Nike stock closes at all time high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm yes, we can and DO refer to BLACK people as black. Just as we refer to WHITES as whites. Sheesh

Yes, even BLM refer to themselves....as.....wait for it.....BLACK

Stop. You changed the wording and that changes the intent and message. See how you say "we refer to black people (not blacks) as black and "whites" as whites, that's right there is disingenuous. First, very few people refer to White people as "whites", second the poster I quoted said "blacks" not black people or black referring to one specific person.
BLM does refer to people as "blacks". Black Lives Matter, no s. There's a reason it's Black Lives Matter and not The lives of blacks matter.

Not surprised. I stopped paying attention to the kneeling thing about a month after everything started. I don't care about Nike, I am an ADIDAS girl myself. I don't think the stock and sales are sustainable. I think it will level out eventually. I think the ad just gave them a slight boost in their sales for a bit. I am pretty sure it will dip in a week or so.

Thanks. I'm sure the usual white sheeters will jump on me and act like they can't possibly understand the issue. But seriously, when are we just going to say enough with this covert racist stuff?
It’s funny that they think they are being so sly, like others don’t see right through them. It’s the same thing every thread of this type.

I saw some guy on twitter throwing his Nikes in the fire. Turns out they were actually New Balance but the big N on the side faked him out.

qualifier: That may have been satire, it's hard to tell anymore.

Dang people it's an ad for shoes-why people need to turn it into a race thing on both sides (even as unsurprising as that is) is beyond me.

I don't really care who the spokesperson is on products. The message tends to be more what I'm after. It's a good message. But not for nothing I don't even care to buy Nike shoes (or products) they typically are too rich for my blood anyways :laughing:

Trump_Nike_How-Burn-Our-Products.jpg

Dang people it's an ad for shoes-why people need to turn it into a race thing on both sides (even as unsurprising as that is) is beyond me.

I don't really care who the spokesperson is on products. The message tends to be more what I'm after. It's a good message. But not for nothing I don't even care to buy Nike shoes (or products) they typically are too rich for my blood anyways :laughing:
Oh stop with the both sides nonsense. It's only a problem for people on one side. Whether you agree, disagree or don't give a damn, the controversy with Kaepernick, kneeling and Nike from one side. Can we just stop with the nonsense and pretending it's a both sides thing? If morons weren't all up in arms, that includes tweeting and burning their Nike products, there would be no "thing".

Why do some people NEED to pretend that this isn't about race???

Why do some people NEED to pretend that this isn't about race???
IDK..cuz I was talking about the ad not about the color of the spokeperson's skin. To me it doesn't matter. If it does to you great but as I said I thought the message was great I just don't tend to care who the spokespersons are for products.

Oh stop with the both sides nonsense. It's only a problem for people on one side. Whether you agree, disagree or don't give a damn, the controversy with Kaepernick, kneeling and Nike from one side. Can we just stop with the nonsense and pretending it's a both sides thing? If morons weren't all up in arms, that includes tweeting and burning their Nike products, there would be no "thing".
You're more than welcome to continue on but I'm going to continue the conversation hereonafter about the nike ad which as I already stated I thought it was a good message :)

What you fail to acknowledge is that it’s not about race. People of both races are on both sides of the debate about CK, kneeling and the ad.

Most do not have an issue with his race or anything about his race. They have an issue with his actions. And those are the people that have an issue with the ad and Nike.

It’s those, like you that jump on the assumption that it’s about his race that make it a “race thing”. Just as you did this thread.

And before you respond, I do not have an issue with the ad. I have already stated that. But I am sick of every time someone doesn’t agree with someone of a different race, they must be racist.

The only reason we are taking about Nike or the ad is because of Kaepernick and the whole kneeling thing. The wide eyed "I can't possibly understand why race is brought up" and then the both sides stuff is so transparent.

So Colin kneels because he is black? His race is the only issue?

And if there is more to his reason for kneeling than just being a black man, why can the only possible reason for someone to disagree with his actions be because they are racist? Are you seriously saying that they could not possibly have another reason? And if that is the case, what about those of the same race that disagree with his actions? Are they too racist? Although I have been told that they can’t be racist, so not sure how that would work.

We were talking about the ad because their stocks went up. And people are idiotically burning shoes. The only one here that started arguing about race was YOU.

To those putting down Nike & thinking there will be a demise in the future have you SEEN the full 2 min new ad? It's FANTASTIC. :woohoo: Very inspiring. :yay: There is not a single actor in the ad. Everyone in it are REAL athletes who accomplished much. Even the one that lost 120 lbs, to win the Iron Man, after beating a brain tumor. And there is a lot of diversity in the ad. :thumbsup2 And athletes coming from all walks of life& situations.

Nike's new ad campaign & direction isn't targeting old fogies in an old establishment. Nike is targeting the millennials & Gen Z-ers. They are targeting the future.

Excellent

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
You have repeatedly shown us who you are with your comments. Don't try to turn this into something it isn't. The only reason there's a controversy about the ad is because of Kaepernick and the only reason he's controversial is because he is outspoken about issues of race and Police. It's only negative on these boards to the same posters who repeatedly post racist things and or agree with posters racist things.
BTW, if the same people are repeatedly being thought of as racist because of their comments, it's because they are racist.

I haven’t shown you anything. I don’t follow behind you and agree with every word you say. I don’t believe everything involving a white person and a black person is about race. Maybe because in my world, we don’t see it that way. It’s sad that you seem incapable of seeing it.

It is actually possible to just simply disagree with what someone does or says without caring about his race.

The only reason we are taking about Nike or the ad is because of Kaepernick and the whole kneeling thing. The wide eyed "I can't possibly understand why race is brought up" and then the both sides stuff is so transparent.
I mean that may be the reason you are talking about it. I get the controversy on it but I don't recall me personally mentioning anything about kneeling or anything remotely like that-again to you it may be the reason it was.

I like powerful messages and this is one I think is. Actually the most powerful message I can think of is Budweiser's clydesdales 9/11 commercial (I still tear up anytime it gets mentioned) and I don't even like Budweiser or Bud light for that matter. But that darn message is amazing of coming together as a mass community and supporting one another. And so is this one for the Nike ad because there are just times where the cause you believe in means you are taking a very big risk in a variety of ways but that cause you believe it..just can be worth it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter