News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could create the threads and then tag a webmaster begging. I really think it would make the N&R area more cohesive if there weren’t pinned threads from a banned user.

I’m up for anything. I’d be happy to do it. I’d just want to make sure that’s OK with higher-ups. Don’t want to just override what’s already in place.

But the problem with asking is what will keep everyone from requesting their own? Most people would love more personal space at a theme park. And then the system becomes overwhelmed. At some point, people visiting WDW are going to have to be ok with the inherent germ exposure, or decide to wait a bit longer to visit. :duck:

Ever since the skyliner opened, people have requested their own cabins - this was pre-covid and nothing to do with germs. Was discussed on here at length when the skyliner opened. People were concerned about stoppage/breakdown and being stuck in a small space with strangers for a long period of time. I think it is a reasonable request for anyone, no matter the reason - covid, uncomfortable in an enclosed space with strangers, etc. I personally don’t mind waiting a little longer to accommodate people’s needs.

And, I’m sure not everyone will demand to ride alone. I bet lots of people at WDW are comfortable riding with others. I don’t think it’s out of line for someone to request their own, for whatever reason.

Last edited:

The whole skyliner thing is bound to make people think "why nothing else?" because those cabins are NOT as huge as they seem. My family of 3 always has a stroller, if we all sit on one side we are FACING another party, even with masks on, that's closer than I've gotten to another person whom I didn't know in over a year. I just feel like this is either a) Disney wants $$$$ so they ramp up capacity and start caring less and less about making guests comfortable (let's be honest there was nothing comfortable about post happily ever after crowds) or B) they are using this as a start to releasing all protocols (which is confusing because like I said this is a big one, there was little space, no plexi glass ever used, and other modes of transportation have more space between you and other parties)

They've already been putting people right next to each other (with a piece of flimsy plastic between) and directly across from each other on buses.

Let's all just move on and keep posting and discussing the rumors and news.

Let’s all just move on and keep posting and discussion the rumors and news ***as long as it’s always positive***

That’s what so sad, right? There’s nothing wrong with being positive and hopeful, but when people offer realistic commentary about certain things returning, nobody wants to hear it. That commentary isn’t valid. And being realistic isn’t the same as being negative.

It seems that a small group of people want to now control the news round up thread and the tone of what is posted here. Just not sure the rumors and news board’s main pinned news thread should be a one sided echo chamber, that’s all. There’s apparently a certain tone that must be kept here now. If you’re not jumping up and down and posting dancing gifs, I guess you’re not welcome in the main news thread anymore 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter