Nighttime entertainment schedule?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Does anyone know if the evening entertainment is nightly (i.e. Cinematic Spectacular and Nighttime lights of Hogwarts)? Some friends head down in 7 days, and wondered if they'd get to see either show. I also wondered if the parade is always held at 7pm, or does it have a rotating schedule? I can't find any advanced show times. TIA!

Maybe someone who's been recently will chime in, but if they are staying onsite, they can find out in the lobby usually. You can ask someone at the desk, I recall seeing little signs on the desk as well with park info. There is often signage at the entrance to the parks as well, regarding the parade, and nighttime shows. The best way is to use the UO app.
As far as now, I can see on the app that the Cinematic Celebration at US is scheduled for 9pm tonight. I don't believe the Hogwarts light show has restarted yet, at least I haven't seen anyone here post about it, and the app says, "Show Times not Available".
Shows, parades, character sightings etc. are still hit or miss, probably due to staffing. It seems that things are starting to open up more now in July though. I would check the app daily to see what's normally happening now.

Maybe someone who's been recently will chime in, but if they are staying onsite, they can find out in the lobby usually. You can ask someone at the desk, I recall seeing little signs on the desk as well with park info. There is often signage at the entrance to the parks as well, regarding the parade, and nighttime shows. The best way is to use the UO app.
As far as now, I can see on the app that the Cinematic Celebration at US is scheduled for 9pm tonight. I don't believe the Hogwarts light show has restarted yet, at least I haven't seen anyone here post about it, and the app says, "Show Times not Available".
Shows, parades, character sightings etc. are still hit or miss, probably due to staffing. It seems that things are starting to open up more now in July though. I would check the app daily to see what's normally happening now.
Hogwarts light show is definitely back. It was at 9pm the last two nights, with a 10pm park closing time.

Hogwarts light show is definitely back. It was at 9pm the last two nights, with a 10pm park closing time.

Just to elaborate on this - the Hogwarts castle show might start at a certain time, but it will then happen every 20 minutes or so with the last one usually happening at park close. The first show is usually stupid crowded with the subsequent shows getting much better. You can usually ask one of the WWOP team members and they can give you more accurate details the day of.

In my experience, for all of the entertainment at UO, check the app regularly as they can change at the drop of a hat. Twice we've had them suddenly add a Cinematic show when there wasn't one on the calendar a couple of days before - which made me very happy since I adore that show, but we very easily could have missed it.

I've been checking the show times in the app, but I haven't seen any times listed for this show the past several days.

Is it being shown every night now?

Yes. Starts at 9 and they announce show time for each show. I’ll be honest we are big HP fans and found it mediocre. We probably wouldn’t make a point to see it again. We were at the 10pm show (last one) and there were very few people crowding around.

It's not available on nights that Halloween Horror Nights are on, but it can still be offered on non HH nights. But, maybe the show isn't offered again until HHN ends in November as a cost savings?

Did this show stop running? It says it is not available in the app.
The shows stopped running mid-August when park hours were cut. It was disappointing to miss them, but since it was still daylight when the park closed at 7 or 8pm, there wasn’t much point. I assume the nighttime shows will be back when either park hours get later or the season changes to bring darkness earlier.

The app shows Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle is supposed to run nightly Sept. 18-Oct. 31, and that The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle is temporarily closed. For Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration, the app says select nights.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter