Next WDW DVC speculation thread

I wonder if Reflections might get the "Pop Century" treatment a few years down the road. A DVC property built on the site, but not what was originally intended.
An interesting concept might be South American flavored. 3 Caballeros references, Samba music, Inca iconography. Brazilian and Argentinian food, etc

Am I alone in thinking this might be good? and that it would have the potential for the best nightclub on Disney property?....

MB

I wonder if DVC would ever aim for lower tier projects. Make the next round something with lots of studios so people could stretch their points farther. I realize Disney wants to maximize revenue, but with a recession coming and travel not a priority, could it be worth it to lock in new travelers to Disney vacations with the lure of affordable membership?

I predict a hotel conversion, quicker and cheaper. Poly - another longhouse? GF - one of the buildings? Yacht Club - far wing?

I wonder if Caribbean Beach would work. They just refurbished the main area and the pool is terrific. With the skyliner and proximity to Riviera, it would make a nice DVC neighborhood.

I wonder if Caribbean Beach would work. They just refurbished the main area and the pool is terrific. With the skyliner and proximity to Riviera, it would make a nice DVC neighborhood.
I have always thought the CB would be an opportunity to be innovative. There have been some suggesting of making 2 rooms into a 1br that has a smaller master, but more sleeping surfaces in the living room to allow for 6 or even 7. For families with 4 or 5 kids it might make DVC a lot more affordable (possible)

Jamaica and Arabu would be a natural "compound"" for DVC.

Anyone know how many rooms are in those sections.

I have always thought the CB would be an opportunity to be innovative. There have been some suggesting of making 2 rooms into a 1br that has a smaller master, but more sleeping surfaces in the living room to allow for 6 or even 7. For families with 4 or 5 kids it might make DVC a lot more affordable (possible)

Jamaica and Arabu would be a natural "compound"" for DVC.

Anyone know how many rooms are in those sections.
This has been done already, well they tore down the buildings and built RIV there. I don’t think they will use the CBR buildings for another DVC.

I don’t see them using the land above the GF for DVC. I think that will be a medium size 4 star resort for big bucks to stay at. sinceReflections was mostly a moderate resort with some DVC rooms. I think they just put it on hold, with all that is going on. Hopefully it will be back with a better name.

This has been done already, well they tore down the buildings and built RIV there. I don’t think they will use the CBR buildings for another DVC.

I don’t see them using the land above the GF for DVC. I think that will be a medium size 4 star resort for big bucks to stay at. sinceReflections was mostly a moderate resort with some DVC rooms. I think they just put it on hold, with all that is going on. Hopefully it will be back with a better name.
I do not think of Riviera as a conversion

I expect all new lodging construction (that is not near completion) for DVC and hotels to be on hold for several years. Attendance is going to decline for a while due to COVID and it may take several years for park attendance to fully recover.

In addition, there will be pricing pressure on Disney's hotel rooms while attendance drops off so I just do not see them building any new DVC properties other than the one planned for Disneyland. Disney World is currently saturated with available rooms. Until that inventory is able to be solidly booked, Disney World is not going to see any new rooms on property with the exception being the Galactic Starcruiser hotel which is too close to completion to mothball.

Disney will continue to refurbish existing room inventory but I just do not see new room construction on either hotel or DVC rooms for several years because demand won't be there to support desired price levels.

Ok, so if Disney does decided to convert more hotel rooms into DVC and they did that a say AKL or WL, how would that work with the DVC-2 thing? I am assuming they would want the restrictions in place. Would they have so many rooms at a DVC-1 status and then so many at a DVC- 2 status?

Ever since they announced the bridge between GF and the Magic Kingdom, I have thought the prime land on the west side of the canal would be a logical place for a DVC resort.

I expect all new lodging construction (that is not near completion) for DVC and hotels to be on hold for several years. Attendance is going to decline for a while due to COVID and it may take several years for park attendance to fully recover.

In addition, there will be pricing pressure on Disney's hotel rooms while attendance drops off so I just do not see them building any new DVC properties other than the one planned for Disneyland. Disney World is currently saturated with available rooms. Until that inventory is able to be solidly booked, Disney World is not going to see any new rooms on property with the exception being the Galactic Starcruiser hotel which is too close to completion to mothball.

Disney will continue to refurbish existing room inventory but I just do not see new room construction on either hotel or DVC rooms for several years because demand won't be there to support desired price levels.
I agree with this. Why not put everything you can on an indefinite hold until you see how things pan out? This is the first pandemic Disney has gone through and none of us know how the economy will rebound after this. I would say give it a year and then resurrect what you can (possibly Reflections with an upgrade in naming). Using the land that they cleared and somewhat prepped makes sense to me. Putting some grass seed down just makes sense if you are holding a project going into summer when all that dirt will turn to mud with the copious amount of rain. Makes sense to sure it up with grass.

I would think in this coming year they would have a team coming up with contingency plans for various scenarios: high demand/ quick recovery (possibly build Reflections) low demand/slow recovery (stay the course and don’t build anything) and everything in between (do another add onto to existing resort, possibly tower). Riviera, the scheduled WL addition and Aulani I think that is more than enough to meet the demand in the coming year.

Ok, so if Disney does decided to convert more hotel rooms into DVC and they did that a say AKL or WL, how would that work with the DVC-2 thing? I am assuming they would want the restrictions in place. Would they have so many rooms at a DVC-1 status and then so many at a DVC- 2 status?
I think it would have to be a completely different condo association, and I’m not certain if they could have another condo association under the same roof. (Especially with Jambo being the entire 5th floor...could they declare and sell the extra 5th floor value rooms over the entrance)?

Now, with something separate like the Contemporary Garden rooms, they could probably make a new CGV condo association with the same restricted resale rules as Riviera.

As an owner of BLT, I would be pretty excited about BLT2. However - a sticking point, the BLT points charts are, shall we say, much more kind than the newer DVC points charts. Would that be a deal-breaker?

I think it would have to be a completely different condo association, and I’m not certain if they could have another condo association under the same roof. (Especially with Jambo being the entire 5th floor...could they declare and sell the extra 5th floor value rooms over the entrance)?

Now, with something separate like the Contemporary Garden rooms, they could probably make a new CGV condo association with the same restricted resale rules as Riviera.
That would make sense not being able to have two different condo associations under one roof. And if that is so I doubt they would use Jambo or the rest of the WL. They want the DVC-2 and higher points per night to march on.

I wonder what they will do with the convention center space outside the Contemporary - it's prime real estate.

I wish part of the Star Wars starship becomes DVC, maybe deck 5. That would be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter