NHL 2023/2024 season thread. 🏒

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
NHL 2023/2024 season thread. Predictions, match discussions, and complaining about your team is always welcomed here.🏒

Okay! I'll start off as I'm a big fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning. The big drama is that the Big Cat (goalie Vasy) is on LTIR for disc surgery. The backup goalie has been doing very well. Has 2 shutouts this season. We have a bunch of new players that the coaches are still fine tuning the forward lines to get the right chemistry.

I'm predicting that they will make it to the playoffs but not sure beyond that. It's been a rough patch starting this season.

Well, I’m hopeful. Super, super pumped that Scheifele and Hellebuyck signed long term deals here. I don’t have all the players last names memorized yet (lol), but the three guys we got from LA seem to already be having an impact. If we can get Niederreiter locked up, we’ll be good to go for a long time.

Both of my teams suck so this is going to be a long season. Of course, Bedard is the high hope for my Hawks and so far, he is a bright spot. Watching them give Vegas their first loss of the season felt great. I won’t be feeling great for most of the season…LOL

UGH, my Pens. They are in a big slump. I have a feeling Sullivan's days could be numbered. Some kind of spark needs to be lit. (I would love a new goalie too, but no chance since he just signed a new contract. :rolleyes:)

I'm not a hockey fan, but I do have a question. Hopefully y'all won't mind giving me your opinion! lol

I'm hoping to see Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden in the Spring (May or June). It requires flights and a hotel. The website explains the the dates are subject to change depending on the play offs. What are the chances the shows go on as originally scheduled? TIA

Well my team has started out with a bang

The Stanley Cup. Feels great.

We have one fewer point than the max possible given the number of games played as does Boston. On the other end, the Sharks have just one point with a goal differential of -26. That's 11 worse than the next worst team.

So far Vegas and Boston have one fewer point than the most possible given the games played. Didn't think either's only blemish would be an overtime loss at this point. San Jose has one more point than the least possible. Thought they'd be bad... But not THAT bad.
Biggest early surprise good. Canadians.
Biggest early surprise, not good Oilers.
Blackhawks are where they finished last season. Last place. But I think they're more competitive than they were last year.
But it's early. Long season to go.

As for predictions, in the NHL, it's tough. Playing the same team 4-7 times in a row in the playoffs is different than traveling all over and catching teams when you catch them. And really even your best team at this point probably has about a 20% chance to make it all the way through. Also, a goalie that goes cold can sink you, one that goes hot can elevate you.

That said, in my completely unbiased and logical opinion.... GO KNIGHTS GO!!!!

A funny blast from the past halloween idea.
1698640730591.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter