Next Batch of Cruises

In fairness, those schedules can and often do change.

I think it’s very likely either the Dream or Fantasy will be in Alaska, but not until after the last new ship is delivered. Either as a second, seasonal ship or replacing the Wonder.
Since DCL is now committed to having at least one ship sailing out of Port Everglades year around with a second ship seasonally, and the contracted number of passengers required to sail is pretty high, the Dream will need to be doing those cruises for the foreseeable future, with one of the other ships taking over if the Dream is elsewhere. Summer 2024, the Magic will be in that slot while the Dream is in Europe. Summer 2025, the Fantasy will pick up the Europe duty, so the Dream should continue sailing out of Port Everglades.

Can the Dream-class ships fit under the Lion's Gate Bridge for Alaska sailings from Vancouver?
Lion’s Gate max clearance is 200 feet/ 61 meters (high tide). Disney Dream has a 188 ft “air draft,” which I read as water line to highest point of ship.

(The Norwegian Bliss, at 60 m, can only transit during low tide.)

Any ship I have cruised from/to Vancouver feels like it is just squeaking through.

Ok, my bet is on new itineraries not being released on 3/21 or 3/28. Both would mean that it would have booking window opening around Easter. If itineraries are released on 3/21, Pearl starts on Monday 3/25. And if it follows the schedule from last fall, then general booking wouldn’t start until the Monday afterwards, which is the Monday after Easter. If released on 3/28, booking would start with Pearl on Monday 4/1, the Monday after Easter. So I think it’s going to be 3/14. But it all might be wishful thinking on my part and they don’t care about Easter. Or they will wait until April!!! 😱

In fairness, those schedules can and often do change.

I think it’s very likely either the Dream or Fantasy will be in Alaska, but not until after the last new ship is delivered. Either as a second, seasonal ship or replacing the Wonder.
I really hope Disney build a purpose built Alaska ship when they retire the Wonder. I don’t think it’ll happen but I’d love more enclosed areas where you can sit any watch the scenery (like Outlook Cafe pre concierge lounge.)

My understanding is people already know the Wonder's schedule this summer - but I would be so happy to see them do one-way sailings, similar to what Princess, Silversea, and I believe some celebrity ships do! It would let people fly into or out of Anchorage and explore more of this BEAUTIFUL state! :)

Also a travel agent I like whose email list I'm on (not associated with Dreams so I won't disclose who) accidentally sent out her email promoting the new sailings early (by mistake). I was so sad because I got super excited until I realized she didn't mean to send it out yet and the email still had a bunch of brackets/placeholder info.

Ok, my bet is on new itineraries not being released on 3/21 or 3/28. Both would mean that it would have booking window opening around Easter. If itineraries are released on 3/21, Pearl starts on Monday 3/25. And if it follows the schedule from last fall, then general booking wouldn’t start until the Monday afterwards, which is the Monday after Easter. If released on 3/28, booking would start with Pearl on Monday 4/1, the Monday after Easter. So I think it’s going to be 3/14. But it all might be wishful thinking on my part and they don’t care about Easter. Or they will wait until April!!! 😱

I like this line of thinking. I can totally see that they wouldn't want to overlap significant booking days with passover and easter.

so here's hoping we get new itineraries this week!!

I like this line of thinking. I can totally see that they wouldn't want to overlap significant booking days with passover and easter.

so here's hoping we get new itineraries this week!!

I don’t think they will care at all.
They will release when they do.

When did DCL start using the Fantasy for 4D cruising - post COVID or before? I'm kinda hoping the Treasure pops with a 4/5D cruise. :)

My understanding is people already know the Wonder's schedule this summer - but I would be so happy to see them do one-way sailings, similar to what Princess, Silversea, and I believe some celebrity ships do! It would let people fly into or out of Anchorage and explore more of this BEAUTIFUL state! :)
This would be great! However, I think it's very difficult to get port time in Seward, and Whittier is exclusively Princess/HAL with the occasional small ship.

When did DCL start using the Fantasy for 4D cruising - post COVID or before? I'm kinda hoping the Treasure pops with a 4/5D cruise. :)
Unless DCL deviates from prior new ships, Treasure will take over Fantasy's 7nt sailings. Fantasy did a few shorter cruises post Covid and will move to more short cruises after the Treasure debuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter