News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of the team assessing the opening of that store, those specialty printers were a pain to get approved. I hope people enjoy them. lol

I plan to enjoy them immensely. We always go to the M&M store in Vegas. I have been known to pick Mickey colors specifically. Can't wait. Now I get the colors and the designs. Thanks for your contribution.

The question I have on the muppets is are they going to be intact with ALL music or is it going to be a WKRP situation? Nothing in what I've read has said either way. However given that only seasons 1-3 went to DVD for that reason I hope they were able to get appropriate licenses for most if not all of the music. They cant force anybody to license the music to them so I wouldn't be shocked if a few songs don't make it but hopefully they can get in the 80-90% range on stuff making it there.

The question I have on the muppets is are they going to be intact with ALL music or is it going to be a WKRP situation? Nothing in what I've read has said either way. However given that only seasons 1-3 went to DVD for that reason I hope they were able to get appropriate licenses for most if not all of the music. They cant force anybody to license the music to them so I wouldn't be shocked if a few songs don't make it but hopefully they can get in the 80-90% range on stuff making it there.

My thinking is along those lines - I would be shocked if they got 100% of the music but also hoping it is in the 80-90%. And I think it will be around there (maybe closer to the 80%)

My thinking is along those lines - I would be shocked if they got 100% of the music but also hoping it is in the 80-90%. And I think it will be around there (maybe closer to the 80%)

Going slightly off-topic but what happened with WKRP DVD release was inexcusable. A Rock N Roll DJ rocking to... generic guitar music.

I have more faith is disney and don't think they'd be releasing all 5 seasons if they don't think they could do them well but it is a similar situation to WKRP where the music is very central to the show and in fact I'd say the music is even more important to Muppet Show.

I'm sure when it comes out somebody will create a website listing everything that got changed/deleted.

I think almost all CEO’s are overpaid. I think that is what happens when CEO’s end up overly represented on boards of publicly traded companies. They overvalue their contribution and since the boards they dominate set their salaries they inflate their salaries.

That said, if they took no salary this year, not one job would have been saved. As a publicly traded company they have to look out for the interest of their shareholders and couldn’t justify paying people indefinitely with no work for them to do.

Have you been to Disney recently? Theres plenty not being done at the moment.

Regardless, even if they "couldnt" do anything about the job cuts, they could have donated all but say a million of their salaries to support those that were laid off.

Regardless, even if they "couldnt" do anything about the job cuts, they could have donated all but say a million of their salaries to support those that were laid off.
And as was pointed out on the last page of this thread, of all of those named execs took no pay this past year and gave all of that money to the 28k laid off CMs, each would have received roughly $2,800. Hardly life changing money, nor enough to keep them employed for the rest of the year.

Well their cash compensation was all basically reduced down to about that million you mention

Looking at Iger his salary was about cut in half to 1.5m, and his cash bonus was 0 (down from ~22m last year). Yes there was stock awards but those usually have to be held for a number of years. Iger also just donated $5m to small businesses as well.

Could they have done more? Of course, but for the excutives for a company that saw its stock price and market cap significantly increase this year these figures are a LOT lower than would have been seen at a ton of other companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter