NJ Earthquake

Gary Stocker

DIS Veteran
download (1).png
That was scary!! 4.7 about 23 miles from where I live. I am sure many of us who live around here felt it.

My house was shaking for 5 seconds... hope everyone impacted is ok!

I'm in MD and I felt it too. I was wondering why my house shook for about 10 seconds.

My friend who lives in south Jersey said that the train she takes to work in Philadelphia is temporarily suspended due to this.

Felt it strong in Queens. Was on second floor of house on toilet. Thought I was having a stroke or something.

Early 80's west of NYC (I could see Twin Tower from bedroom) we were awakened by an earthquake. We had a water bed and it was sloshing all over the place. It def does freak one out when it is something you are not used to.

Early 80's west of NYC (I could see Twin Tower from bedroom) we were awakened by an earthquake. We had a water bed and it was sloshing all over the place. It def does freak one out when it is something you are not used to.
I lived in Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn for that one. The “F” train ran underneath our apt and I thought 2 work trains were passing by.

In NJ right across the bridge from Philly and we felt it. I work in a pretty old building and I heard crunching and loud noises with shaking. Thought maybe they’re doing construction above me. After 5 seconds or so I kept swaying and shaking and I realized it was an earthquake. My coworkers threw on jackets and were ready to haul behind out of here but then it stopped.

Felt it strong in Queens. Was on second floor of house on toilet. Thought I was having a stroke or something.
This happened to me in a hotel in Hawaii in 2005, was on the toilet and the whole place started shaking and I thought to myself "I can't believe THIS is how I'm gonna die, hotel collapsing while I'm on the john" -- thankfully that earthquake was also just a mild one.

I also live in VA back in 2011 when the Mineral earthquake hit, our house was about 40 miles from it, came home and found the canned veggies all shaken off the shelves and on the garage floor.

In NJ right across the bridge from Philly and we felt it. I work in a pretty old building and I heard crunching and loud noises with shaking. Thought maybe they’re doing construction above me. After 5 seconds or so I kept swaying and shaking and I realized it was an earthquake. My coworkers threw on jackets and were ready to haul behind out of here but then it stopped.
A friend was in a doctors office near you and that office evacuated!

I felt it here in Manhattan. I'm in a skyscraper and could feel the whole building sway a bit. :teleport:

I'm in Philly and my whole house shook for a good 30-45 seconds. Never felt that before. My cats his and my dog started barking just before we felt it.

We're about 60 miles west of Tewksbury, NJ and definitely felt and heard it here for a good 30 seconds...long enough for me to walk to the front door to see if it was military helicopters flying overhead and then realized it wasn't so I walked to the basement door to check if it was the furnace. That's when I finally realized it was an earthquake and I headed to the door to go outside. Our son lives in Manhattan and was working from home today (5th floor of the apt. bldg.) and he definitely felt it.

Apparently, it could be felt in the Boston area. I was oblivious and felt nothing. I didn't know about it until a little while ago when two coworkers asked me about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter