Nexus Offices Canada - Well, I guess this explains a few things...

Saw the article in the paper this morning too. I was left wondering if the US officers get a higher rate of pay if they are armed.
There is probably a higher rate of pay for having to work abroad.

I guess the question I have is (and I can't find it in the article) - were they armed before everything shut down?

I guess the question I have is (and I can't find it in the article) - were they armed before everything shut down?

I was searching for when NEXUS centers would reopen, when the whole passport debacle started, to see if we could renew ours earlier. I read an article that said US officers were armed before the pandemic, and this was a subject of disagreement between the two countries.

The Public Safety Canada website seems to indicate that they weren't however:
https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/trnsprnc/brfng-mtrls/trnstn-bndrs/20191120/040/index-en.aspx

"U.S. preclearance officers can be armed in Canada in the same operational environment as Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers (reciprocity). U.S. officers are not currently armed in Canada, pending the installation of appropriate storage facilities in preclearance airports."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter