Nighttime passport to DisneySea on weekday night

lengmui

Earning My Ears
Anybody know how the crowds are on a weekday night (looking at Nov 12 or Nov 13, next week!!)? Would I be able to do the main rides like Journey, 20000 leagues, and Indy at TDS if I do the after 6 only? Original plans were to go there for a full day, but some other things came up, and the only choice I have if I wanted to check it out is the evening pass :worried:

Hoping since its a relatively slow time (hopefully), there shouldn't be that big of an evening crowd...

Last October, we went on a Tuesday or Wednesday I believe. It was NUTS. We arrived before RD and it still took over a half hour just to get through the turnstiles. Granted TSMM was fairly new then, but at the time we finally entered, there were CM's with signs in Japanese saying FP were all gone for it right as we entered the park. We went over anyways to try standby and it was 4 hours...

I think FP were gone by around 4 for all rides. Towards the end of the night lines went down to maybe 90 minutes. Basically, it is way busier than I've ever seen WDW. In fact, when you purchase tickets you have to designate the day you will be going because it is not uncommon for dates to sell out :crazy2:

That said, it was amazing. It is worth it even just to walk a circle around the park because of the level of detail. I am not sure how often or what disney parks you make it to, but I would suggest doing some of the rides unique to that park if you can. Their TOT is the only one with that theme/storyline. However I think you can safely skip raging spirits. We got in line for it about 5minutes before the park closed, waited over an hour and when the train pulled back in we just looked at each other and knew it was a total waste of time.

That said, it was amazing. It is worth it even just to walk a circle around the park because of the level of detail.
I would agree with this. DisneySea is the only one of its kind in the world. You can safely skip TDL, it's amazing but it is the same as Disneyland. TDS is unique though, and if it's your only time in Japan and your only chance to go, I'd say pay for the After 6 passport and you will definitely enjoy your experience. ¥3300 is well worth it to walk around, enjoy the atmosphere and the unique park and theming, maybe catch Fantasmic, and you might even get on some rides.

If I had to pick ONE ride to suggest you try for, it would be Journey. It's just incredible. But even if you don't get on that, you'll love American Waterfront, Lost River Delta...in fact I feel like going over there right now just to enjoy a browse around the park myself! It's well worth the ¥3300 for the After 6. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter