Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

I had really hoped that "fill in all the available space" would be a retired phrase in light of what we've all been through the last few years
Honestly the fact that they still say that kind of makes me mad. Everyone gets all upset about price hikes and stuff. But that is what get me really fired up. It's just not needed. And it's not magical to be pushed too close together. you know?

I have a side story for you all.

Wow! I'm glad you friend was ok. Kudos to the CM for not losing it. We've hear some stories from Danielle. She has to call for Reddy Creek at least once a day.

It was about 10 after 10 and had a posted a 55 minute wait. Got in line at 10:12 and riding at 10:29. So, not too bad.

Not bad at all.

Gwen wanted the Outpost Popcorn Mix from Kat Saka's Kettle. Molly on AllEars loves it and always eats in straight from the bag. And Gwen has been dying to do just that.

I still want to try this too. Did you see that Molly is no longer with AllEars? I've always used AllEars since 1999, but she made it so fun.

Andy, Gwen and I shared the Ronto Wrap.

Love the Ronto Wrap!

Andoan Fruit with Muja Sauce
Sticks of Jicama, Cucumber, Pineapple, Melon and Dragon Fruit doused in a Tamarind Sauce and dusted with Peppercorn Ash
I liked these! But the girls did not. The Tamarind Sauce was def strong but sweet. It was fun as it was def different.

This does sound good.

We got into the waiting room and it was Packed!!!! And this might have been one of the first times we heard the dreaded 'Please fill in all available space' I HATE this! Covid or no Covid! We don't need to so close we can see peoples sweat! Yuck!

I cringed when I first heard the "Please fill all available space" in April.

IMG_0809
I think I saw this on the way in or the way out, but I loved it!

I don't think I have ever seen this. Love it!

And then we got a family photo in front of Gertie with our Gravity Falls shirts on. We ssked a random lady to take the photo. Photo came out better than some of the photopass photos.

Great photo of y'all and the background is perfect.

It was so fun and short! But we loved it. I love that it is not a full event. I hope they keep something like that!

I still love these. So fun.

Late to the party but I am joining in! I am so far behind on my Dis!

Trip so far looks like a lot of fun! You made great timing getting back to the room before that storm. I can understand everyone being tired. You had a long and early travel day the day before!

Coronado is definitely a pretty resort. I have a sour taste from back in like 2014 when my friend and I went. We didn't get to the hotel until about midnight from the airport, then there was a group of cheerleaders hanging outside the room being SUPER loud until 4 am! I went out at 3 and said something to the chaperone, then around 4 I called security. I was over it. The New tower does look nice though and I would not mind staying there!

Great updates. We are just back ( was convinced someone would test positive and trip wouldn’t happen so didn’t say anything for fear I’d jinx it) and hated that they made everyone get close at muppets. Makes no sense after the last couple of years😡. I do think Genie+ has made rides that used to be a walk on really busy now. Glad Gwen found the key under the mat. I remember doing that a few years back after seeing it on allears. Loved watching Molly’s videos on there. I wonder where she has gone?
Love your family photo with Gertie 🦕

Wow! I'm glad you friend was ok. Kudos to the CM for not losing it. We've hear some stories from Danielle. She has to call for Reddy Creek at least once a day.
I can't even imagine the stories she has!

I still want to try this too. Did you see that Molly is no longer with AllEars? I've always used AllEars since 1999, but she made it so fun.
I know!!! i think / hope she is still going to be making videos just on there own. All Ears won't be the same with her gone.

I don't think I have ever seen this. Love it!
It was kind of on the side of the building, I don't think I had ever seen it, since you normally don't need to wait to get in.

Late to the party but I am joining in! I am so far behind on my Dis!
I am glad you are here!! I haven't gotten very far, so you aren't that late.

ight from the airport, then there was a group of cheerleaders hanging outside the room being SUPER loud until 4 am! I went out at 3 and said something to the chaperone, then around 4 I called security. I was over it.
I don't blame you. We had something like that to us at Riverside and never want to stay there again. So I get it.

The New tower does look nice though and I would not mind staying there!
It's not that much more! But I sadly think we would do regular rooms if we stayed there again, The girls need seperate beds now. Sigh.

hated that they made everyone get close at muppets. Makes no sense after the last couple of years
It really makes no sense. Maybe we should start a twitter campaign to get them to stop saying it.

Loved watching Molly’s videos on there. I wonder where she has gone?
I am hoping she is moving on to start her own YouTube Channel. My guess is she could make more money with her own channel than being employed by one. My guess is it might be her, Alan (her husband) and Duckfist. But I know I am just being hopeful!

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is staying cool! Our pool water is so hot, it reminds me of the pool when we went to Disney in August. And sadly it's not giving me magical feelings. Ha!

It has been busy around here, we had Gwen's birthday and then mine. So, I think / hope we are finally settling down to a normal pace. I do have to upload more photos, which is usually what delays me the most in getting updates up. But I am going to work on that hopefully.

Also, is anyone else no longer getting alerts when people post? I think I stopped getting them all together!

Day Two: Relaxing and My favorite Dinner

I left us off, heading back to the hotel to rest. We got to the bus stop at 12:51. And a bus came at 1:00. So, we were back to the room fairly quickly. Andy and I napped and the girls watched youtube in bed.

IMG_0839

A little after 3, Andy, Gwen and I went to the pool for a quick dip.
IMG_0839
We didn't stay too long, just long enough to cool off and float for a bit.
Morgan decided to stay in the room. I think her teen age self just needed some time by herself at points on the trip.

IMG_0839
See the Lifeguard standing next to the steps... After that kid climbed the steps the day before, they posted a guard there to make sure no one else climbed up.

After our quick dip, we headed back to the room and took turns showering and getting ready for dinner. Andy and Morgan played Sabac. Morgan was dieing to play and Andy was happy to play.
IMG_0839

We basically tried to have a nice relaxing afternoon, after going hard the first 2 days-ish.

We left our the hotel a little after 5, to go to dinner! We called an Uber since we were going to Sanaa!

Untitled

The Uber picked us up at 5:20. We had a nice talk with a CM in the waiting area there. He told us all about Sanaa. (Even though we already knew most of it) But he was nice.

Arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge at 5:28. Headed straight down as our reservation was for 5:30.

Untitled

We were seated almost immediately. We always seem to be seating in the side area and never at a window. :( I regretted not asking for a window table. But it was fine.
Untitled
But next time!!! I am asking!

Gwen ordered the
EARidescent Sip-a-bration
Untitled
Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade and Fruity Strawberry Punch, served in a souvenir 50th Celebration Cup with a surprise Character and a little bit of magic!
This was one of the times that I almost fell over at the price. It was $10 and at the time I was like whatever, you get a cup and the fun character... But when it arrived!!! I mean could the cup be smaller!?!?! It was WAY to expensive. Thankfully Gwen never asked for it again. But it was fun for one time!

Untitled
also, Donald turned the lemonade a kind of not appealing Green Color. Meh...

Morgan got the Watermelon Lemonade
Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade and Watermelon
This was really good. She liked it alot. (Apparently no picture of it, or any of the other drinks)

I ordered the Spicy Poblano Margarita
Patrón Silver Tequila, Ancho Reyes Verde Liqueur, Lime Juice, and Pure Cane Sugar
This was very good, it had just a hint of a kick for the spicy. I have had this before and it is always good.

Andy just got a diet coke. Exciting, huh?

We ordered the Bread Service to start.
Untitled
Indian-style Bread Service
Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kulcha, or Paneer Paratha. Accompaniments - Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle
This was amazing as always. Only thing bad, was I wished we had ordered 2~ HA!!! I really could of had my own and seriously might next time!

Untitled

We tried to order the Samosa appatizer but the server said they were out. :(

So we also got the Lamb Kefta:
Untitled
(pictured on the far right)
Lamb Kefta
Char-grilled Ground Lamb with Tunisian Couscous Salad and Ginger-Pear Chutney - $13
This was good but just not as good as the Bread Service. It also needed it’s own serving of one of the dips. But still good.

Andy and I ended up just eating these two items for dinner. And they were delish and filled us up enough but I did kind of want something else but not a full entree so we just stayed with these 2. The samosas would have rounded it all out. But it was still really good.

Morgan ordered the
Seasonal Soup
Untitled
It was a tomato soup with Paneer. She LOVES this soup, it was a light indian spice too it. But very light on the spice. I think she likes coming here as much as me just for this soup. Highly recommend getting if you like tomato soups!

Morgan also ordered the “adult” Pizza. Which came with 2 naan made into Pizza.

Gwen ordered the “adult” mac and Cheese. But it wasn’t very big.
Untitled
The bowl was the size that the poteji come in, and she only got one. But since Morgan had soup also, they split the 2nd pizza. Andy and I picked at the 2nd pizza as well. So, it all ended up ok.

Ah, you can also see Morgan's Watermelon Lemonade in that pic. It was PINK! But very good, you could tell it was real Watermelon and not artificial flavoring.

Dinner was great as usual. I was full but not stuffed. Which is good but I kind of wanted to be stuffed. ha! It also ended up being one of our cheaper meals! We will def be back. Our server gave us a 10% discount for using our Disney Visa Rewards Card. This was not consitant.. some did this and other didn't. I don't know why? But we took it when we could!

Untitled

We checked out the animals on the way out.
Untitled

We decided after dinner to head to Animal Kingdom! Up next a great night in Animal Kingdom!!!

Dinner sounds delicious! I have to get over there some time...

Also, is anyone else no longer getting alerts when people post? I think I stopped getting them all together!

Since the upgrade, lots of people aren't getting emails. I even tried unfollowing and following with email, but nothing doing. My notifications still come up when I'm on the site, just the emails aren't working.

Day Two: A fun filled night in Animal Kingdom

We got to the bus stop at Animal Kingdom lodge at 6:42 and made it to the park at 7:07! Animal Kingdom was only opened till 8:30. So, we didn't have a ton of time, but we had a plan!

Untitled
Gwen played with the filters you get with Genie+ on the bus.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
The poor bear lost his nose in the storm yesterday. (at least we assumed that is what happened)

We headed straight back Everest. I had grabbed a LL for Everest at some point in the afternoon. But when we got there the wait was only 15 minutes!

We grabbed a photopass photo on the way to Everst. There was no one in line for the person.
2022-04-18 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - Expedition Everest Legend of the Forbidden Mountain_4

Untitled

So, we rode stand by first, since the wait was so low, we figured we would do that first and then use the LL second.

We got in line at 7:2 and on the ride at 7:23, so not even 15 minutes!
Untitled I barely had time to take pictures in the que!

Untitled
Morgan and Gwen went together the first time.

Untitled
Which left us 2 together!

2022-04-18 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - Expedition Everest Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
This is the only on ride photo we ended up getting for some reason.

Then we used LL lane and still basically took 10 minutes to get through the line. A group in front of us, was using there phone to scan in and wasn’t working.
Untitled

Untitled
I literally took more photos in the que with LL than not.

And then they tried to jump over the ropes instead of walkin
g through the proper que. Little did they know that they hopped from LL into the Single Rider line. Oye!

Untitled
This time Morgan went with Andy and I went with Gwen.

Untitled

After 2 times, Andy and Gwen were done. But Morgan wanted to ride one more time, so I said I would go with her, so we jumped back in line!

Untitled

We got back in line at 7:50 and were on the ride at 7:54

Untitled
Seriously, the que is a Everest Museum!

Untitled
Including this super creepy Dear!!!!

On the ride one last time!
Untitled
Morgan was super happy riding 3 times in a row. I did say after this I was done! And we did have 1 other thing we wanted to do!

Andy and Gwen tried to get a photo of us
Untitled

Animal Kingdom closed at 8:30, and we wanted to get in line for Flight of Passage before Park Close. So, we headed that way next.
Untitled

We stopped at a Bathroom along the way somewhere. and made it into Pandora at 8:13. The park was dead at this point!

IMG_0905
In the short time it took us to walk across the park, it got dark fast!

We got into the standby line at 8:15. We had always done Fast Pass before, so this was our first time walking through the regular que. And man is it long!

IMG_0905

We didn’t get to the line line until the jungle room. All of the outdoor que was just walking.
IMG_0905

IMG_0905

It was fun to see the lab room and Hank in the Tank. He is HUGE!!!
IMG_0905

Once we got to the area where they selected you for a room, we got pulled up ahead of folks. And were in the prep room at 8:42. So, just a little over half an hour wait!

IMG_0905

End of the night def was the best time to wait for Flight of Passage. The wait wasn't bad at all and it was fun to see the whole que. So, if you don't want to pay for FOP, highly recommend going at the end of the night!

We also, realized that we ended up doing 2 Fancy Rides in one day!

We were done by 9:02. Gift shop was already closed, so you left on the side, and I wish they had that open all the time. That gift shop is not big enough for being an exit also.

It was so empty that I was able to get a photo of Gwen laying on the ground with the bio-lumneisne without being in the way of anyone.
IMG_0905

IMG_0905
One of the golden statues at night.

We got in line for the bus at 9:20 and on a bus at 9:25 and back at the hotel at 9:44. (AND that was with going all the way around the resort)

IMG_0905
Gwen played with more filters on the way back.

It ended up being a great evening! Nice and cool and not crowded at all!

50 Rides for turning 50

# of Rides: 12 of 50
Miles Walked: 9.36 Miles / 25.06
Total Rides: 7 New Rides / Day Total: 9 / Trip Total: 14

• Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
  • Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Genie+ Thoughts for the Day:
Today, I felt better about using it but still felt like we weren't getting it's full potential. I think out style of resting at the hotel in the middle of the day kind of kills some of the benefit of it. But it def helped for getting more done at Hollywood Studios in the AM.

Since the upgrade, lots of people aren't getting emails. I even tried unfollowing and following with email, but nothing doing. My notifications still come up when I'm on the site, just the emails aren't working.
Ugh!!! This is rough for me. I usually rely on my email notifications to keep track of everyones TR! blek!

I love Sanaa bread service so much. Absolutely delicious. Not sure if you have a trip for Food & Wine planned, but if so, you will probably like the India booth -- I had the samosas the other day and they were great! Random Disney confession, I've somehow never been in Pandora at night. I'm not sure why - it looks beautiful!

End of the night def was the best time to wait for Flight of Passage. The wait wasn't bad at all and it was fun to see the whole que. So, if you don't want to pay for FOP, highly recommend going at the end of the night

I'm hoping to do this at least once for our trip next month (next month!!!). It's our first time with hoppers, so we're looking forward to splitting up days and potentially doing a higher stress RD and then an AK evening with FoP at the end of the night. I want to see the standby line!

I love Sanaa bread service so much. Absolutely delicious. Not sure if you have a trip for Food & Wine planned, but if so, you will probably like the India booth
Sadly no Food and Wine for us.... I might need to make my own this fall!

Random Disney confession, I've somehow never been in Pandora at night. I'm not sure why - it looks beautiful!
It is beautiful. I think they repainted all of the glow in the dark stuff. It was starting to fade. It's one of those things that is nice to see but won't be a huge regret, you know?

'm hoping to do this at least once for our trip next month (next month!!!). It's our first time with hoppers, so we're looking forward to splitting up days and potentially doing a higher stress RD and then an AK evening with FoP at the end of the night. I want to see the standby line!
I hope it works out for you guys. It def was really nice for us! I feel like AK is a safe bet for being less busy.

I don't think I'm getting alerts either! I hope that gets fixed soon.
See the Lifeguard standing next to the steps... After that kid climbed the steps the day before, they posted a guard there to make sure no one else climbed up.
Those steps look so tempting for kids! I wonder how often they need to keep a guard there.
It was a tomato soup with Paneer. She LOVES this soup, it was a light indian spice too it. But very light on the spice. I think she likes coming here as much as me just for this soup. Highly recommend getting if you like tomato soups!
I love tomato soup, now I want to go just to try that soup!
And were in the prep room at 8:42. So, just a little over half an hour wait!
That's not a bad wait at all, it's always fun when you can see the queue without a long wait. I think we've only gone through the FOP queue once ever but it was really neat.

Looks like a great night! You did a lot in a short amount of time. I have also never done the regular FOP line!
It was perfect weather, too. So, it really did make for a perfect night!

I don't think I'm getting alerts either! I hope that gets fixed soon.
I hope so too. I am sure they are working on it. But it's real annoying right now.

Those steps look so tempting for kids! I wonder how often they need to keep a guard there.
they ended up putting ropes up before we left. It amazes me though, those stairs were open like that for a long time! And one unsupervised kid ruins it for everyone. Ha.

I love tomato soup, now I want to go just to try that soup!
You could easily make a meal out of the bread service and a bowl of that soup!

That's not a bad wait at all, it's always fun when you can see the queue without a long wait. I think we've only gone through the FOP queue once ever but it was really neat.
I was amazed at how long it was, knowning that sometimes the line is out of the que! That is a lot of people!!!!

Morgan's smile in that top pic is the best! Having a young teenage girl myself, those smiles are rare. So cute.
And the pic of Gwen is awesome!!
This evening was a def a perfect evening for Morgan. It was cool temperature wise, we rested a good bit in the middle of hte day and we basically just rode her favorite rides.

I am hoping she is moving on to start her own YouTube Channel. My guess is she could make more money with her own channel than being employed by one. My guess is it might be her, Alan (her husband) and Duckfist. But I know I am just being hopeful!

I don't know about YouTube, but she has been posting a lot on Instagram @molly_mcawesome_ .
Morgan decided to stay in the room. I think her teen age self just needed some time by herself at points on the trip.

Very common for teens.

We were seated almost immediately. We always seem to be seating in the side area and never at a window. :( I regretted not asking for a window table. But it was fine.

I was so happy when we got a window seat, but it was dark so it didn't really matter.

This was one of the times that I almost fell over at the price. It was $10 and at the time I was like whatever, you get a cup and the fun character... But when it arrived!!! I mean could the cup be smaller!?!?! It was WAY to expensive. Thankfully Gwen never asked for it again. But it was fun for one time!

I didn't realize they were so small.

We ordered the Bread Service to start.

Love this!

I thinks Danielle would like the soup too.

Morgan also ordered the “adult” Pizza. Which came with 2 naan made into Pizza.

This looks pretty good.

Gwen played with the filters you get with Genie+ on the bus.

I always forget to play with them.

Fun photo!

After 2 times, Andy and Gwen were done. But Morgan wanted to ride one more time, so I said I would go with her, so we jumped back in line!

I'm a one and done.

Your twilight photos are so pretty!

52084239578_33a4c56870_z.jpg

Very cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter