Next Riviera Declaration

chicagodisneyguy

DIS Veteran
Today was my 7 month date and was hoping to be able to switch over to DRR to give it a try. Although it was available yesterday for my dates, by this morning I had some missing days. Does anyone know the rough timeline between DVC declaring units for a new resort that is being sold? I would think they would declare more between now and Jan 2020, but just wondering if anyone has any recollection of past resorts.

We have a STD 2BR BLT booked so not getting my wait-list filled isn't terrible :) But I'm considering adding points down the road and figured this is the best chance to trade in to DRR.

I tried the same thing DRR for a 2 bedroom in Jan 2020 at the seven month window. Found it strange that my 10 day stay I could not get all the days since there is no way it could be booked.
To answer your question. We bought DVC in 93 and whenever a new DVC resort opened we would try it out. Never had a problem. I also thought it was a first when they sent out DRR about the opening for December it was cash only no points could be used.

since there is no way it could be booked

Yes, there is "way" it could be booked.

The first declaration included 18 Dedicated Two Bedroom villas and 23 Lockoff Two Bedroom villas. Between people who have already bought Riviera (there are a bunch!) and people whose 7 month window started days before yours, those could very well be booked. That is a maximum of 41 2BR units, and practically speaking it is probably fewer due to the lock-offs being booked as studios first leaving 1BRs for booking.

I tried the same thing DRR for a 2 bedroom in Jan 2020 at the seven month window. Found it strange that my 10 day stay I could not get all the days since there is no way it could be booked.
To answer your question. We bought DVC in 93 and whenever a new DVC resort opened we would try it out. Never had a problem. I also thought it was a first when they sent out DRR about the opening for December it was cash only no points could be used.

Anyone who owns at Riviera could have booked it before the 7 month window. And since DVC is a nightly system, not a weekly system, you don't know how many rooms are available each night that are remaining for 7 month bookings. And since members can book up to 7 nights from check in date anyone who booked prior to you might have snatched up the last remaining room on any of those nights.

For declarations - it's going to depend on how well it's selling. I'd guess there probably will be another one prior by 2020 but there's not going to be a positively definite on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter