Next Free Dining Plan?

don8life

Please don't take your organs to heaven. Heaven kn
So, our youngest is 17. Old enough to stay home and take care of the dog. Does anyone know when the next free dining comes out?

We just went to DL in Aug. We get back and I immediately start to think I want to go to the world. So I start peeking at prices. Definitely don't want my husband to know because we just spent a ton of money visiting SLC, Vegas and DL. About a week after I start thinking DW he says, "So, Dennis at work asked when we are going to start planning a trip to DW." WOW! LOL. I tell him well I started looking and I don't see anything great yet. He said OK, let me know. Boy, did I get lucky or what? I seriously love this guy. Would have to. Married for 28 yrs.

So excited to go without the kids. Although torn, because I love sharing it with them.

With the opening of Gale us Edge slated for next fall I wouldn't hold my breath that their will be free dining. They may not have issues filling rooms with that opening.

With the opening of Gale us Edge slated for next fall I wouldn't hold my breath that their will be free dining. They may not have issues filling rooms with that opening.
True, but they still might have free dining offered for summer (before Galaxy Edge opens in the fall).

Last edited:
With the way it seems crowds are already starting to trend low, I would expect some form of free dining for sporadic dates next year all the way up near Galaxy's Edge opening, and then probably never again (or at least not for a very long time).

With the way it seems crowds are already starting to trend low, I would expect some form of free dining for sporadic dates next year all the way up near Galaxy's Edge opening, and then probably never again (or at least not for a very long time).
ha ha, ya I agree. DP will be a thing of the past for sure.

If there is a next time (which there probably is) it will likely be released late April 2019 for travel dates in August, September, November, and December of 2019.

Last edited:

Even when NFL opened there was FD. I am pretty confident there will be next year as well considering there is a FD BB but perhaps they would limit the dates around the opening of Galaxy's Edge.
They made the promo slightly less appealing in the last couple years so I could even see them requiring more of people next year like even longer stays etc but I doubt they would do away with it.

My wife and I travel down to WDW every year in February which means we have our ressies set 180 days out. We have always had free dining or a room discount when we made our reservations at the end of August. I have my reservations made and still no offers. I guess all you have to do is look at attendance to see why. Years ago, January and February, except for Presidents weekend, was slow. The offers were meant to entice you to come down when the attendance was low. Not the case any more. We used to walk onto any ride, never needed a fast pass for anything. We usually never had dining reservations until the last couple of years. You could walk up and get a table within 15 minutes. My solution to this is easy. Everybody stay home in February and I'll blog you how my trip went.

I'd say there is a good chance of FD in August/September. The BB this summer was FD. GE opens later which means some will wait to book till it is open. April 3019 will tell the tale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter