No Aaa Discounts For North Penn

Hi, I dont know what to do now.
Should I call AAA and aska quote with the free dinning and see if they give me a room discount. Everyone keeps saying wither you can or your cant.
:earseek:

Well, this is what I have found with AAA or Disney with free dining. I contacted Disney for the YMP code and asked for a quote for WL standard view for 4 nights (2 adults 1 child) with 5 day MYW Parkhoppers. I got a quote of $1556.60. I asked if she could check the AAA package with the YMO code. It came to the same amount. I then contacted our AAA agent for a quote. Surprise, surprise. She called me back and said the AAA discounted package is ..... $1556.60. I said that's not discounted and she said oh, I guess not. I said well, everyone on the internet boards is stating they are getting a room discount with the AAA package. She called back to Disney and spoke to two separate persons including a supervisor. She was told no double discounts. We kept our reservation with AAA for the diamond parking pass and the AAA diamond card. Just for the ha, ha of it I called Disney again this morning to ask them to price out the two different packages. The woman said well, the AAA discounted package is a significant savings .... it is $1556.60. I told her that is not discounted, so she spent a good 15 minutes rechecking her numbers and then said no it isn't. From what I can tell and numerous checking into it .... you can either book the package yourself or with AAA and get the diamond card and pass and get either package for the same price. This is just my experience. I'd be happy to find out different from someone else.

If you want an AAA discounted package, you can get one with a room discount. If you want to book through AAA and take advantage of free dining, you will not receive a discount on the room portion. We had our trip booked as a package with the AAA room discount at the WL> When I read about free dining, I had my AAA TA call and change our package to take advantage of the free dining. Sure, our room is now $40 a night more, but our food will be $105 a night less. You do the math.

:flower:

I also booked thru the AAA and received a room discount. When I heard about the free dining plan I called my TA. She said I wasn't able to get the free dining as I already had a discounted room.
She said that if I switched to full room rate and free dining, I would be out $100. This is for the CR.

RivaLJ said:
I also booked thru the AAA and received a room discount. When I heard about the free dining plan I called my TA. She said I wasn't able to get the free dining as I already had a discounted room.
She said that if I switched to full room rate and free dining, I would be out $100. This is for the CR.

How soon are you traveling? I was able to make the change without a fee, but I don't have to pay the balance of my package until mid-August.

Good luck!

:flower:

Ask her to try and change it and see if they will waive the $100.00 change fee. I know when the fairytale package came out in 2003 my AAA agent at that time was able to switch us from the Poly to the GF and they waived the change fee. It's worth her asking.

In rereading my previous post, I realized I was unclear about something.
AAA is not charging me $100 to change reservation. I meant that I was told I SAVE $100 by keeping their discounted room rate, and not changing it to full rack rate ad free dining plan.
Sorry about the confusion. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter