Next Batch of Cruises

Which is so weird to me because can't they not fill the Dream in Europe as it is? I was almost certain that they'd consider the Dream-class in Europe to be a failed experiment and send the Magic back there instead.
I was on the 9 nt Med & Greek Isles cruise in 2023 and the ship was pretty full. There were almost no cabins available when I looked online before we left. I thought I would really miss the Magic, but there are some pros to the Dream/Fantasy ships that made for a really nice cruise.

I think doing sales to try to fill the last few rooms of the European itineraries isn't the same as the ship not being profitable enough to continue operating in that market. If they're continuing, DCL must be happy enough with sales

I thought I would really miss the Magic, but there are some pros to the Dream/Fantasy ships that made for a really nice cruise.

What are the pros of the Dream/Fantasy over the Magic (besides just a bigger ship)?

What are the pros of the Dream/Fantasy over the Magic (besides just a bigger ship)?
We did a 10 night on the Fantasy last summer (and are really hoping for an amazing long Europe itinerary for next summer now that it is confirmed that she will be there)- we absolutely loved the cabin set up. There was significantly more storage, (better for a longer cruise) and the round tub structure in our room was amazing. We love the Wish but the rooms are not set up for longer cruises, at least for us who are coming with a couple of kids.

The water ride
Mini golf
Midship Detective Agency
Additional adult dining (Remy’s - French) and standard Palo (Italian)
Buena Vista Theater may be larger or different shape (great on 4 original ships)
Balcony seating in Walt Disney Theater
Ice cream/candy shop (extra $)
Adult entertainment zone is larger
Animator’s Palate is Nemo-themed (+ in my book)
Aesthetically, the lobby is beautiful
Coke station is more mid-ship (and on both sides)
Category 8A giant oceanview and 4E extended balcony cabins

Last edited:
We did a 10 night on the Fantasy last summer (and are really hoping for an amazing long Europe itinerary for next summer now that it is confirmed that she will be there)- we absolutely loved the cabin set up. There was significantly more storage, (better for a longer cruise) and the round tub structure in our room was amazing.
The staterooms in the Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy are almost identical.

Not the Family oceanviews or family veranda staterooms. The round tub is a game changer.
That's an entirely different booking category.

Yes obviously a family stateroom on one ship is larger than a standard stateroom on another ship.

That's like comparing a 1 bedroom villa at Beach Club to a standard hotel room at Yacht Club.

That's an entirely different booking category.

Yes obviously a family stateroom on one ship is larger than a standard stateroom on another ship.

That's like comparing a 1 bedroom villa at Beach Club to a standard hotel room at Yacht Club.
But one gives you the choice of a DVC one-bedroom-villa, the other doesn’t. So I think it’s a fair comparison.

dcl blog on twitter posted he was "not looking forward to Thursday" with a gif of dropping his laptop in the water lol. Is this an indication that is when the itineraries will be released?
Could be 😂 He's currently on vacation on another cruise line (the horror 😂😂😂) so I bet he's thinking of they drop them on Thursday he will need reliable Internet and maybe it's not up to the job? 🤔😂

Could be 😂 He's currently on vacation on another cruise line (the horror 😂😂😂) so I bet he's thinking of they drop them on Thursday he will need reliable Internet and maybe it's not up to the job? 🤔😂
Having just gotten off Independence of the Seas (and being fully committed to never going back to RC) I think it is a horror!! Although I love Celebrity.

I am hoping that's what he meant! I would love nothing more than to scroll through all the itineraries and do some vacation planning while at work lmao.

The water ride
Mini golf
Midship Detective Agency
Additional adult dining (Remy’s - French) and standard Palo (Italian)
Buena Vista Theater may be larger or different shape (great on 4 original ships)
Balcony seating in Walt Disney Theater
Ice cream/candy shop (extra $)
Adult entertainment zone is larger
Animator’s Palate is Nemo-themed (+ in my book)
Aesthetically, the lobby is beautiful
Coke station is more mid-ship (and in both sides)
Category 8A giant oceanview and 4E extended balcony cabins
Rainforest Room bigger with two large hot tubs and ocean views.

dcl blog on twitter posted he was "not looking forward to Thursday" with a gif of dropping his laptop in the water lol. Is this an indication that is when the itineraries will be released?
Just before that he posted that he was looking forward to Thursday because they go on a port adventure in Honduras. So, yes, these two together mean that he expects new itineraries released this Thursday.

Whether he has inside sources or just takes an educated guess from the timing of the Fantasy teaser and Easter coming up - who knows.

Today might be the day! I am oddly excited even though we aren’t even sure that we will book something. But most likely will throw my placeholder from last August onto something that looks appealing… At least I have given up hope that DCL will come out with something new and exciting… So I won’t be disappointed in that regard! 🤣

Today might be the day! I am oddly excited even though we aren’t even sure that we will book something. But most likely will throw my placeholder from last August onto something that looks appealing… At least I have given up hope that DCL will come out with something new and exciting… So I won’t be disappointed in that regard! 🤣
I’m not even planning on booking right away, but I’m still excited! 😆 We’re planning to do a med cruise next summer but will wait for the military rates this time next year. But I want to see the itineraries so we can narrow in on which sailing we want and start planning around that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter