News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just rename it "PeopleBumper" and go ahead and open it up. Seriously, why is this so hard to get right? This technology has been running at Houston's IAH airport for nearly 50 years now -- literally the same design.
Can someone enlighten me as to what the problem is with the Peoplemover?

Can someone enlighten me as to what the problem is with the Peoplemover?

It was down for refurb but they keep extending the reopening date. Some recent testing showed empty cars banging into each other, so there may be some issue with controlling spacing between the trains. Nobody really knows what all they did though.

Last edited:

It was down for refurb but they keep extending the reopening date. Some recent testing showed empty cars banging into each other, so there may be some issue with controlling spacing between the trains. Nobody really knows what all they did though.

we rode it the week before closing in March 2020 (checked photos and it was March 3) and got whacked on both the front and back ends- then stuck on the track for more than 20 minutes. We watched HEA Since we were stuck there.

eventually, at a literally snails pace they got it back, manually opened the door, and we excited about 10 feet from the actual exit.

people were also hopping out towards the end and just walking- it was a mad house.

I have some videos of us just hanging out- we stopped at least three times and the whole thing took 30 minutes.
55851825C1D68F-D62A-4CDC-9002-A7D7861C3A71.png

we rode it the week before closing in March 2020 (checked photos and it was March 3) and got whacked on both the front and back ends- then stuck on the track for more than 20 minutes. We watched HEA Since we were stuck there.

eventually, at a literally snails pace they got it back, manually opened the door, and we excited about 10 feet from the actual exit.

people were also hopping out towards the end and just walking- it was a mad house.

I have some videos of us just hanging out- we stopped at least three times and the whole thing took 30 minutes.
View attachment 558518View attachment 558518
I got Evac'ed off of it in Sept 19, was going to be the last ride of the trip. Got bumped once that trip too.

I'm glad they are refurbishing it, but wish they'd hurry up.

VGC reopening May 2nd. Email just went out to members.

View attachment 558516

Just to add...

Member Policy Updates
We would also like to share that some of the temporary adjustments made last year to certain Disney Vacation Club policies will be ending soon. We ask that you please visit the Member website for details about policies related to reservation cancelations, the borrowing and holding of points, exchange fees and more. We have appreciated your patience and flexibility as we’ve worked to adapt policies in support of our entire membership while continuing to deliver the vacation experiences you expect from Disney. We encourage you to continue using the Member Online Booking Tool to book or modify a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter