News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true. You don't usually see the industry leading company with the sarcastic, witty, social media. That's almost always up to the second tier of companies and upstarts, with the upstarts usually the ones that end up trying to hard. I personally don't use Twitter, but as someone who does a bit of web and social media stuff to help out my martial arts school, I appreciate the companies that use it for more than just press releases and glamour shots. It's entertainment, and some of the sniping and April Fools stuff, etc. is creative and funny. A lot of it is stupid and petty. But that pretty much sums up humanity...
I get that and certainly some of it is. I have never found Universal to be that way. They make fun of themselves many times too.

I have no issues with Universal’s Twitter account. I had a problem with the many members of Dis Twitter (not this site) who create drama all day long. I unfollowed all that.
Twitter is my go to for politics and sports more than anything else. I look when I want up to date info.

I get that and certainly some of it is. I have never found Universal to be that way. They make fun of themselves many times too.
I agree. I don't think Universal goes too far. I think they do a great job. But some of the companies do try too hard and end up looking silly. So it's a balance. And it's one Universal and Wendy's and Popeye's and a few more I'm forgetting do really well.

On the other hand, Disney is so boring. Essentially press releases. It's hardly worth doing.

maybe I just don't get twitter, but I don't get companies snipping at each other on it ... just makes them seem bush league in my mind

though, probably just further evidence for how "non fun" I am

I think it's okay when it's good natured - like the "chicken sandwich wars" that have been happening. They seem to just be having a little fun with each other. The thing is though that Disney doesn't play along, so Universal's jabs come off as a little one-sided.

Last edited:

To me social media is;

Facebook: People overselling their lives to friends they had 20 years ago in high school. Basically a high school reunion, but every day.

Instagram; Same as Facebook, but with pictures

Twitter: A place to fight with strangers using opinions as facts.

But I do find that Twitter holds the most up to date news and information, especially when it comes to arenas that I follow the most, sports and movie/tv. I gave up Facebook quite a few years ago.

As far as the Uni/Disney Twitter rivalry goes, well, it’s actually just one sided. Idk if it’s Disney themselves, or their social media management team, but they’re very stiff in their tweets. Just plain information, no real fun. That’s not a bad thing. But Universal just doesn’t take themselves seriously and it shows in whoever runs their social media team. I prefer that type of account, but YMMV

yeah, like I said, I think I don't "get" twitter - or at least not what is is apparently for. I am on it a lot but I just use it to get news - particularly sports related as it gets there earlier than other sources, I barely post myself ... but then I see other people using it to like reach out to companies with complaints and stuff like that ... just feels like airing dirty laundry

Did I mention I am not fun ... and also old?

yeah, like I said, I think I don't "get" twitter - or at least not what is is apparently for. I am on it a lot but I just use it to get news - particularly sports related as it gets there earlier than other sources, I barely post myself ... but then I see other people using it to like reach out to companies with complaints and stuff like that ... just feels like airing dirty laundry

Did I mention I am not fun ... and also old?

Stop using the old card, you're making me sad! I'm older than you! :D

Twitter is my favorite social media. Miles better than Facebook. That’s a cesspool of politics, and people who have no hobbies.

I only use FB for theme park stuff and DCL. So yeah, people with no worthwhile hobbies🤣

Stop using the old card, you're making me sad! I'm older than you! :D

25305eda42b5d188ed29bc8b5ce84ba7.gif

You know what I really don’t get? Reddit and Tik Tok... :rotfl2:

I tried to go on Reddit once. I never felt so lost in a place that isn’t a physical location. It’s like trying to navigate through a city that only consists of one way streets.

Tik Tok is basically like Snapchat with longer videos, isn’t it?

Bummer -- I have to start figuring out the list of the "classic/casual" attractions the kids want to go on that will be closed in late January. This, the Liberty Belle, Tom Sawyer Island, and the Railroad. Time to hit some attractions we haven't hit ever (or in a long time) like Astro Orbiters, Hall of Presidents, Carousel, Aladdin, Winnie the Pooh.

Still can't believe my daughter may be like 5 or 6 before she can ride the rails at WDW (we had an opportunity when she was 2 back in November of 2018, but she never rode it that day (my father and I did via the tour)

But .. everything should be in tip-top shape come October!

Bummer -- I have to start figuring out the list of the "classic/casual" attractions the kids want to go on that will be closed in late January. This, the Liberty Belle, Tom Sawyer Island, and the Railroad. Time to hit some attractions we haven't hit ever (or in a long time) like Astro Orbiters, Hall of Presidents, Carousel, Aladdin, Winnie the Pooh.

Be ready to wait for Astro Orbiter! With only one party per elevator up and down, that line is taking FOREVER right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter