No availability with new discounts released-anyone else?

PDettorre

Earning My Ears
So yesterday morning, at 7:15 EST I checks the website as I do every morning to check if new deals were released for our December stay and low and behold, there were. I went to update my reservation online and was unable to, and had to call. I got on the phone at about 7:20 and it said there was an hour wait time. I left the phone on speaker while I got ready for work, while I drove to work, and while I was working! After 2 hours and 10 minutes, I finally got a cast member. She looked and said that all of the deals for my week have already been claimed earlier in the morning and there is no more availability. They said to call back during the week to keep checking. I am not sure why they got rid of my option to update my reservation online. I was able to update it last week, but once the deals came out the option was gone. After 2+ hours on hold, I was so disappointed to be told all the deals were claimed already. Did anyone else have this issue? Also, has anyone had luck scoring a deal later on, after being told everything was claimed and there was no more deal availability?

I'm on hold right now, and after trying to update my reservation online and being unable to, I'm starting to worry....

I'm on hold right now, and after trying to update my reservation online and being unable to, I'm starting to worry....
I wish you luck! I was so bummed that nothing was available, especially seeing i called 20 minutes after the deals being released and connected with a cast member about 2.5 hours after they were released. I thought for sure I would be able to get something. What are your travel dates?

Nothing for any resort is showing up for me for September dates. I think there may be another system glitch.

I have been trying for two days just to get online, but I can only get a countdown with no success. Before that for the last two months, I wasn't able to find just one night that I needed for December.

It's a joke. You can barely even get on their website, i think they released such a small amount of availibility to have the appearance of offering deals. I think the DIS said it best on their show yesterday "smoke in mirrors". I have a reservation for first week of December I booked last month at rack rate. Not happy with having to pay rack rate, and not 100% sure now that we will go. With all the prices increases, fees added on, etc I'm getting really annoyed with Disney. Last month bought our new APs at Sams to save money after they hiked the AP price unexpectedly . We won't activate until our next trip since we live in Ohio- (we would get 2 trips out of one pass). Today i'm beginning to really regret that purchase, because I think it's time to plan a trip to the beach and the smoky mountains. We really enjoyed Dollywood last time we went...

My TA that I booked with notified me of the discount yesterday and said they were working on getting them for us. Unfortunately this morning she said she was not able to get it (POFQ first week of November). A bit confused to how this works? Are there only a limited number of discounts (like lottery style or first come/first serve basis)? I was under the assumption that as long as you booked the qualifying dates/resorts you would receive the discounts.

Just keep checking, people change their plans all the time. I was able to get discounts for both my hotels for my split stay in November and before the discounts they were showing as sold out so I didn't think there would be any. I did it yesterday late afternoon.

Does the change button not exist for you at all? I've had the button, but it didn't work for almost two years and then suddenly started working for me again so I did this all online. Also if that doesn't work and you don't want to call and find something online just book it and cancel your old reservation.

My TA that I booked with notified me of the discount yesterday and said they were working on getting them for us. Unfortunately this morning she said she was not able to get it (POFQ first week of November). A bit confused to how this works? Are there only a limited number of discounts (like lottery style or first come/first serve basis)? I was under the assumption that as long as you booked the qualifying dates/resorts you would receive the discounts.
No that's not how it works. They release a limited number of rooms and you need to change your reservation to that discount, it isn't automatically applied nor you having that room guarantee you that discount.

Just keep checking, people change their plans all the time. I was able to get discounts for both my hotels for my split stay in November and before the discounts they were showing as sold out so I didn't think there would be any. I did it yesterday late afternoon.

Does the change button not exist for you at all? I've had the button, but it didn't work for almost two years and then suddenly started working for me again so I did this all online. Also if that doesn't work and you don't want to call and find something online just book it and cancel your old reservation.
Nope, the button doesn't exist anymore! It used to, I was able to make a change a few days ago, but the minute they released the discounts, the button disappeared and it just said "please call to change your reservation" now. I tried booking a new reservation and then canceling my old one, as that is how i have done it in the past, but unfortunately there is not more availability for the hotel we are at so i can't do it that way either. My only option is to call them 100 times 😂

They release a specific number of rooms for each hotel and once those rooms have been booked using the discount, they are gone. They sometimes do release additional rooms later on, so it is possible that if you missed out yesterday, something may open up. I would keep checking. But, unfortunately the discounts dont automatically apply to all reservations. You have to add it in later if you have already booked, or book the reservation after the discount is released in order to apply it.

Nope, the button doesn't exist anymore! It used to, I was able to make a change a few days ago, but the minute they released the discounts, the button disappeared and it just said "please call to change your reservation" now. I tried booking a new reservation and then canceling my old one, as that is how i have done it in the past, but unfortunately there is not more availability for the hotel we are at so i can't do it that way either. My only option is to call them 100 times 😂
I hate calling, when that button didn't work for me I always just made new reservations. Also try opening a browser incognito to see if that changes anything. Definitely keep checking back online, I usually change my hotel 5 times before my trip so there's a good probability others move theirs around so something could become available. Also check didn't stay lengths. Maybe you can do a split stay and get half the room with a discount.

No that's not how it works. They release a limited number of rooms and you need to change your reservation to that discount, it isn't automatically applied nor you having that room guarantee you that discount.
Ahhh got it. Wow, not used to hotel rooms being discounted that way (first time doing Disney).

I wish you luck! I was so bummed that nothing was available, especially seeing i called 20 minutes after the deals being released and connected with a cast member about 2.5 hours after they were released. I thought for sure I would be able to get something. What are your travel dates?

Nov 30-Dec 7....I'm not optimistic, POR.

Nov 30-Dec 7....I'm not optimistic, POR.

our travel dates are 11/29-12/7 we booked CSR a month or so ago. There is availability up until about 12/5 ( but it has been that way for over a month), then hardly any availability for a couple days and then opens back up the next week. I've been really skeptical about that and then when they announced ROR for 12/5 i figured Disney was doing something fishy. I'm not happy that i have rack rate, was hoping for a good deal on a Deluxe (that i actually want to stay at) or a rate below $200 at CSR. neither of those have materialized. so not sure what we are going to do.

Ahhh got it. Wow, not used to hotel rooms being discounted that way (first time doing Disney).
Ya they make you have to be really hands on with the reservation and planning. It is possible that rooms become available later on if people cancel trips or move hotels so don't give up hope just yet.

It seems they raised room rates AND offered discounts .. so also make sure that your old "rack rate" price isn't cheaper than a discounted price.
This! We've seen multiple reports now, it seems have happened to some values and mods but not the deluxes.

Nope, nothing for my dates of December 4 - 12. If I want to come in a day later (and I am considering it as AKL is wonderful, but with no discount $$$) there are a few Moderates available with a discount. I was hoping for an AKL discount, but nothing available, and when I called (on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes, Aack!) they told me there are no rooms available for the AP discount for my dates.

I may consider a split stay for the second half of my trip, as there appears to be more availability for the second part of my trip. I just find split stays to be a PITA.

It seems they raised room rates AND offered discounts .. so also make sure that your old "rack rate" price isn't cheaper than a discounted price.
Wow, I had no idea! Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely keep an eye on that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter