• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nissan Pathfinder size

SuzyQue

Serious Mickey Nut
Nissan Pathfinder is running $100 less than the minivans. More concerned about the seats than cargo area, but does anyone know if you can fit a suitcase or 2 in the back?

Nissan Pathfinder is running $100 less than the minivans. More concerned about the seats than cargo area, but does anyone know if you can fit a suitcase or 2 in the back?
I'd avoid any Nissan with a CVT at this point. They just don't have the bugs worked out.

I'd avoid any Nissan with a CVT at this point. They just don't have the bugs worked out.
Thanks for the heads up. I did find this on researching the 2023s. "While the Pathfinder retains the 3.5-liter V-6 from the previous-generation model, it drops the continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) in favor of a new nine-speed automatic. The V-6 makes 284 horsepower in most models but is cranked up to 295 in the Rock Creek trim."

Thanks for the heads up. I did find this on researching the 2023s. "While the Pathfinder retains the 3.5-liter V-6 from the previous-generation model, it drops the continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) in favor of a new nine-speed automatic. The V-6 makes 284 horsepower in most models but is cranked up to 295 in the Rock Creek trim."
Finally! The Nissan dealer here was so backed up with warranty replacements of the CVTs that they had to sublet some of the replacements to independent transmission shops.

To answer your OP. I just had a Rav4 and fit 4 24" suitcases in the back. The Pathfinder has more space than that.

You're just talking rental? If you're having to utilize the 3rd row seating in suvs, there is hardly any room for luggage when it's up. I miss my van for that reason only.

I have a 2016 pathfinder and with the third row up you can still fit a couple suitcases. You may have to have them upright, and there isn’t much room (with the third row up) but I don’t think there is any less room than the cargo area of a minivan (we have never owned one but have rented them on vacation).

One other thing you can do to seat 6 is just bring one side of the third row up (2 people up front, 3 middle, 1 back). In my model anyway. We’ve done that when going to the beach. But the person in the third row would have luggage beside them.

I have a 2016 pathfinder and with the third row up you can still fit a couple suitcases. You may have to have them upright, and there isn’t much room (with the third row up) but I don’t think there is any less room than the cargo area of a minivan (we have never owned one but have rented them on vacation).

One other thing you can do to seat 6 is just bring one side of the third row up (2 people up front, 3 middle, 1 back). In my model anyway. We’ve done that when going to the beach. But the person in the third row would have luggage beside them.
Great idea, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter