Next 3 trips to same resort???

mulberrybush

Mouseketeer
Our next 3 trips are planned for BLT:

Christmas 2013 (one double stroller)
May 2014 (getaway with DH, so want totwl access)
Sept 2014 with group (two double strollers)

Soooo, how big a PITA would it be to do WL for Christmas with a double stroller? I love variety so I hate staying at the same place all the time but DH hates folding strollers. Anyone have experience with the double stroller nightmare? Our first time with 2 kids.

We do double strollers all the time and have never had a problem. We rent them when we're there and they're delivered and picked up from the resort. Fold like a piece of cake. We get the citi mini double stroller from Orlando stroller rentals. The kids can sit in it on the boat to the MK from VWL. Everything else you take the bus. It's never been an issue for us though. Have fun!

When our kids were small, we used both a side by side double stroller and a single file model (One seat behind the other) we found that the single file model was much easier than the wide model go get through a crowded park.

The best thing we did however was to completely ditch the double stroller in favor of two McClaren Umbrella strollers. (each parent driving one kid in a stroller) This was much easier to maneuvering a big one through the parks and folding it up to bring on a bus.
I remember folding a double stroller and getting on a crowded bus at EPCOT. People looked at me like I brought a live crate of chickens on board.

Soooo, how big a PITA would it be to do WL for Christmas with a double stroller? I love variety so I hate staying at the same place all the time but DH hates folding strollers. Anyone have experience with the double stroller nightmare? Our first time with 2 kids.

Well, you don't HAVE to stay at BLT to get TOTWL access. As long as you're a DVC Member staying on-site, you can go to TOTWL. That should at least give you an option for the 2nd trip.

Well, you don't HAVE to stay at BLT to get TOTWL access. As long as you're a DVC Member staying on-site, you can go to TOTWL. That should at least give you an option for the 2nd trip.

Really?!?! I thought you had to be staying on points at BLT to get in!!

Really?!?! I thought you had to be staying on points at BLT to get in!!

I don't believe if they opened it up to everyone for 2014 also, but for all of 2013 any members staying on points may use the TOTWL with Black-Out dates on July 3-4, and Dec 31 2013 I think it is. I don't think there are other dates blacked out, but I'm not totally sure. I'm guessing though they'll keep it like this next year, but for now I haven't seen any official word.

Do you own at VWL? It can be hard to get for Christmas if you don't own there.

That is the most popular time to stay at VWL. No harm in wait listing, but depending on the length of your stay (the more days you need the harder it will be), you may have a tough time switching to VWL. All of December is prime time at all DVC resorts, and VWL especially.

UG. That's not good news. I was considering a cash res...maybe the lodge. The boat/stroller thing is the real issue for me.

To join the chorus, VWL is easily navigable with strollers, though I would second the idea of two umbrella strollers as they are much simpler to use, fold, and steer in traffic. As for the Lodge boats, you shouldn't have to fold the stroller(s) on the larger ones heading to MK, but for the smaller boats, you will be required to fold them. Finally, VWL during the Christmas season and the EPCOT resorts during F&W are widely regarded as the most difficult to get at the 7-month point. Waitlists come through occasionally, but given how many people try for those times, waitlisting is a long shot. Best of luck! :thumbsup2

No we do not, but we're going the week before Christmas so I'm Hoping we'd have a little wiggle room with reservations?

It's still tricky. For this Dec I went on just after the 11 month window had opened (but less than 10 months) and I still couldn't get my first choice of dates (in a 1 bedroom).

But if you can I find the boats so relaxing.

Even if you are at BLT though you have to fold your stroller at some point to get to DTD, AK etc.

It's still tricky. For this Dec I went on just after the 11 month window had opened (but less than 10 months) and I still couldn't get my first choice of dates (in a 1 bedroom).

But if you can I find the boats so relaxing.

Even if you are at BLT though you have to fold your stroller at some point to get to DTD, AK etc.

When we boarded the monorail at the Contemporary Resort during our stay at BLT, the CMs made an announcement for guests to remove children from strollers and fold them up before getting on the monorail because it was crowded. This happened several times.

When we boarded the monorail at the Contemporary Resort during our stay at BLT, the CMs made an announcement for guests to remove children from strollers and fold them up before getting on the monorail because it was crowded. This happened several times.

Oh no!!!!! *grumpy* so bummed!!

We have stayed at BLT twice with a double stroller...we have never been asked to fold the stroller on the monorail but we find the monorail to be the slowest option for getting to the MK!

By the time you walk to the contemporary and deal with the one stroller elevator and wait for the monorail - you could have just walked straight to BLT - and as a bonus you skip the monorail ramp challenge (not letting your double stroller escape down the ramp!)!

We have had great luck with the baby jogger doubles (the mini and the elite) for our kids and they fold pretty easily ... Too heavy for me to do alone on a bus with both kids before they were old enough to sit alone but very manageable for us when there were two adults... We keep most of our stuff in a backpack and just didn't store stuff in the bottom of the stroller which impacted the fold (but the back of the seats were still good! ).

We have also stayed at OKW with the double stroller - we usually drive to everywhere except MK - and we usually end up leavig the stroller in the car/van when we stay there - easier than bringing it up the steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter