Nice gestures to other guests - done any ? We did !

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We had an ADR back in June for lunch at Hollywood and Vine.
It was as for the Fantasmic package.

There was a family or 4 with little ones - obviously hungry and hot. They did not have an ADR.
We came to the podium at the same time.

Our family of 4 (older kids) felt so sad for the family, who really needed some A/C.
So, we asked if we could get our Fantasmic early entry vouchers, we would give up our ADR to the family or 4 with the little ones who did not have an ADR.

It only took 5 minutes and we had our Fantasmic vouchers, the family with little ones were able to eat lunch with A/C and characters, and my family ate at a CS for lunch. ;)

Has any one else sent some kindness to another family ?

There was a family or 4 with little ones - obviously hungry and hot. They did not have an ADR.

Our family of 4 (older kids) felt so sad for the family, who really needed some A/C.
So, we asked if we could get our Fantasmic early entry vouchers, we would give up our ADR to the family or 4 with the little ones who did not have an ADR.

It only took 5 minutes and we had our Fantasmic vouchers, the family with little ones were able to eat lunch with A/C and characters, and my family ate at a CS for lunch. ;)

We have received hard-ticket FP's on numerous occasions that we were not going to use, so we've given them to folks at bus stops, Monorail lines, standby lines, etc.

We've also been the recipients of similar gestures.

Some folks who have been to rock concerts know these are sometimes referred to as "Miracles".

:tinker: pixiedust:

:worship::worship::worship::worship: Love this! You guys are awesome. I now have goals.

We gad 2 paper fastpasses for Toy Story Midway Mania and tried to give them to people on our way out and people looked at us like we were trying to sell them something. We approached a couple who just arrived inside the gate (this was around 3:00 in the afternoon) and offered and I thought the lady was going to cry!! They were so happy to receive them.

As I was about to take my last ride on tower of tower on the last day of my trip to the World, I handed 10 fast passes (from a DVC tour) to a young family I saw waiting in the standby line. It took the father a moment to realize what I had given him (I literally walked over to the rope, thrust the tickets at him, and said "It looks like you could use these"). He jumped into the fastpass line to chase me down and shake my hand. His wife and kids looked at him like he was crazy. LOL

Last May we had a Tiffins RoL package. At the end of the meal we were each given, by the restaurant, a light up Lotus souvenir popcorn bucket. They were really nice and it was unexpected. We were too full for popcorn, so none of us used them for that. After RoL we stopped to watch the Tree of Life animations and I had my bucket lit up, they really were very pretty. I heard a little girl in a wheelchair ooh and ahh about how pretty it was and I just immediately gave it to her. Her mom kept asking me if I was sure and had tears in her eyes-it just felt like a very special moment. I loved being able to share something magical, I think it was even more special to me than them.

I LOVE this thread! I hope it keeps going!

I can’t think of anything specific off the top of my head except gesturing for kiddos behind me for parade viewing or something to come stand in front of me. I had a few parents thank for me that, but I think it’s a no brainer. I’m an adult, why would I not let children stand in front of me? Especially when I am in the front with a good view.

I LOVE this thread! I hope it keeps going!

I can’t think of anything specific off the top of my head except gesturing for kiddos behind me for parade viewing or something to come stand in front of me. I had a few parents thank for me that, but I think it’s a no brainer. I’m an adult, why would I not let children stand in front of me? Especially when I am in the front with a good view.

Just so you know, gestures like that are SO appreciated and definitely not a no brainier to some people. My mom of all people repeatedly stood in front of my two kids at every parade and fireworks on our last trip. When we tried to move, she'd suddenly be right there in front of them again. It's like she was completely oblivious to the fact that she's bigger than a 2 year old. :rolleyes1 There was one stranger at the Halloween parade who saw what was happening and got my attention and allowed my kids to sit next to hers up front, which was super sweet of her! DD7 shared some glow sticks with those kids to thank them.

Anyway, just know that your courtesy does not go unappreciated!

Last edited:
Last year 5 of us ate dinner at Mama Melrose and got the Fantasmic package as we were on the dining plan. We weren't going to stay for the show so looked for someone who had children and a total of 5 in their group and gave the vouchers to them. I think we made their day and I was happy to do something nice for someone else.

Years ago we were waiting for our ADR in Canada. Across from us was a family with two young girls who looked tired, hot, and hungry. I gave them each a pin (we were big traders back then). I got two huge smiles in return and two grateful smiles from their parents.

During dinner the girls came looking for us. They wrote us thank you notes on cocktail napkins. I still have those notes.

We always give our rental stroller to another family on our way out. Last trip we had a wheelchair & noticed an elderly man looking like he might pass out from the heat at Epcot. His wife & I got him to sit down and I pushed him to France for their dinner reservation. I left them with the wheelchair so he wouldn't have to walk back. On the same trip, a family that was leaving gave us their popcorn bucket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter