• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on a DVC thread here on DIS that some of the good neighbor hotels are adding a Disney Dining Card for QS restaurants. Couple that with the Patina restaurants in WS posting to hire International workers (that I saw in an AllEars post), and I'm wondering if we'll be seeing the DDP return sometime *soon*?

Oh, GOSH NO! While I appreciate your sentiment, there is no way I'm doing/could do that.

I just wanted to share a little bit about how we do news with you all. There is nothing more to it than just that. :)

LOL, my fault! I wondered how you could take on even more disney work. Glad to know you are not super human:)

So, as in the international ambassador program/cultural representative (I don't know what it's called) or is it through the restaurant group?

Or just some young Italians that want to come work at Disney?

I'm Italian (well, American-Italian, not exactly young, but I wouldn't say old).... :D
The job posting is specifically for Patina Restaurant Group restaurants in the Italy pavilion, but it's on the International Services website.

I wish they could have figured out a way to preserve our pavers when they had to tear them up for walk way renovations... At least we could purchase small keepsake ones, but it would have been cool if they could have saved and reused them....

o_O Now that I finally have my vaccine appointments lined up well in advance of an April trip, they are considering banning travel to Florida????????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of clickbait eh? If you click that and then another you get here:

“Two federal government officials underscored that no policy announcements are imminent, and that any move to restrict travel or impose new health measures would be taken in partnership with state and local governments.”

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article249154715.html#storylink=cpy

Kind of clickbait eh? If you click that and then another you get here:

“Two federal government officials underscored that no policy announcements are imminent, and that any move to restrict travel or impose new health measures would be taken in partnership with state and local governments.”

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article249154715.html#storylink=cpy
Yup. This is an example of something I would see here on this thread and choose not to cover on the DIS because we don’t consider it news until it’s news. In this case, until a travel ban was officially announced.

Last edited:
Yup. This is an example of something I would see here on this thread and choose not to cover on the DIS because we don’t consider it news until it’s news. At best, it’s currently a rumor.

Actually this is a perfect example of something you would see on this thread that would encourage a short (or a couple of pages) of discussion here to come to a general consensus on whether this should be something to be concerned about or not. The crime would be not including it here.

ETA: I take this back a bit, this might have been better if added as a new thread on this board rather than to this particular thread. If it ever became news it would be posted in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter