No availability with new discounts released-anyone else?

Got a discount on 2 out of my 7 nights.

ETA: I had to rebook those 2 nights as a separate res, you cannot apply a discount to only select days of a reservation

How? Did you call in? Also, were they able to just apply the discount to those 2 nights or did they have to create a split stay in order to apply it?
Sorry for the confusion no. I had to re-book and split my Poly res into 2 reservations. You cannot apply a discount to only part of a reservation. I will edit my original post.

This! We've seen multiple reports now, it seems have happened to some values and mods but not the deluxes.
Not there was a discount available for AOA - Mermaid rooms. But the room I booked many moons ago was $182/night. It is NOW $205/night.

So .. even if they offered some discount (normal or AP) .. it would have had to been more than 10% to save any money. I guess I "saved" 10% by simply booking early.

Not there was a discount available for AOA - Mermaid rooms. But the room I booked many moons ago was $182/night. It is NOW $205/night.

So .. even if they offered some discount (normal or AP) .. it would have had to been more than 10% to save any money. I guess I "saved" 10% by simply booking early.
This DISer saw their Pop rack rate go up the day all the discounts were released at sometime between 8:45am and 9am. Raising the prices the same day you release discounts is slimy behavior for anyone. Watch your rates folks!

Got a discount on 2 out of my 7 nights.

ETA: I had to rebook those 2 nights as a separate res, you cannot apply a discount to only select days of a reservation
Are you sure? When I changed mine to the discount and it breaks down the cost per night, Saturday night had no discount and was rack rate, but the rest of the nights had the discount applied and I didn't have to split it up.

Are you sure? When I changed mine to the discount and it breaks down the cost per night, Saturday night had no discount and was rack rate, but the rest of the nights had the discount applied and I didn't have to split it up.
I am wondering the same thing, cause when i called yesterday and they told me to call back, she said that free dining applies to some of my stay and room discounts apply to some of my stay as well, they just werent available, so she made it seem like you could apply the discount to some of your stay without splitting it.

Yes, I also "saved" by getting a rack rate a long time ago. Not so happy or sure what to do. Have the ressie with a TA and wish that I had control over the reservation so that if I needed to cancel, I didn't feel guilty.

our travel dates are 11/29-12/7 we booked CSR a month or so ago. There is availability up until about 12/5 ( but it has been that way for over a month), then hardly any availability for a couple days and then opens back up the next week. I've been really skeptical about that and then when they announced ROR for 12/5 i figured Disney was doing something fishy. I'm not happy that i have rack rate, was hoping for a good deal on a Deluxe (that i actually want to stay at) or a rate below $200 at CSR. neither of those have materialized. so not sure what we are going to do.
I’m going 11/28-12/8. Initially, I had 5 nights POR and 5 at FQ, all Rack Rate. Yesterday, I was able to get 11/28-12/1 AKL and 12/1-12/3 CSR Tower with decent AP discounts. And I had a lot of other Resort options to choose from. But 12/3-12/8? Nada. I’ll keep checking, but I’m so relieved to have FQ booked at an ok rate. And with ROR, Pop Warner, and now the almost total lack of availability, I’m already bracing myself for a busy end to my trip.

Nope, the button doesn't exist anymore! It used to, I was able to make a change a few days ago, but the minute they released the discounts, the button disappeared and it just said "please call to change your reservation" now. I tried booking a new reservation and then canceling my old one, as that is how i have done it in the past, but unfortunately there is not more availability for the hotel we are at so i can't do it that way either. My only option is to call them 100 times 😂

I have found that if I don't have the "Change Reservation" button then I refresh a few times until is appears.

Yes. There was no availability if I kept my Poly nights together. You got lucky with a good CM it sounds like! Maybe I’ll try again in a month when it all calms down!

Yes. There was no availability if I kept my Poly nights together. You got lucky with a good CM it sounds like! Maybe I’ll try again in a month when it all calms down!
I did it online I don't like calling it takes too long and each CM seems to vary in knowing things.

I called yesterday and they shut down all the lines because the website wasn't running well AT ALL.
Called today and they estimated my call would be answered in 2 1/2 hours:scared:
Don't enjoy changing my reservation online but had to just in case they sell out of rooms at POP.

Keep checking, I just got an AP rate for a reservation I booked at the beginning of June with no discount. There has been no availability showing up for my dates with the AP or Holiday discount until this morning, when lo and behold, there were a number of rooms showing up at AKL available for the discount in early December. I am quite relieved, as it dropped $1,000 plus off of my room bill!

I was able to make the change online, BTW.

Keep checking. We just got the discount this morning for our chosen resort/dates/room type after zero availability at that resort/dates all week.

SW

They've apparently happened on a couple of occasions this year according to reports from DISers.
I've kept records for Pop and there was only one increase for 2019 between the release in June 2018 and today. I don't recall the exact date but I think it went up late March.

Yep, sounds like they are going to the way the cruise industry books with rates. Sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter