News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, I've been watching it on Hulu for months now... I wonder if there's a difference between subscriptions.
I believe only the final season was on Hulu previously. What’s especially weird with this news is Disney has agreed to share the streaming rights with Peacock. Both Hulu and Peacock will be streaming all seasons beginning 2/3. Very odd.

I believe only the final season was on Hulu previously. What’s especially weird with this news is Disney has agreed to share the streaming rights with Peacock. Both Hulu and Peacock will be streaming all seasons beginning 2/3. Very odd.
Peacock is getting streaming because of the syndication deal with USA. If Universal wouldn’t have been included on the streaming side they could have kept Disney from streaming it anywhere until 2024 as part of the syndication agreement they have.

Not that they need to, but I wonder if Disney has ever looked at this as another promotion (once all this has calmed down). Probably wouldn't cost them much and they would probably more than make up for the lost ticket sales in hotel rooms and souvenirs and food as WDW would become a LOT more affordable for larger families with small children. Considering children under 5 can't (or don't want) to go on a lot of rides -- it probably turns people away to pay $100/day for a kid that may not do much but enjoy the parades and shows. I know lots of people that don't go because "my child is too young to do anything there."

My daughter went to WDW four times before she was three (almost five times) because it was infinitely cheaper to do an Annual Pass year with one less ticket. I'll probably never spend that much time/money on WDW again (in a year's time) because the cost to go has gone up significantly now that she is 3. So BECAUSE she was free -- I spent more money on property. If would have had to pay $1200 for her AP that year? I may have stayed offsite, opted for less food/souvenirs, etc.

If things get back to normal capacity wise and if things wind up being kinda slow (e.g., like after 9/11) I expect to see a lot of package deals and maybe "kids stay free" could be one of them ... Not sure if they ever would cut it at 5, maybe just at whatever is a Disney kid (under 10)

They could market it to people with kids not yet in school that can come at "off" times though

If things get back to normal capacity wise and if things wind up being kinda slow (e.g., like after 9/11) I expect to see a lot of package deals and maybe "kids stay free" could be one of them ... Not sure if they ever would cut it at 5, maybe just at whatever is a Disney kid (under 10)

They could market it to people with kids not yet in school that can come at "off" times though

Kids Stay Free.

I'll meme this until it's a reality, who is with me?

I am sure that wouldn't be the only one 😂 ... I can see a whole bunch of different ones. More was saying IF they do anything involving "kids come free" I think it would be part of a package vs what Busch Gardens is doing

Then sure, I can get behind that!

Also, I woke up early this morning. 😂
(those are the greastest)

another note on Peacock - they have made a deal to have the WWE Network merge into Peacock ... so the WWE Network, which was a standalone streaming service will now only be accessible through Peacock. The WWE network had 1/7m paid subscribers (@ $9.99/month) and content will be available to all Peacock subscribers at either the $5.99/month plan with ads or the $9.99 no ads plan

Obviously not Disney specific (other than the ever present rumors that Disney might buy WWE) but another example of these streaming services consolidating

Word is this is a 5 year deal worth more than $1bn to WWE

I am finding the way Peacock is shoehorning in sports into their movie/show offerings is muddying the subscription waters a bit. I am not familiar with the Disney sports streaming channel(s), but aren't they separate from a Disney+ subscription?

I guess in a way a steaming subscriber that focuses movies/shows will now get visibility to lesser marketed sports or forms of entertainment. But the counter to this, in terms of say IndyCar, is that not streaming the races really hampers your chance to get maximum exposure. Regardless, come 2022 the NBC contract is over with IndyCar and perhaps ESPN will come in to a stream-only provider. Of course word in the paddock is that the sponsors are extremely nervous supporting a sports/series that doesn't get national attention via cable/satellite.

I am finding the way Peacock is shoehorning in sports into their movie/show offerings is muddying the subscription waters a bit. I am not familiar with the Disney sports streaming channel(s), but aren't they separate from a Disney+ subscription?

I guess in a way a steaming subscriber that focuses movies/shows will now get visibility to lesser marketed sports or forms of entertainment. But the counter to this, in terms of say IndyCar, is that not streaming the races really hampers your chance to get maximum exposure. Regardless, come 2022 the NBC contract is over with IndyCar and perhaps ESPN will come in to a stream-only provider. Of course word in the paddock is that the sponsors are extremely nervous supporting a sports/series that doesn't get national attention via cable/satellite.

Disney has ESPN+ that you can get separately it in a bundle with Disney+ and Hulu, but I think even then it is three separate apps, just a bundle price

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter