Nighttime Parade

Mikeyuk

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know any more about the return of the MSEP to the Magic Kingdom - Just seen this youtube video, but can't find any more info on it? Is it true, just rumour or someone messing around?

Last edited:
Just pure speculation/rumor.

I have a hard time believing they would ship it all the way back to WDW again.

In the past 20 years this parade has gone from:

Anaheim to New York
New York to Orlando
Orlando to Anaheim
Anaheim to Orlando
Orlando to Anaheim

What's one more cross country trip?

It's certainly cheaper than paying for a new one.
Maybe one final time. We swear. This is it. For real. Pinky promise.
I'll believe it when I see it I guess. I just think they'll wait until the 50th before ponying up any money for a parade.

I'll believe it when I see it I guess. I just think they'll wait until the 50th before ponying up any money for a parade.

People expect a nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom. The current 9 month light parade drought is already by far the longest at MK since MSEP debuted 40 years ago. I could totally see them bring back MSEP as a holdover until they free up some capital expenditure money for a new parade for the 50th.

People expect a nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom. The current 9 month light parade drought is already by far the longest at MK since MSEP debuted 40 years ago. I could totally see them bring back MSEP as a holdover until they free up some capital expenditure money for a new parade for the 50th.
I agree I just have little faith that it would indeed come back.

I would hope they do something. When I was there, you notice an awkward gap in the evening knowing the parade was there.

Though, if enough people are still buying tickets....

The guy in the youtube video says that Disney has confirmed it in a blog - but annoyingly he doesn't say where or how, that makes me a little suspicious as to how true it is :-S

The guy in the youtube video says that Disney has confirmed it in a blog - but annoyingly he doesn't say where or how, that makes me a little suspicious as to how true it is :-S
It definitely is not confirmed.

If nothing else, the fact that it is even being speculated at this point proves that it was a very shortsighted decision to get rid of it in the first place. You simply don't make that large of a business decision without having a viable alternative plan in place.

i still miss Spectromagic...........loved the Music

I was just reading that they destroyed many of the Spectromagic floats in 2010. Why would they destroy floats from a beloved parade? Safety issues? Storage issues? Technology issues? Seems so sad. Just think of the crowds MK would attract if they were to bring back an old parade from people's childhoods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter