No AAA discounts in 2015????

barbeml

DIS Veteran
My agent (I have used her for years) booked an early February 2015 stay for us and was told by the Disney reservations agent that there will be no AAA discounts in 2015.

Can this be true?

I have read this a few times in various places around the boards so it is possible it is true.

It can be true. It's possible that they didn't sign a contract for discounts through 2015. I'm not sure why though, as Disney probably brings in a lot of business for them.

There was an announcement earlier this year that they were ending partnership with AAA. They've already taken out all the extras for this year, so the rates were the last thing to go.

It can be true. It's possible that they didn't sign a contract for discounts through 2015. I'm not sure why though, as Disney probably brings in a lot of business for them.

I'm sure Disney does bring in a lot of business for AAA. But the answer may be in the reverse...Does the presence of AAA bring in a significant amount of business for Disney? Probably, but Disney likes to tightly control their discounts and the presence or absence of AAA is likely of little effect. From the Disney point of view, contracting discounts with AAA is probably unnecessary.

Unless you book with Orbitz. Their promo codes are compatible with Disney's discounts.

Was able to do the same with CheapTickets last fall. There was a Disney discount, then a percentage (I think 15 or 20) off of that.

Is this for sure?!!! Or is this wishful thinking? I work at CAA in a non travel sept though and the agent I booked with had heard nothing of this!

My AAA agent confirmed, there is no agreement in place with Disney and AAA as of today. Which is kind of strange because earlier this summer, I heard an ad on the radio that sounded like promoting AAA Disney Vacations.

We enjoyed the benefits, and may STILL book with her, only because they will spend all day on the phone to get promos applied to an existing reservation, and I don't have time for that noise!

My AAA agent confirmed, there is no agreement in place with Disney and AAA as of today. Which is kind of strange because earlier this summer, I heard an ad on the radio that sounded like promoting AAA Disney Vacations. We enjoyed the benefits, and may STILL book with her, only because they will spend all day on the phone to get promos applied to an existing reservation, and I don't have time for that noise!

They still have discounts through 2014 so I'd assume they'd advertise until the end of the year.

My AAA agent confirmed, there is no agreement in place with Disney and AAA as of today. Which is kind of strange because earlier this summer, I heard an ad on the radio that sounded like promoting AAA Disney Vacations.

We enjoyed the benefits, and may STILL book with her, only because they will spend all day on the phone to get promos applied to an existing reservation, and I don't have time for that noise!

I have also booked my 2015 Disney Vacation with AAA using the same agent we have used for years, because she is a great TA. But now that AAA is not offering a discount (at least that seems to be the latest), we are forced to look elsewhere for discounts. We will keep our AAA agent though.

In looking at the various discounts offered by Disney through their website and looking at the historical rates on Mousesavers I am left wondering if the AAA discounts are redundant. In other words, it looks most people can get discounts as good as AAA using those offered by Disney. Am I missing something? Does the AAA discount offer something that is not covered by Disney?

The benefit for me of having AAA discounts on room only is that the past 2 years in February value season, I've gotten 20% off at POFQ with my AAA membership, while Disney has offered small-if-any (like 5%) discounts on POFQ at the same time. I could beat AAA if I didn't mind staying somewhere else, but I really like POFQ. (Unfortunately, so do a lot of other folks, plus it's small, so apparently Disney doesn't have to discount it much to fill rooms.)

Now in 2012 when I stayed at BC, Disney offered something like a 35% discount, which definitely beat the 20% I had with AAA.

The benefit for me of having AAA discounts on room only is that the past 2 years in February value season, I've gotten 20% off at POFQ with my AAA membership, while Disney has offered small-if-any (like 5%) discounts on POFQ at the same time. I could beat AAA if I didn't mind staying somewhere else, but I really like POFQ. (Unfortunately, so do a lot of other folks, plus it's small, so apparently Disney doesn't have to discount it much to fill rooms.)

Now in 2012 when I stayed at BC, Disney offered something like a 35% discount, which definitely beat the 20% I had with AAA.

So the AAA discount is more of a constant discount that can be used to fill in the "gaps" in the Disney discounts. Got it (I think).

I have also booked my 2015 Disney Vacation with AAA using the same agent we have used for years, because she is a great TA. But now that AAA is not offering a discount (at least that seems to be the latest), we are forced to look elsewhere for discounts. We will keep our AAA agent though.

In looking at the various discounts offered by Disney through their website and looking at the historical rates on Mousesavers I am left wondering if the AAA discounts are redundant. In other words, it looks most people can get discounts as good as AAA using those offered by Disney. Am I missing something? Does the AAA discount offer something that is not covered by Disney?
Also to add to this, for me anyways, it removes a LOT of the stress in waiting for a discount to be released by Disney. Free dining and RO most likely will work out to be a better discount, but if you ARENT able to get it, you at least know you're not paying rack rate.
I'm still holding out that the AAA contract will be renewed. We have 2015 booked already and I will be very happy once I can get rid of that rack rate lol!

Also to add to this, for me anyways, it removes a LOT of the stress in waiting for a discount to be released by Disney. Free dining and RO most likely will work out to be a better discount, but if you ARENT able to get it, you at least know you're not paying rack rate.
I'm still holding out that the AAA contract will be renewed. We have 2015 booked already and I will be very happy once I can get rid of that rack rate lol!

Guess I'm in the same boat. Good luck to all in securing their discount. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter