News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad to see ... I know not everyone loved this show but I thought it fit the park quite well

Also feesl like even if not a "show" they could have those gloats come out and just be sort of something for people to watch while they take a break sitting in the stands
Same, I always felt like the only one who liked it. I still listen to the sound track! But, xertainly fell short of other parks' night time shows.

Not Disney related but certainly has the potential to be. NBC is shuttering NBCSN by the end of the year. NHL and Nascar will move to USA and regular NBC. Other stuff will have to find a place or end up on Peacock. Sports Biz Journal

Not Disney related but certainly has the potential to be. NBC is shuttering NBCSN by the end of the year. NHL and Nascar will move to USA and regular NBC. Other stuff will have to find a place or end up on Peacock. Sports Biz Journal
That's going to hurt the NHL for now. I hope some other network can pick them up. Maybe ESPN can get them back

That's going to hurt the NHL for now. I hope some other network can pick them up. Maybe ESPN can get them back

They've used USA, CNBC and I think MSNBC for playoff games for at least a few years now. Way easier to find USA than CNBC and I'm sure it'll be the same talent. I don't see putting either hockey or racing on USA as an issue so much as losing the sports channel and what it'll do to the other stuff. USA I think is also on basic cable or satellite packages where NBCSN may have fallen in a higher tier or sports package, so they might get more viewers.

It just seems odd but then I've always though basketball on TNT was odd too but it does just fine there. Just as long as hockey doesn't go back to Fox, I still haven't forgiven them for that stupid glow puck.

They've used USA, CNBC and I think MSNBC for playoff games for at least a few years now. Way easier to find USA than CNBC and I'm sure it'll be the same talent. I don't see putting either hockey or racing on USA as an issue so much as losing the sports channel and what it'll do to the other stuff. USA I think is also on basic cable or satellite packages where NBCSN may have fallen in a higher tier or sports package, so they might get more viewers.

It just seems odd but then I've always though basketball on TNT was odd too but it does just fine there. Just as long as hockey doesn't go back to Fox, I still haven't forgiven them for that stupid glow puck.
Anything would be better than NBC and their blatant bias towards the Original Six. It’s painful watching games on NBCSN, I mean it’s a little better since Doc Emrick retired as he was awful, but give me my local Lightning games on Fox Sports Sun anyday. The NHL contract with NBC expires after this season, so there should be a bidding war for the rights, and this could help someone like ESPN swoop in and try to pick up some games, if not the whole thing.

I'm in the minority, but IndyCar needs as much nationally televised races as possible. NBC has provided some limited races in prime time (including this year's opening race at Barber), but NBCSN carried almost every other race over the past several years. Each year, I have purchased the Gold IndyCar pass to get premium content as NBC/NBCSN throttled back on each races' practice and qualification sessions.

That being said, I would like to see this migrate to a streaming channel/service such as Peacock; I'd gladly pay for a full season's complete coverage.

I'm in the minority, but IndyCar needs as much nationally televised races as possible. NBC has provided some limited races in prime time (including this year's opening race at Barber), but NBCSN carried almost every other race over the past several years. Each year, I have purchased the Gold IndyCar pass to get premium content as NBC/NBCSN throttled back on each races' practice and qualification sessions.

That being said, I would like to see this migrate to a streaming channel/service such as Peacock; I'd gladly pay for a full season's complete coverage.

Which is good for you but a lot of fans won't whether it be indycar, nascar or nhl. Though indycar any more is more niche than not and can probably handle it better. I won't be watching no matter the station, tired of follow the leader races among other things, but that's way off topic.

Anything would be better than NBC and their blatant bias towards the Original Six. It’s painful watching games on NBCSN, I mean it’s a little better since Doc Emrick retired as he was awful, but give me my local Lightning games on Fox Sports Sun anyday. The NHL contract with NBC expires after this season, so there should be a bidding war for the rights, and this could help someone like ESPN swoop in and try to pick up some games, if not the whole thing.
Let's just say I disagree with everything you said. :tigger: NBC has done a way better job than any of the channels that have ever tried to cover NHL. ESPN was the worst. Blatant bias towards original six is more a basis bias towards the bigger audiences.

Which is good for you but a lot of fans won't whether it be indycar, nascar or nhl. Though indycar any more is more niche than not and can probably handle it better. I won't be watching no matter the station, tired of follow the leader races among other things, but that's way off topic.

Streaming these sports, regardless of the service provider, should increase visibility and market share to the international audience. NBC Sports Gold is a prime example of how soccer/football can use streaming to reach a broader audience.

I have no problem with ESPN grabbing back the reigns of IndyCar with a steaming option. And I think there is an international market for the series as well via steaming.

The challenge is the Sky/Formula 1 dominance in Europe. Formula 1 is massive outside of North America in terms of viewership and dedication/legacy.

Last edited:
Survey sent regarding Disneyland Membership "passes"

Personally they all seem way cheaper than I was expected (if this is accurate)

https://blogmickey.com/2021/01/disn...pricey-restricted-annual-passport-membership/
So for $1400 you'd get no summer and no weekends.

I think we've entered the period of zero shame. I think we are going to keep seeing massive cuts, with large price increases without even an attempt made to spin it. Hopefully people decide to not return or else Disney is going to be a very different place in a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter