped to DHS after 2:00 attempted to secure a BG and if so, were they successful? I understand you're supposed to have a DHS reservation for the day to secure a BG but since they're still open it's worth a try!!
It’s very very quiet at the parks right now, which is a big reason why those BGs are still available. People hopping in wouldn’t be able to secure one as they don’t have a park reservation. The system won’t let you and Disney was very clear on that and won’t be bending on that rule, it would negate the whole reason for waiting for hopping until the afternoon.

It’s very very quiet at the parks right now, which is a big reason why those BGs are still available. People hopping in wouldn’t be able to secure one as they don’t have a park reservation. The system won’t let you and Disney was very clear on that and won’t be bending on that rule, it would negate the whole reason for waiting for hopping until the afternoon.
I understand parks are quieter but 2-3 seconds going to 1 1/2 hours+ is a HUGE difference!!!

SDD has a 40 min wait and MMRR is 35 mins so there are definitely lots of people there.

Also, it can't hurt to try. That's all I'm asking. If someone hopped to DHS and doesn't realize they're still open, this post might let them know to try. The answer will probably be 'no' but, they could luck out and get one!!! I don't see any hurt in trying.

I understand parks are quieter but 2-3 seconds going to 1 1/2 hours+ is a HUGE difference!!!

SDD has a 40 min wait and MMRR is 35 mins so there are definitely lots of people there.

Also, it can't hurt to try. That's all I'm asking. If someone hopped to DHS and doesn't realize they're still open, this post might let them know to try. The answer will probably be 'no' but, they could luck out and get one!!! I don't see any hurt in trying.
40 and 35 for those is a pretty light day and I’d wager the actual waits aren’t even that much.

Yeah but to that trying part, the system won’t allow you to get one. It’s in the wording on the Disney site about park hopping. Hoppers will NOT be allowed to join the VQ for Rise. So there’s no sense in even trying as it’s not allowed.

Last edited:
This is Disney though, and has anyone actually tried?
I’ll be there Tuesday and we are going to hop to HS in the afternoon, so I could try, but I have no desire to go on Rise so I wouldn’t want to take a spot from someone else if I were to somehow get one.

This is Disney though, and has anyone actually tried?
I agree... what's the worst that could happen.... it might not give you a BG...ok, then we'd know. it's not like they penalize you in any way for trying... and if they are still open after a couple of hours, obviously, getting one when you don't necessarily want one isn't like it's taking one away from someone else.

Last edited:
Yeah but to that trying part, the system won’t allow you to get one. It’s in the wording on the Disney site about park hopping. Hoppers will NOT be allowed to join the VQ for Rise. So there’s now sense in even trying as it’s not allowed.
IT people can make mistakes. If nobody tries we'll never really know......

Yesterday and today are the first time since the ride opened that a guest without a DHS reservation could have scanned into the park and still have BGs accepting reservations.

I work in IT and system testing is what I do for a living. If I were there I'd be trying for sure!!!

Yesterday and today are the first time since the ride opened that a guest without a DHS reservation could have scanned into the park and still have BGs accepting reservations.

I work in IT and system testing is what I do for a living. If I were there I'd be trying for sure!!!

Plus there's been plenty of things we weren't supposed to be able to do due to their terms but the system allowed it.

I’ll be there Tuesday and we are going to hop to HS in the afternoon, so I could try, but I have no desire to go on Rise so I wouldn’t want to take a spot from someone else if I were to somehow get one.

You can try without completing the process. If it's as you say it'll block you at a certain point because you hopped. It it keeps letting you then stop before it confirms or since the crowds seem so low just make it for 1 person. I'm sure there's plenty of people that make a rez and then don't get to use it and if it's open that long I'd also expect those that wanted it already got it and the stragglers are those that figure why not it's still open.

LOL as a software engineer, I'm always shocked at some cases that are not tested for.

Why don't you want to go on Rise? Did you already try it once and not like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter