News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ducktales is officially cancelled now too, just running out the remaining 8-9 episodes starting in February. Disney rarely continues a show past 3 seasons. I don’t see them completely giving up on Disney Channel for a long time. But I think most of the must see animation will now be on Disney+. The channels will be left with live action tween shows and video game streamers.
It no longer exists in the UK. They removed all Disney Channels (XD, Junior and Normal) last year just after Disney+ came out

Well .. WE know it .. but I am sure there are people that do not (just don't read/watch the news, don't investigate it) ... the vaccine prevents you from getting ill (or badly ill) .. but doesn't prevent you from spreading it. So Disney just needs to make their policy "official" to prevent a disgruntled guest in having an argument with a poor cast member.

As a clarification. We don't know if the vaccine prevents you from spreading it or not since it is so new so for now we are operating on the assumption it doesn't but the reality is we just don't know. Also with the vaccine only being about 90 something percent effective there will be people who get the vaccine and can still get infected so for now bettter to assume you are in that group.

I also don't think Disney is going to drop mask requirements the instant the CDC says they can just because that isn't how they have handled any of this. They have constantly gone above and beyond what they had to do. They won't drop masks before the CDC changes guidance but I don't see them dropping it as soon as the CDC changes things. Probably won't be till a few weeks or even months later. The last thing they want to do is do it too soon.

As a clarification. We don't know if the vaccine prevents you from spreading it or not since it is so new so for now we are operating on the assumption it doesn't but the reality is we just don't know. Also with the vaccine only being about 90 something percent effective there will be people who get the vaccine and can still get infected so for now bettter to assume you are in that group.

I also don't think Disney is going to drop mask requirements the instant the CDC says they can just because that isn't how they have handled any of this. They have constantly gone above and beyond what they had to do. They won't drop masks before the CDC changes guidance but I don't see them dropping it as soon as the CDC changes things. Probably won't be till a few weeks or even months later. The last thing they want to do is do it too soon.

Totally disagree with second paragraph.

Disney wants masks to go away more than any of us. Once CDC gives the go ahead, I think Disney will get rid of requirement (at least outside, maybe keep inside to make a "show" of protection).

Not saying it's right or wrong, butI think while people are (mostly) compliant now, once vaccines really ramp up, the push back on masks will rise dramatically. And places all over will start dropping mask requirement quicker than some think or may be comfortable with.

People are already starting to push after being vaccinated, which is probably why Disney issued this in the first place.

Totally disagree with second paragraph.

Disney wants masks to go away more than any of us. Once CDC gives the go ahead, I think Disney will get rid of requirement (at least outside, maybe keep inside to make a "show" of protection).

Not saying it's right or wrong, butI think while people are (mostly) compliant now, once vaccines really ramp up, the push back on masks will rise dramatically. And places all over will start dropping mask requirement quicker than some think or may be comfortable with.

People are already starting to push after being vaccinated, which is probably why Disney issued this in the first place.

We'll see. There are a lot of procedures disney is doing today that they don't have to do but are doing them anyway. I just don't see them dropping masks the exact day CDC changes guidelines but we'll just have to wait and see.

We'll see. There are a lot of procedures disney is doing today that they don't have to do but are doing them anyway. I just don't see them dropping masks the exact day CDC changes guidelines but we'll just have to wait and see.

The cynical side of me thinks a lot of what they are doing is purely for public perception. Once public perception swings to easing requirements (which it will once vaccinations really get going), Disney won't feel as obligated to prove they go "above and beyond" to please their customers. Again, no opinion if it's right or wrong to do.

But you are correct, all we can do is wait and see.

The cynical side of me thinks a lot of what they are doing is purely for public perception. Once public perception swings to easing requirements (which it will once vaccinations really get going), Disney won't feel as obligated to prove they go "above and beyond" to please their customers. Again, no opinion if it's right or wrong to do.

But you are correct, all we can do is wait and see.

Agree. A lot of it is theater.

Well, a lot of it also is to keep the mob of haters from screaming about Disney being so unsafe... if they go above and beyond, it keeps some of that at bay.

I think JnJ vaccine is going to be a game-changer. Read about it today, experts saying this is very good.
The pendulum is going to swing the other way sooner rather than later. (obviously not next couple months, but summer people will be pushing...)

Disney isn't doing this out of altruism...they will follow the crowd. ;)

I think JnJ vaccine is going to be a game-changer. Read about it today, experts saying this is very good.
The pendulum is going to swing the other way sooner rather than later. (obviously not next couple months, but summer people will be pushing...)

I hope you're right.... I have a trip coming up, and even as an "older than dirt" senior with underlying conditions, I have not been able to get vaccinated yet.... 10 weeks until our trip.... still time, but time is running out for the trip that has already been re-booked 4 times....

Yeah but my concern is the public pushing for normal before we hit the numbers really needed for normal. We do have a chance of being ready for normal or closer to normal in fall if things work out though but calls for normal in summer is very possible.

Yeah but my concern is the public pushing for normal before we hit the numbers really needed for normal. We do have a chance of being ready for normal or closer to normal in fall if things work out though but calls for normal in summer is very possible.

CDC won't do anything due to public push.

My point is if CDC drops/eases, Disney won't keep requirement longer than that. Talking about the public, I'm saying they will already be ready by that time for dropping/easing requirements. :)

I say fall is getting more and more likely for easing of requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter