News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious that the have the mentality that they can charge whatever they what for whatever product they deliver and people will pay. I think they've had that mentality for a whole, but they used to be better about hiding it.

Disney might be able to get away with it, but the vast majority of companies will have to be offering discounts and/or a better product. It's not like cruises will be able to say "We lost a year of revenue, all cruises are now twice as expensive and food now costs extra." No one would book.

I think the cruise lines are going to need to woo their customers given the nature of confinement/concern. I can see not only limited capacity, but perhaps using the premium dining rooms to help spread out folks. It wouldn't surprise me if they offer reduced rates for those dining rooms, initially.

Hi all- not sure if this is the right place to post this, but we are planning a trip for the last week of June. Is there any word of whether experiences such as Tron light cycle, guardians of the galaxy roller coaster, ratatouille, or more new things will be open at that time? Thanks for your help!

Hi all- not sure if this is the right place to post this, but we are planning a trip for the last week of June. Is there any word of whether experiences such as Tron light cycle, guardians of the galaxy roller coaster, ratatouille, or more new things will be open at that time? Thanks for your help!
Tron and Guardians are a no for that time period. Rat should be open by June. There shouldn’t be any other “new“ things by then. FOTLK will be reopening at some point this summer, and by last week of June you could be in luck for that.

No chance I’m watching this at home. I was all in on this movie before the trailer. This has exceeded my expectations. I’m driving the 70 miles to Danbury, Ct to see this in IMAX on opening night.

No chance I’m watching this at home. I was all in on this movie before the trailer. This has exceeded my expectations. I’m driving the 70 miles to Danbury, Ct to see this in IMAX on opening night.

I hope it stays in theaters for a while or rereleases when theaters are open where I am /I am comfortable going

Otherwise I probably will never see it

How do you watch movies normally that you didn't see in theaters?

He probably really wants to see it in the theater. He may rent it, but some movies just need to be seen in a theater. There are several that I hope they re-release later, like Soul, because the theater experience for them can't match the experience at home. I am so glad No Time to Die got moved out, because I didn't want to risk going right now to see it, and I have to see that in the theater. They are not renting theaters for cheap here for new releases, only old movies and newer ones that have been out for a while.

Well, u til recently it was just noticing whatever was on TV or Netflix and putting it on ... Now with Disney+ I am more noticing when things release

We don't have a dedicated media room or anything, just a 55" TV with soundbar
What about your library? Do you have a way to play DVDs? There's also a local library system in my area that does streaming videos I don't know how common that is for libraries though. There's also other streaming venues that are usually ad-supported but still. Even a deal with HBOMax won't affect long-term media release.

I totally understand the preference to see things in theaters. I'm like that myself, it's why we went and saw WW84 in theaters instead of watching it completely free at home :)

He probably really wants to see it in the theater. He may rent it, but some movies just need to be seen in a theater. There are several that I hope they re-release later, like Soul, because the theater experience for them can't match the experience at home. I am so glad No Time to Die got moved out, because I didn't want to risk going right now to see it, and I have to see that in the theater. They are not renting theaters for cheap here for new releases, only old movies and newer ones that have been out for a while.
Oh I figured that but that's a bit different than saying you'll probably never see it. There are def. movies I'd prefer to see in theaters but there's pretty much no situation in the last 10 years of new releases where I've gone that I haven't ever been able to see it..key being eventually. It's the older movies or movies only done through cable (think Hallmark, Lifetime, etc) where it's a toss up if I'll be able to find it elsewhere vs it being on tv.

I'll admit to being an odd one. I didn't see Frozen until 2 years after it came out. Didn't have a huge desire too, saw it on a premium channel one day, decided to watch it and now I love that movie lol.

What about your library? Do you have a way to play DVDs? There's also a local library system in my area that does streaming videos I don't know how common that is for libraries though. There's also other streaming venues that are usually ad-supported but still. Even a deal with HBOMax won't affect long-term media release.

I totally understand the preference to see things in theaters. I'm like that myself, it's why we went and saw WW84 in theaters instead of watching it completely free at home :)

I have an Xbox by the blue ray player is having issues

It's more that this specific film doesn't really appeal to me to watch for the story or something but to see it on a giant screen with the sound blasting would be experience ... Just not sure I want to bother without that part of the experience

I have an Xbox by the blue ray player is having issues

It's more that this specific film doesn't really appeal to me to watch for the story or something but to see it on a giant screen with the sound blasting would be experience ... Just not sure I want to bother without that part of the experience
Oh I get ya now :)

My DS9 2 hours ago "MOM, hurry come here!" (In his room watching tv.)
I run thinking it's important, he points at a paused screen of this trailer. 🙄 Needless to say, he is a huge Godzilla fan, ad is very excited for this one...

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of any of the night time shows returning in time for Spring Break/Easter crowds? I know there was chatter about the Epcot one, but wondering what you've all seen lately?

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of any of the night time shows returning in time for Spring Break/Easter crowds? I know there was chatter about the Epcot one, but wondering what you've all seen lately?

Only one I have seen any chatter about maybe being open by Spring Break is Fantasmic! .... Last I heard was as early as February but even if not then that seems to be the first one up

Only one I have seen any chatter about maybe being open by Spring Break is Fantasmic! .... Last I heard was as early as February but even if not then that seems to be the first one up
That would make sense, since it’s a seated show and they can (theoretically) enforce distancing better than a “stop where you are and watch” fireworks show

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter