• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nike....laying off workers

I'm surprised Hokas don't have a collab with Disney seeing as SO many people are wearing them to the parks. Universal too, actually.

They're my shoe of choice as I need a wider fit and they're one of the only ones that feel comfortable to me. I've never owned Nikes as they feel too narrow for my feet.

I have several pairs of Hokas. I love them. I’ve travelled internationally several times this past year. Lots of people wearing Hokas everywhere. They have a global appeal.

Maybe. Just what I'm looking for, a pair of shiny high tops.
Well don't buy them from eBay because those folks have nothing in hand. It is being reported the shoes have not been made nor is there a known contract for them to be made. Original seller fine print reported delivery not guaranteed. Oh and reports out there is there will be a couple lawsuits filed for copyright infringement so they might never get made.

If you really want shiny high tops Amazon has some for considerably less, delivered in two days. ;)

I look at two big things...what are the kids wearing and what are the athletes wearing. There's also a third issue that may be in the mix.

1. While Nike is still pretty popular with the kids and I've gotten ours everything from hoodies and sweatpants to 270s, Blazers and AFs over the last few years, it's not what they're asking for right now. When it came to recent shoe requests, Hoka, On, and Converse were the more recent asks.

2. While we see Nike being the official uniform brand for certain school provided gear, my athlete doesn't like Nike for sports. When it comes to pants, she likes Mizuno. When it comes to metal cleats, she likes Ringor. For turfs...New Balance. Under Armour and TCK are her faves for socks. Her most recent travel ball uniforms have been Black Star and EvoShield, and she prefers those over her Nike school uniforms. From my running experiences, Nike isn't nearly as popular as the other brands. I've tried on a few pairs during run shop fittings and none of them were comfortable. Their Vaporfly 3 is preferred by many professional marathoners, but when I've been to races, I see a lot of Brooks, New Balance, On, Hoka, Asics, and Saucony.

3. Footwear quality for some of the throwback gear is questionable. I was a huge fan of the Nike Air Max 95s when they first came out in 1995. When I saw that they brought them back as trendy lifestyle shoes, I had to have a pair. They may look a lot like my original pairs and I love that you can do all kinds of custom colors these days, but they certainly don't fit like the original 1995s. They're too uncomfortable for any walking or running like I did with my originals, and they're actually uncomfortable to wear around for casual purposes. I've heard I'm not the only one, so I can only imagine that people looking for nostalgic footwear purchases aren't buying in on these lesser products.

Well don't buy them from eBay because those folks have nothing in hand. It is being reported the shoes have not been made nor is there a known contract for them to be made. Original seller fine print reported delivery not guaranteed. Oh and reports out there is there will be a couple lawsuits filed for copyright infringement so they might never get made.

If you really want shiny high tops Amazon has some for considerably less, delivered in two days. ;)
My last pair of sketchers cost me 24.97 at Costco. Fortunately for me, no major foot problems and my feet have quite a few miles on them. Did the parks 2 weeks ago with no problems, other than got tired. I'm getting old, I guess.

I was reading about all that hoopla. I'll be keeping my money.

After Costco, Amazon is my usual go to.

We now wear Hokas and OnCloud shoes. After we stopped buying Nike, we found these 2 brands. We like them better and they are way more comfortable than Nikes ever were. About to go and buy another pair of OnCloud Monsters - they are the most comfortable pair of shoes for walking I have ever had. Nike lost us as customers and won’t ever get us back. We have moved on.

We deal with Nike at work. They would say we are a “partner” but they treat us, the retailer like 💩.
Of all the companies we deal with Nike is the most poorly managed. I could go on and on about their terrible product development, poor shipping practices and lack of real life practical awareness, but I won’t. I will just say, Nike’s problems are 100% managerial, and the workers will pay the price.

My last pair of sketchers cost me 24.97 at Costco. Fortunately for me, no major foot problems and my feet have quite a few miles on them. Did the parks 2 weeks ago with no problems, other than got tired. I'm getting old, I guess.

I was reading about all that hoopla. I'll be keeping my money.

After Costco, Amazon is my usual go to.
I only wore good "sneakers" to the parks, Nike, New Balance etc. for support. One day I came across a clearance Skecher that was grey with splattered paint. I loved them and they reminded me of DHS Muppets splattered paint. I have lifelong arthritis and bad knees and was sure I was making a huge mistake. For the first time in years I went pain free that day. Been wearing Skechers ever since. Another plus is if they get wet they dry fast. I have other shoes in the closet but Skechers are my long day shoes. I hear you on Costco and Amazon. :thumbsup2 More I save the more colors I can buy!!

Sketchers is also doing well with their slip ins. Seniors love em. I can not stress enough the importance of the right shoe if you have foot problems. Converse are the worst
I love the Sketcher slip ons. I use those and a pair of crocks for all my camping needs.

I despise Nike as a company and won't by their products. Their undue influence over USATF is bad for the sport, they have been involved in a lot of shady dealings over the years, and I don't want to be associated with their brand in any way.

Sketchers is also doing well with their slip ins. Seniors love em. I can not stress enough the importance of the right shoe if you have foot problems. Converse are the worst
I'm still a long way from being a senior and I love them. I'm in a pair right now, but I wouldn't wear them to the parks or anything else where I'm going to put more than 5,000 or so steps on them. For that I've got my Hokas and New Balance.

I see a lot of people wearing Nikes. All ages. The Air Jordans are expensive and still popular (from what I've seen). And when the limited edition hit the website, many sell out. I've seen videos of people following social media for them. I hear on the new jobs added passed expectations but I don't see it. I hear a lot of layoffs. Just yesterday my husbands friend said his company had major layoffs. An entire section gone, something about to do with pricing. My husband is interviewing for a job. It's a very long process. This is what he was told last night: Say his salary is $100,000. Well, $60K is guaranteed. The other is dependent on how well this "store" goes. Good sales, making a lot of money, he'll get more than $40k. If not, he'll receive less. It's a very well known and popular business.

I'm surprised Hokas don't have a collab with Disney seeing as SO many people are wearing them to the parks. Universal too, actually.

They're my shoe of choice as I need a wider fit and they're one of the only ones that feel comfortable to me. I've never owned Nikes as they feel too narrow for my feet.
Same! Have been wearing them for years, discovered them from a friend who is an avid runner. I would have people ask me what brand they were when I wore them. They are pretty well known now. Current favorite is the Bondi 8.

I only wore good "sneakers" to the parks, Nike, New Balance etc. for support. One day I came across a clearance Skecher that was grey with splattered paint. I loved them and they reminded me of DHS Muppets splattered paint. I have lifelong arthritis and bad knees and was sure I was making a huge mistake. For the first time in years I went pain free that day. Been wearing Skechers ever since. Another plus is if they get wet they dry fast. I have other shoes in the closet but Skechers are my long day shoes. I hear you on Costco and Amazon. :thumbsup2 More I save the more colors I can buy!!
I am a Skechers fan as well. I never wore Nike but used to try different brands as I am between sizes but am wide so hard to find comfortable shoes and kept hearing about Skechers and decided to give them a try and I love them. I have several different styles. My husband wears them now too.

Same! Have been wearing them for years, discovered them from a friend who is an avid runner. I would have people ask me what brand they were when I wore them. They are pretty well known now. Current favorite is the Bondi 8.
I got mine from a running store after I had my feet measured. I tried other brands but Hokas were the only ones that felt good on my wide feet. I have the Arahi 5.

I got mine from a running store after I had my feet measured. I tried other brands but Hokas were the only ones that felt good on my wide feet. I have the Arahi 5.
And they support your feet well in the parks? May have to try that model. Have the newest Clifton's as well, but I don't like them as much for long park days as I do the Bondi's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter