Nickelodean Family Suites

pacrosby

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed there? It looks impressive and ALOT of fun! My concern is whether the pool is heated enough LOL Sadly we have found that not everyone's idea of heated is the same and since we are going in December.....a heated pool will be a must for my kids.

Any other experiences with the hotel would be appreciated as well.

Thanx much

Pamela

Our neighbors stayed there recently and enjoyed it. They loved the pool. December in FL will still be warm, (not hot), so if it is heated at all it should be fine. Keep in mind Disney keeps open a water park year round!

Thanx. I've read alot of reviews on here that were not so great but most of them were from 6 months to 1 year or more ago. The reviews on Trip Advisor are overwhelmingly positive.

I know it's 'fairly' warm still in December but the evenings are much cooler and that can do a job to the temperature of so-called 'heated' pool water if the heater is turned off at night and/or if the 'heat' ain't so high LOL My idea of heated is 85+ degrees!!

I was also wondering about other amenities and any costs associated with the them. The website says the shows and all are included in the price of the room but some have suggested on their posts that they stab you with extra costs for this and that.

I'm also wondering if all the amenities remain open at that time of year or, for example, do they figure December would be a great time to refurbish the pool (just our luck!!)

Perhaps I should call them directly. If no one here knows much I think I'll do that.

We have been in March and October. The pool was heated fine but the water slides are not heated. It works out nice in that DS would come out and heat up every once in a while. We love this hotel, but you need to think Holiday Inn not Disney and you will be fine. There is lots to do on the hotel property and the mini kitchen is appreciated. Be sure to attend the Nick Live shows, they are fun.

We stayed at Nick for one night back in April. My kids loved it. I can't speak to the heated pool. But my kids are used to swimming in lake in the Adirondacks when the water temperature is heart stopping.

Since we were only there 1 night we didn't do any of the entertainment other than the water slides. I liked that we grown ups could sit and rest while the kids ran around and we could see them (it wasn't very crowded, especially in the evening when it was all Northerners left), it was pretty cool that night we were there.

We were there in April. It was chilly but the pool was warm enough. My kids spent a lot of time on the slides so they did get cold. My little one loved seeing Sponge Bob. He asked just the other day when we could go back to Sponge Bob World!

We stayed there for 4 nights in Oct for $79 per night thru Travelocity. I had read alot of reviews many not so pleasant. I noticed that people who were not impressed were paying rack rate or close to it. If I were paying $200-300 per night I would be upset. That being said if you can get a great rate it offers a great location to theme parks. The pool areas are every kids dream, ccan't address the heating of the pools in Dec. The add. costs for activites? I looked at the activity calendar prior to leaving and called to get prices. Most are very reasonable. We did not do the character breakfast due to the overwhelming number of people who said it was just plain bad.

The staff were all very nice that we came in contact with.

thanx all! The rate for the time we would be going is only 99 dollars. It would be a two night extension of our trip. Initially we thought we'd just go for a ridiculous economy motel but then saw this. My kids (4 of them) are ages 4-9 and it looked they might get a major kick out of it. Don't know that we'd be spending a huge amount of time there (one night we'd be at MVMCP) but we'd try to fit in alittle time here and there to enjoy the pool and maybe try a couple of the shows. It's just that darn heated pool I'm concerned about. If it'd be too cold to really enjoy we may as just go for the ultra cheap Comfort Inn.

We stayed one night last February and the temp outside was maybe 57F. That pool was so warm that my kids swam for hours as I shivered in my sweatshirt and jacket poolside. I thought the character breakfast was better than any character meal I've done at Disney. We had SpongeBob, Dora and Cosmo and Wanda. Cosmo and Wanda were so interactive and fun! The kids loved having their own room with bunk beds and a tv. My husband and I enjoyed having our own room after a week at Pop :) I did have some minor issues with the room (our heat didn't work) but would definitely go back.

I called. We are staying 2 nights before our Disney trip. They heat the pools to 84 degrees. The included stuff can be found on their website and it looks like there is a lot to do. We are doing SeaWorld one day and so wont be at the hotel that much. The 4D movies are $6.95 for one show or $12.95 for all 4 unlimited. That's adluts and kids. They have a "mall" with a salon for girls but it doens't look great. I would do bippity botique instead. Also they have a character breakfast $20 adults $13 kids but they are the same ones they can see in the mall area. I've read that the breakfast is not worth it at all.
Hope that helps!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter