• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Night Before A Cruise

jeffann6

Mouseketeer
What recommendations on the best hotel near Port Canaveral that would have shuttle service to port day of cruise .

Depends on what you are looking for. If you just want a relatively inexpensive place to lay your head, the Radisson Resort At The Port will fit the bill.

Check out goportcanaveral.com. They have packages that include all transportation to the hotel, the port and back.

Check out goportcanaveral.com. They have packages that include all transportation to the hotel, the port and back.
Thanks
I'll check that out, I have a some what of a picky wife when it comes to hotel rooms so to speak. All things Disney no issues but when staying outside of Disney then I worry.

What recommendations on the best hotel near Port Canaveral that would have shuttle service to port day of cruise .
We are staying at the Hampton inn in coco beach on someone’s recommendation. 10 min. From Port Canaveral and they have a transport package to get you to and from the airport.

We love the Residence Inn. Have stayed there many times. This trip we are giving the Hampton Inn a whirl. Right on the beach. Looks nice.

We've used goportcanaveral twice and will be using them 2 more times. We've always been very happy with them. We prefer to stay at a hotel in Orlando though, so can't comment on hotels in PC. I'm also very picky when it comes to hotels(clean and well kept are musts, non-smoking, no pets-we have allergies, nice pool area, breakfast included) goportcanaveral has a rating system on the site with pics of the hotels. I pick hotels that have a 4 or 5 star rating and have always been happy.

OT:
When I saw the title of this thread, my first response was “sleepless”!

Back to the topic, I stayed at Radisson too for a night to visit Kennedy Space Center. We missed the free shuttle to KSC due to miscommunication and the hotel was kind enough to send us there by taxi. This was in 2014 though.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you just want a relatively inexpensive place to lay your head, the Radisson Resort At The Port will fit the bill.

This is where we stayed for the one night before our cruise this summer. It was clean; had a nice size pool; shuttle to port. We had rented a car but talked to people on the cruise who stayed here and took the shuttle without any issue.

+1 for the Radisson. As noted, the staff are really great there. Cruisers make up a good chunk of their guests so they "get" most of what needs to be done to have a nice stay.

Not hotel related, but remember the night before to charge your cell phone/camera(s) and keep them handy for the next morning...maybe get cheap cameras for your kids for some fun views of the cruise. Cruise on...

I'm picky which is why I always stay at a Disney resort the night before.
Considering staying at a Disney property the night before as well. What is the most inexpensive way to get to Port Canaveral from there besides Uber etc? Do you have to transportation arranged back to the airport after getting off the ship?

Considering staying at a Disney property the night before as well. What is the most inexpensive way to get to Port Canaveral from there besides Uber etc? Do you have to transportation arranged back to the airport after getting off the ship?

Disney bus transfers are available from the hotel to cruise and cruise to airport for $35 each way, per person. So whether this is more or less expensive than uber depends entirely on the number of people in your party. You call DCL to make the reservation. One thing I really like about the DCL transfers is they will pick up your luggage right from your Disney resort hotel room at 8am and deliver to it your stateroom on the ship, so we don't have to lug around our stuff. One downside is the bus often picks up on the later side (11am/12pm) so you won't be the first on the ship.

Disney bus transfers are available from the hotel to cruise and cruise to airport for $35 each way, per person. So whether this is more or less expensive than uber depends entirely on the number of people in your party. You call DCL to make the reservation. One thing I really like about the DCL transfers is they will pick up your luggage right from your Disney resort hotel room at 8am and deliver to it your stateroom on the ship, so we don't have to lug around our stuff. One downside is the bus often picks up on the later side (11am/12pm) so you won't be the first on the ship.

Technically any B2B cruisers would be first on the ship. But for new cruisers, it’s Family of the Day or Concierge (I am not sure if Concierge behind their special screen goes first or Family of the Day goes first) followed by Platinum. Depending on the cruise, that could be a LOT - yes, even out of PC. The Fantasy on the “boring old Eastern” in Feb a few years ago had enough Platinum they divided Platinum into two groups. So even with the first PAT, there will still be some people on ahead of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter