News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

its been open since the parks reopened, we have been back 4x, On our Trip 2 weeks ago we got there 15 min before start and it was already full. My kids love doing it but we miss it not being over in HS tho

We love it, too, but it's SUCH a hassle to get over to Rafiki's! I wish they'd put it somewhere else, too. I'm fine with any park - just make it where it's not a line - train ride - and mile walk to make it for a specific time with limited space. And if you miss it, you have to pet goats for 30 minutes.

We love it, too, but it's SUCH a hassle to get over to Rafiki's! I wish they'd put it somewhere else, too. I'm fine with any park - just make it where it's not a line - train ride - and mile walk to make it for a specific time with limited space. And if you miss it, you have to pet goats for 30 minutes.
I'm sure that is why it is there, effective way of limiting demand. I like the idea of Rafiki's, but I only make it out there once every couple of trips. I always save it for later in the day, then never want to trek back over there for it.

Josh said this wasn't going away. No surprise that the "new normal" at WDW will include this for the foreseeable future.

And as a local I absolutely hate it. There is no more just going where ever we want to after work on a whim. Weekends have to be planned. The fact that you can get into any park after 2, but not without visiting the booked park is so annoying. Especially considering the huge excess of crowds they allow in at certain times when they feel like it, like this week. The parks should be equally crowded all the time if there is a true limit to how many they let in. DHS is the perfect park to compare because it sells out almost every day.

I saw some posts about a week ago that 4 of the Flamingo Crossing hotels had been added to the Disney Good Neighbors list with the same benefits as select 'off-site' Disney Springs hotels. Obviously, EMH and FP+ benefits are not available now, but as AP holders, the ability to draw park pass reservations from the hotel bucket rather than the AP bucket has been useful to us. So, I booked a night at the Homewood Suites during our Spring Break trip. I waited a week, then tried to enter the confirmation number into MDE, but it was not recognized. Usually it only takes a couple days for the reservations to be recognized by Disney, so I called the hotel (which has been helpful in the past when we had a similar issue) and here is what I was told...

1) Homewood doesn't open until 2/18 so the number automatically rang over to the Home2. Both are on the new Good Neighbor list so same info should apply.
2) The only benefit available for these hotels is proximity to Disney and that they can be booked by calling Disney directly. She spoke with others who confirmed that.

Does anyone know if the previous booking benefits were extended to the Disney Springs Good Neighbor hotels beyond Dec 31st? I am trying to figure out if it ended for all of them or just the new ones didn't get added. Or perhaps she is mistaken and next week Homewood will automatically send our reservation to be recognized by Disney. Any reliable info or first-hand experience to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter