Nik Wallenda doing it again.

I won't watch simply because I'm assuming it will be like the Evil Kenevil stunts from the 70's.

This is what I assume will be: A LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG drawn out televised event where the action won't start until the last few minutes of the show. Way too many talking heads filling time.

Actually, when he walked over Niagara Falls, the walk took up most of the show. Of course, while he was walking, they showed all sorts of filler and talked to all kinds of people about what was happening. After awhile, just watching him walk was kind of boring.

I don't think I'll watch it. Too high a risk of death. Several years ago, I was watching TV and a car chase preempted programming. Seriously, if there is a car chase on TV, there is a 45% chance it is from Texas, a 45% chance it is from California and the other 10% gets spread throughout the other 48 states. :rotfl:

Anyway, I was hoping the chase would end soon so I could watch my show, so the TV stayed on. Usually, they chase the car, eventually the car slows and someone jumps out and the police catch the driver. But this guy had little kids in the vehicle with him and was driving incredibly fast, so it was different. The vehicle was on an overpass of a freeway and slowed down slightly. It bumped the edge and then seemed to lose steam, eventually stopping. The police ran up and there was no driver. Just the kids. :confused3

The news started running the tape really sloooooooooowly, trying to see if he could have leapt to the road below or what, because he was GONE. And he'd had a camera on him every second. He was gone alright. Turns out, he tried to jump from the vehicle when it was going very fast and when he hit the concrete barrier, he DISINTEGRATED into tiny bits. Teeny tiny bits. And yes, you could see it on the tape. ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, they found itty bitty parts of him, but they had been looking for a more or less intact adult. It freaked me out. No need to see that again.

Is anyone watching the pre-show

I watched the last hour & now waiting for the walk to begin. I have such a fear of heights, I hyperventilate just thinking about heights. Nik seems like such a nice guy. I am in awe of his ability & confidence.

I wonder when the walk will actually start. I am changing channels at 10 to watch Mad Men.

Please make Jim Cantore shut up,lol.

I remember as a kid watching Evel Knevel .

Oh my,.did anyone just see the.commercial for.shark.week?!

Man they are reallllyyyy dragging this thing out. I just wanna see him walk and go lay down!

His kids have some wacky names. Amadeus , Fita or Thea (couldn't understand, reminds me of fritos or Cheetos though), and I missed the first sons name

It's incredibly selfish for a man with a family to tempt death for frivolous reasons.

DisDance said:
Man they are reallllyyyy dragging this thing out. I just wanna see him walk and go lay down!

His kids have some wacky names. Amadeus , Fita or Thea (couldn't understand, reminds me of fritos or Cheetos though), and I missed the first sons name

Yani.is his name... :)

At least that what it sounded like

It is how he puts food on their table.
It is called show business.
He and his family are performers.

ford family

But is it worth losing his life? Millions of people provide for their families without putting their life on such blatant danger

Btw hate to stir the pot but could his jeans be hiding anything that helps stabilize him?

I missed the first part - did they explain how they string this cable across the canyon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter