News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for $1400 you'd get no summer and no weekends.

I think we've entered the period of zero shame. I think we are going to keep seeing massive cuts, with large price increases without even an attempt made to spin it. Hopefully people decide to not return or else Disney is going to be a very different place in a couple years.
That's what I saw. I mean, I get it, they are hurting over the last 10 months, but can they realistically make it all up with regular tickets/tourists?

That's what I saw. I mean, I get it, they are hurting over the last 10 months, but can they realistically make it all up with regular tickets/tourists?
It's pretty obvious that the have the mentality that they can charge whatever they what for whatever product they deliver and people will pay. I think they've had that mentality for a whole, but they used to be better about hiding it.

Disney might be able to get away with it, but the vast majority of companies will have to be offering discounts and/or a better product. It's not like cruises will be able to say "We lost a year of revenue, all cruises are now twice as expensive and food now costs extra." No one would book.

Hi rteetz: I appreciate your updates and comments, but have a request.
I don't have a twitter account (gasp) and dont' want one, so can you put news links up from some other source besides twitter? Just wondering. Thanks:)
You don’t need a Twitter account to see the stories that @rteetz posts. I don’t have an account either but I still click on the links and can read everything that’s there.

Hi rteetz: I appreciate your updates and comments, but have a request.
I don't have a twitter account (gasp) and dont' want one, so can you put news links up from some other source besides twitter? Just wondering. Thanks:)
You don’t need a Twitter account to see the stories that @rteetz posts. I don’t have an account either but I still click on the links and can read everything that’s there.
Yeah, that is the best thing about Twitter, you don't need an account to see what has been posted. I was just talking to my wife last night about how all government pages should have twitter accounts instead of Facebook because you can see everything on twitter without logging in, but Facebook at a minimum annoys you like crazy until you login and I don't think it'll ever show everything until you do log in.

The other nice thing about the twitter links right now is their previews are actually loading, while the previews to other pages aren't

Yeah, that is the best thing about Twitter, you don't need an account to see what has been posted. I was just talking to my wife last night about how all government pages should have twitter accounts instead of Facebook because you can see everything on twitter without logging in, but Facebook at a minimum annoys you like crazy until you login and I don't think it'll ever show everything until you do log in.

The other nice thing about the twitter links right now is their previews are actually loading, while the previews to other pages aren't

That may be, but I tried to get on Twitter and I got a screen that was blank except for asking me if I want to reactivate my account, Yes or No. I figured if I said No then I wouldn't be allowed to see Twitter. Maybe I'll go back and hit No, and see what happens, Thanks for the info.

That may be, but I tried to get on Twitter and I got a screen that was blank except for asking me if I want to reactivate my account, Yes or No. I figured if I said No then I wouldn't be allowed to see Twitter. Maybe I'll go back and hit No, and see what happens, Thanks for the info.
Sometimes I get an error screen on my phone that makes it look like you need an account. Usually it goes away if I reload once or twice.

It's pretty obvious that the have the mentality that they can charge whatever they what for whatever product they deliver and people will pay. I think they've had that mentality for a whole, but they used to be better about hiding it.

Disney might be able to get away with it, but the vast majority of companies will have to be offering discounts and/or a better product. It's not like cruises will be able to say "We lost a year of revenue, all cruises are now twice as expensive and food now costs extra." No one would book.

This ∆∆∆∆

I know things change and there is really no way to truly know, but I don't think Walt would have stood for this. Sure, the prices might not change, but from everything I've read and watched, he would not accept the diminished quality. The "Disney Magic" is not as strong as it once was.

Cruises are actually doing that after they suckered people into taking a "bonus" credit before jacking up all prices. I got a 150% credit and 10% off and cant get that to add up to 1 complete cruise now.

Survey sent regarding Disneyland Membership "passes"

Personally they all seem way cheaper than I was expected (if this is accurate)

https://blogmickey.com/2021/01/disn...pricey-restricted-annual-passport-membership/
This looks like a classic Discrete Choice test, especially as I see a wide variety of combinations across many sites, many of which don’t make a ton of sense. If I’m right, and I’d put money on it that I am, None of the options that you are presented with were designed in a lab, so to speak, they were generated by a computer in real time to try to understand which specific things drive purchase - AND at what levels.

If they just tested 4 passes they’d never know if pass A was popular because it was a 30 day reservation window or because it was $600. With Discrete Choice they can have a computer evaluate the results of hundreds of combinations to understand what REALLY matters.

Cruises are actually doing that after they suckered people into taking a "bonus" credit before jacking up all prices. I got a 150% credit and 10% off and cant get that to add up to 1 complete cruise now.
It depends on the cruise line and ship. On RCL most of the prices seem abot the same as in the past too me, but I got my October cruise significantly cheaper than my cancelled 2020 cruise.

I have a feeling once they are actually trying to fill ships prices will come down.

This looks like a classic Discrete Choice test, especially as I see a wide variety of combinations across many sites, many of which don’t make a ton of sense. If I’m right, and I’d put money on it that I am, None of the options that you are presented with were designed in a lab, so to speak, they were generated by a computer in real time to try to understand which specific things drive purchase - AND at what levels.

If they just tested 4 passes they’d never know if pass A was popular because it was a 30 day reservation window or because it was $600. With Discrete Choice they can have a computer evaluate the results of hundreds of combinations to understand what REALLY matters.
You nailed what is going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter