No Availability for 3N Stay BUT 1N Room available each Night... Confused

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Trying to book for 3 Night and it's not available. Then I tried each night of the length of stay and the room is available for each night for an one-night stay. Why is that? Do I need to book 3 Reservations and check in and check out each day? It seems odd.

same thing happened to me...drove me nuts. CM on phone couldn't help. Neither could chat rep. Finally wrote guest services, then had to write them again after I didn't hear back (I gave it almost 2 weeks.) FINALLY straightened out. But good thing I had the lead time to do all this and the room was still avail. I've booked this time every year for two decades. Their whole system has been totally wonky this year.

Most likely they don't have 1 room available for 3 nights. They have three different rooms available for 1 night each. I'd book them all and keep trying to get all the nights under one reservation. If it doesn't happen, there's no guarantee that you can keep the same room for all three nights, but they will try their hardest.

I had something similar happen. I needed 7 nights, but could only get 2/5 to show up for availability. I called the reservation number and they talked to guest services. They were able to combine them both into one reservation. It doesn’t hurt to ask!

It's probably the algorithm trying to avoid orphan rooms, or there isn't one room available all 3 nights.

That has happened to me too, this year, when looking and booking. Agree, it does not make any sense at all. They did something, it was not like that it the past. Ah, Disney IT.

Had the same thing happen to me. my TA booked 7 nights and just went in and changed it to the 2 nights that i needed a month later.

Most likely they don't have 1 room available for 3 nights. They have three different rooms available for 1 night each. I'd book them all and keep trying to get all the nights under one reservation. If it doesn't happen, there's no guarantee that you can keep the same room for all three nights, but they will try their hardest.

Bingo. This isn't really that hard to figure out, folks. People don't check in and out of resorts on the same dates every day. Example...

Family one checks out of a room on Monday. The room is booked for another family beginning on Tuesday. That room is available for only one night on Monday night.
Family two checks out of a room on Tuesday. The room is booked for another family beginning on Wednesday. That room is available for only one night on Tuesday night.
Family three checks out of a room on Wednesday. The room is booked for another family beginning on Thursday. That room is available for only one night on Wednesday night.

So, you have rooms available on three consecutive nights, but none are the same room. And, you can't combine the three nights into one room because each particular room is available only for the one night, with reservations starting the following night.

May not have "used to been this way" for some of you, but Disney is busier than ever now...all year long.

Call! I found the same thing for next November, over a year in advance, at the Poly. The 7 nights I wanted weren't available but each night was. I called, CM could only see the same thing. BUT he was able to call guest services and they overrode it. Plan for a longer phone call - between hold times, the CM having to check each night, and the hold while they contact guest services. But it will be worth it if they can book you what you want!!

Call! I found the same thing for next November, over a year in advance, at the Poly. The 7 nights I wanted weren't available but each night was. I called, CM could only see the same thing. BUT he was able to call guest services and they overrode it. Plan for a longer phone call - between hold times, the CM having to check each night, and the hold while they contact guest services. But it will be worth it if they can book you what you want!!

same exact thing for my November reservation. They were able to fix it, but took a minute.

When we were booking AKL they had a 10 night open with standard view, but not a 6 night. I was flabbergasted. (Starting the night we checked in, but not checking out for 4 more days)

My booking agent ended up on hold forever to speak with a supervisor who could book the 10 night and drop it down to 6. It was so confusing.

When we were booking AKL they had a 10 night open with standard view, but not a 6 night. I was flabbergasted. (Starting the night we checked in, but not checking out for 4 more days)

My booking agent ended up on hold forever to speak with a supervisor who could book the 10 night and drop it down to 6. It was so confusing.

Hotel GM here. It is common for things likes this to happen. We are protecting certain days and using a length of stay restriction to max our revenue. Never forget how much money hotel rooms make for Disney.

So we will take your 10 nighter as example because it shoulders on poor occupancy nights. But I will pass on your 6 nighter because you are trying to give me less money for days I cdont have an issue selling out on.

Basically I say pass for you because right behind your 6 night request I might have 15 people loooking for that 10nighter I want

Defintely call, if you want to go to the Poly in Nov 2018. The CM I talked to on the phone , after checking, said the only thing he saw available was just 2 pool/marina view rooms, for the week we wanted - standard and lagoon view were already gone. This year is definitely different for some reason, even the CM said so.

This happened to us in October. I had been trying to get our reservation changed from a club level room (which was the only room available when I booked) to a standard room. I had been trying for months and finally saw it, but it was only available as each night individually. I tried calling, but the wait time was more than 60 minutes, and I was afraid the room could get away from me. So I went ahead and booked it and then called. The CM who answered wasn't able to combine the two nights, but she put me through to guest services who combined it into one reservation for me. It was a lengthy phone call to get it straightened out, but I'm glad we did!

Yup. If the rooms you're seeing are the same though with different cost, just give them a call and speak with Guest Services. They can normally take the separate reservations/nights and sandwich them together.

Like the others said call - I had 1 night with holiday magic didcount and then decided that I would stay 2 nights - In looking for availability for the 2 nights I couldn’t find any but I could book what would be the second night with the same discount at the same resort / I went ahead and booked the second night figuring that I would just check out and then check back in but when I called they were able to rebook the whole 2 nights under 1 reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter