Nike stock closes at all time high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that you care to spend so much time trying to tear him down. I can assure you that Mr. Kaepernick gives not one thought about your opinion of his athletic ability. He and his bank account are living it up and making history. His name in the encycopledia will tell his story, of how he started a movement against injustice. He will be remembered
A lot more blacks are killed by other blacks. Black area are typically very dangerous places,especially at night. I don't know what that is. Very dangerous for cops too. Cops are on edge in those areas. I think efforts would be better spent figuring these things out.

Yesterday's all-time high closing was only slightly higher than the previous all-time high a few weeks before the ad campaign started. You shouldn't read anything into such short-term variations. Give it at least a few more months to see if the ad was brilliant marketing or a mistake.

A lot more blacks are killed by other blacks. Black area are typically very dangerous places,especially at night. I don't know what that is. Very dangerous for cops too. Cops are on edge in those areas. I think efforts would be better spent figuring these things out.

Believe it or not, people can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Both issues can/should be acknowledged and addressed

Yup, lacey Baker one of the best female skateboarders in the world is in it and she is a gender neutral queen who is a monster on a skateboard.

To those putting down Nike & thinking there will be a demise in the future have you SEEN the full 2 min new ad? It's FANTASTIC. :woohoo: Very inspiring. :yay: There is not a single actor in the ad. Everyone in it are REAL athletes who accomplished much. Even the one that lost 120 lbs, to win the Iron Man, after beating a brain tumor. And there is a lot of diversity in the ad. :thumbsup2 And athletes coming from all walks of life& situations.

Nike's new ad campaign & direction isn't targeting old fogies in an old establishment. Nike is targeting the millennials & Gen Z-ers. They are targeting the future.

This is such a red herring. Statistically white people tend to be killed by other white people too. Yet no one ever talks about the scourge of white on white violence...

Yesterday's all-time high closing was only slightly higher than the previous all-time high a few weeks before the ad campaign started. You shouldn't read anything into such short-term variations. Give it at least a few more months to see if the ad was brilliant marketing or a mistake.

Even if they lose money, the ad isn't a mistake. The message is more important than money.

This is such a red herring. Statistically white people tend to be killed by other white people too. Yet no one ever talks about the scourge of white on white violence...

And U.S. toddlers shot and killed more people in this country than foreign terrorists in 2015. How can we solve the toddler problem ?!? They are destroying this nation!! See how you can twist statistics to support any narrow views.

Even if they lose money, the ad isn't a mistake. The message is more important than money.

To the consumer, yes. To Nike? No.

Now I don’t think the ad is a mistake. I think it’s a great ad but I don’t think Nike would run it if they thought it wouldn’t sell their product.

I personally think it’s an ad campaign that could go on and feature many athletes who have sacrificed for a multitude of reasons. But if it doesn’t help the bottom line, it will be gone.

It’s like the Budweiser ads. Some of them have a great message. But the goal is to sell Budweiser. So those gorgeous horses heading to NYC after 9/11 was patriotic and touching and brought tears AND sold Budweiser. If they didn’t help their sales, they wouldn’t run them.

:sad2: popcorn::
The only thing the old white lady can say.

Nike has a BRILLIANT marketing department. This ad has generated millions of free advertising. People are talking about them. Whether they agree or not, they know the name Nike. The #1 goal of an ad is brand recognition. There is no doubt that everyone knows this is a Nike ad.

When are people going to start burning their Ford pickups? That I want to see. If they are really committed to being anti CK, the pickups should go too. Otherwise they are fickle protesters.

I find it interesting that you care to spend so much time trying to tear him down. I can assure you that Mr. Kaepernick gives not one thought about your opinion of his athletic ability. He and his bank account are living it up and making history. His name in the encycopledia will tell his story, of how he started a movement against injustice. He will be remembered

Of course he doesn't care- but I spend "so much time" tearing him down? I assure you that these couple of posts on this thread are the most thought I've given his football career in quite some time. I have not said one thing about his kneeling.

Actual sales have increased 31% since the airing of the ad. Stock is doing well, but sales numbers are through the roof. No company can sustain this kind of uptick in sales and they will eventually swing back down again, but projections are that they will still stay elevated over sales before the ad, which is the goal.

I would love to never hear the name “Nike” again. Not because of the ad, because of the constant back and forth about it. It’s ridiculous.

I buy a shoe because I like the shoe and it is comfortable. I bought my kids shoes because they liked them and they fit. I have never once bought a shoe because of whose face is or isn’t in their ad.

All of us wear Nike shoes and will continue to do so. All three of my kids prefer Under Armour for work out clothes, shorts, etc. I don’t see either changing.

And don’t even get me started about those posting on fb that they are burning their shoes. Beyond dumb.

Even dumber are those who are buying Nike shoes so they can burn them! :rotfl:(yes, I've heard of a few doing that)

Even dumber are those who are buying Nike shoes so they can burn them! :rotfl:(yes, I've heard of a few doing that)

Me too! I just want to yell at them to donate them, give them to the homeless guy at the corner, but for the love of Pete why are you burning them? News flash: Nike doesn’t care! They already have your money!

That he was purposely being blacklisted. You can’t tell me that every qb that’s played since he was cut is better than him..

Colin Kaepernick would make a serviceable backup. Whether or not he’s being blacklisted, he’s clearly more talented than several 2nd or 3rd string QBs on NFL rosters.

During his prime he had a specific skill set operating out of the pistol. His game was kind of odd. Cannon for an arm, but poor long range accuracy. Stared down his receivers. No quick burst, when he got to full speed he was difficult to catch. Defenses adjusted and he was no longer the next big thing. Also, I recall hearing Jerry Rice say that he had to stop taking off all the time, since it was inevitable that he’d eventually get injured. But even with all that, he’s a serviceable backup, even if just asked to be a pocket passer.

Oh here we go. Let's not accept Kaepernick's and other players numerous explanations that it's not about the veterans and let's ignore that law enforcement might need to reexamine themselves....let's just point out black on black crime. :sad2:

BTW, the bolded statement says a lot about you. You don't know "what it is and want to figure it out"? Well, then maybe you should listen to the many sociologists, urban planners, and residents of that area who constantly point out what has hurt neighborhoods you judge from afar.

Also, the commercial is fantastic and it doesn't bother me that my son is at the age where he is pretty much head to toe in Nike.

I find it amazing that people actually thought this would destroy Nike and they would be put out of business, and the opposite happened.

This is what happens when people surround themselves and listen to only those who think and feel exactly like themselves. They cannot imagine that other people in the world, this great big world, have opinions that are different than theirs.

Blacks? Seriously, we just say blacks now?
Besides what does any of that have to do with the Nike or their ad?

Of course he doesn't care- but I spend "so much time" tearing him down? I assure you that these couple of posts on this thread are the most thought I've given his football career in quite some time. I have not said one thing about his kneeling.
Oh just stop. We all know exactly where your comments come from. You can criticizes him all you want and pretend he's not playing because of his ability but anyone with a brain and the skill to look at a situation as a whole will see how flawed that is.
Say it isn't about his kneeling all you want but your opinion is influenced by just that. Cut the nonsense.
He was a middle of the pack starting qb. Obviously not a superstar or the greatest but to prentend like he just sucks so bad that he doesn't even deserve to be on a team is straight up nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter