News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

The other thing about International guests is even though they may lift travel bans, it does not mean many people will choose to or be able to travel to WDW. Canadians have always been able to fly to the US but I don't personally know anyone who has chosen to go to WDW and know many who cancelled trips they had already booked. I know some have traveled but compared to the number of people I know who normally travel regularly to WDW, those going are few and far between.

Between risk, mandatory quarantine upon return and difficulty getting travel insurance, most are sticking close to home right now.

The other thing about International guests is even though they may lift travel bans, it does not mean many people will choose to or be able to travel to WDW. Canadians have always been able to fly to the US but I don't personally know anyone who has chosen to go to WDW and know many who cancelled trips they had already booked. I know some have traveled but compared to the number of people I know who normally travel regularly to WDW, those going are few and far between.

Between risk, mandatory quarantine upon return and difficulty getting travel insurance, most are sticking close to home right now.

I had just posted in the other thread that the latest video from the Dreams Unlimited Travel podcast had a few of the agents talking about visiting Disney during Covid/with the restrictions. One of them, Tracey, lives in Canada and she did go in the fall and is planning to come again in March, BUT flat out said she would go more often if not for the "hassle" of travel to/from Canada (she said she felt very safe at Disney and had one of her best trips - but the challenges with travel is the hindrance for her right now) ... so I agree that whatever our country's policy is, there will be a big downtick in # of international travelers, probably for quite some time

Great news. I am curious if the show will be altered in any way or if were they able to fully secure all the rights.

I just hope beyond all hope that they present them in 4:3 aspect ratio and don't zoom it in!

Hopefully they cleared all of it. I was talking to someone about Muppets Now and said I thought it was okay but I didn't know or care about any of the guest stars. I mean, no offense to RuPaul and Linda Cardellini but I said, "Remember when the Muppets used to book people like Bob Hope and Elton John? I do!"

I just hope beyond all hope that they present them in 4:3 aspect ratio and don't zoom it in!

Hopefully they cleared all of it. I was talking to someone about Muppets Now and said I thought it was okay but I didn't know or care about any of the guest stars. I mean, no offense to RuPaul and Linda Cardellini but I said, "Remember when the Muppets used to book people like Bob Hope and Elton John? I do!"
They should’ve learned about aspect ratios after all the Simpsons complaints they got.

I don’t really care about levels or even the presence of guest stars. I just want Muppets to be entertaining. Muppets Now didn’t exactly succeed there.

They should’ve learned about aspect ratios after all the Simpsons complaints they got.

I don’t really care about levels or even the presence of guest stars. I just want Muppets to be entertaining. Muppets Now didn’t exactly succeed there.

Yeah, but some shows are still zoomed. They aren't your high-profile stuff, but some of the old cartoons are - like Rescue Rangers.

Yeah, I don't necessarily care about guests, but I'd rather have no guests than ones that I don't even know who they are. I thought Muppets Now had some good concepts, but was too repetitive. Like the cooking segment was funny the first time, but they did it like every episode and it was pretty much the same every time. I know COVID impacted production though so they did what they could. The best parts were Scooter in the editing bay!

Yeah, but some shows are still zoomed. They aren't your high-profile stuff, but some of the old cartoons are - like Rescue Rangers.

Yeah, I don't necessarily care about guests, but I'd rather have no guests than ones that I don't even know who they are. I thought Muppets Now had some good concepts, but was too repetitive. Like the cooking segment was funny the first time, but they did it like every episode and it was pretty much the same every time. I know COVID impacted production though so they did what they could. The best parts were Scooter in the editing bay!

fully agree with your take ... I enjoyed them and at least chuckled a few times each episode but they did start feeling very repetitive - they had the cooking episode and the one with Miss Piggy and Linda Cardellini, etc. - each one was pretty funny first time I saw it but needed more variety

Remember that the first season of the muppet show was pretty light on big names too. They had to get some credibility first.

fully agree with your take ... I enjoyed them and at least chuckled a few times each episode but they did start feeling very repetitive - they had the cooking episode and the one with Miss Piggy and Linda Cardellini, etc. - each one was pretty funny first time I saw it but needed more variety

Yeah, and Pepe's gameshow - it was funny the first time ("go stand at the loser table" - 🤣 ). I did like the one where Kermit was photo-bombing people - they needed more like that if anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter