Night w/o kids

honeymom

<font color=blue>I just tried to connect the dots<
My husband and I will be going to WDW in March, staying at the Caribbean. I'm going to set up a kids club for them one night so we can go out adults only. Any recommendations? We'll be staying at CBR and will not have a rental car.

Also, any recommendations for which kids club to put the kids in. I'm thinking of the Neverland Club at the Poly because I've heard the most about it.

The Beach Club also has a kids' club, why not drop them off there and then go to Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club, or go across to the Boardwalk to try Flying Fish.
Our next trip, we're going to try Shula's at the Dolphin for the first time, and we were going to take the kids to the Beach Club, but I just learned that the Dolphin has their own kids' club.

Since you won't have a car, you'll want to be relatively close to where you drop your kids off, and the restaurants I mentioned are all very close to Beach Club. I'm not as familiar with MK resort restaurants, but if you do want to take them to the Poly, you could always try Victoria & Albert's!

If you want to use the Neverland Club at the Polynesian, there are a number of really good restaurants to choose from on the monorail circuit. Victoria & Alberts is wonderful. The one time we used a kids club...many, many moons ago... that was where we dined. California Grill, Narcoossee's and Citricos are other great choices. Kona has wonderful food but is perhaps more casual than you might be looking for on a "date" night.

An advantage of the monorail circuit is that the resort loop runs until 11:00 pm at the earliest. If you're dining when the MK is still open or an hour or two (not sure which) after it closes, you'll be able to pick up a resort bus from there to return to your hotel. You can also uses the resort launch to get from the MK to the Polynesian or vice versa which is fun in itself.

We used the Neverland Club because it's my dd's favorite place. Then dh and I went over to Artist Point for dinner. You can take the path at the Polynesian over to TTC and hop a bus for WL there. We ate at Artist Point and loved it. Then we took the launch from WL back to the Comtemporary and the monorail to the Polynesian. It was a lot of fun.

During our last two trips we put the kids in child care while Dh & I had dinner ALONE (such a treat!) In June we were at the AKL so we put them in Simba's Cubhouse. They both really liked it, especially since some of the smaller birds came up to the window. Lots of fun stuff to do. My DS (then 8) is a VERY picky eater and did not lilke the food selection. I'm not sure of the choices, but DD4 ate chicken nuggetts and liked them.

This last trip in November we were at the Polynesian so we put them in the Neverland Club. This one was a BIG hit!! Lots of things to do including an arts & crafts section and various video games to play (the actual consoles) The kids were putting on a puppet show with some other kids when we picked them up. DS liked the food selection here much better since they had a buffett with pizza (he said he ate 8 slices!) DD had different things.

Both clubs are wonderful for the kids. In June we left them for 2 hours and ate at Boma's - a place they would not have liked. In November we left them for 3 hours (their request) and we ate at the Kona Cafe (DH & I love that place!) Since we had more time we also went over to the MK for a while - we checked out Mickey's Philharmagic to see if the kids would like it (we did and so did they). We also got to see the fireworks before we had to go pick up the kids.

Just a suggestion - you may want to make dinner reservations close to where the children are staying. At $10 and hour per child you don't really want to spend all your time getting to where you are going to eat.

Have a great time! :)

Jill

I'm leaning toward Neverland Club and Contemporary Grill or other dinner. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I think kids will have the most fun in Neverland.

California Grill is a great choice! The food and service are great! Spectacular view too, of course.

I agree, the view from the California Grill -- on the 15th floor of the Contemporary Resort -- is fantastic, and the food is excellent. We had our Thanksgiving dinner there this year. Citricos at the Grand Floridian is very good, too.

I've always enjoyed the Flying Fish Cafe at the BoardWalk, and I like Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but they're harder to get to without a car (or taxi).

You've made a fine choice in the California Grill!

If you eat at Shulas, you can get 2 hours of free childcare per child at Camp Dolphin for the kids for free.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter