No bringing food on board, but... Question

trill2017

I miss the Adventurers' Club
Can I bring candy? I like to have what I call "hotel chocolate" whenever I travel.

You can bring on any type of food as long as it is factory sealed. Also, be aware that the coolers aren't quite as cold as a true fridge, so don't count on perishable items keeping.

I brought some ganache from the Ganachery in Springs on a cruise once and they were OK with it, even though it doesn't have a "factory seal". I actually asked the folks at the Ganachery if it would be OK and they had no idea, but DCL didn't seem to mind it.

But if you're looking to bring M&Ms or something, then sure, that's fine. You're supposed to keep the candy sealed until you're on board and you're supposed to finish it before you debark, though.

We tried bringing a couple of Gideon’s cookies on board the Fantasy last week, and we’re turned away at Security due to no “factory seal” they were just individually wrapped.

we went back outside to scarf them down and placed one of the wrapped ones back in a backpack (we were hand carrying the box before) and got thru just fine. Your mileage may vary depending on the security agent working the x ray line you get assigned to!

We tried bringing a couple of Gideon’s cookies on board the Fantasy last week, and we’re turned away at Security due to no “factory seal” they were just individually wrapped.

we went back outside to scarf them down and placed one of the wrapped ones back in a backpack (we were hand carrying the box before) and got thru just fine. Your mileage may vary depending on the security agent working the x ray line you get assigned to!

Those are gold, we would have done the same thing!

Hahaha....those two little chocolates per night just don't cut it! I always bring some candy onboard for the cabin. Usually a few full size chocolate bars. I used to love binging them to watch a movie onboard but you can't do that currently.

You can bring on any type of food as long as it is factory sealed. Also, be aware that the coolers aren't quite as cold as a true fridge, so don't count on perishable items keeping.

This is definitely true and something I’d forgotten during the shutdown. During my recent August Dream cruise though I was in a pinch because I brought on charcuterie meats to go with the All Hands on Deck, so I got creative. I had my stateroom host bring a bucket of ice and I placed it in the “fridge.” It cooled the entire thing, but any item I was especially worried about spoiling, I just laid on top of the ice. Everything kept perfectly through all 4 days of our cruise.

Last edited:
We bring lots of snacks.
Last cruise in Oct. I had ziplock bags of M&Ms for 3 rooms and they were fine.
And bag (for me) of mixed nuts. It went through fine too

We had some bottles of water freeze in the little fridge on the Fantasy on October.

I had purchased my favorite at Epcot before boarding the next day—Wethers caramel corn, 2 bags. They were fine with it, even though it was packaged with just a golden twisty tie.

This is definitely true and something I’d forgotten during the shutdown. During my recent August Dream cruise though I was in a pinch because I brought on charcuterie meats to go with the All Hands on Deck, so I got creative. I had my stateroom host bring a bucket of ice and I placed it in then”fridge.” It cooled the entire thing, but any item I was especially worried about spoiling, I just laid on top of the ice. Everything kept perfectly through all 4 days of our cruise.

Both of these are phenomenal ideas. Definitely going to use that trick in the future to get the Cooler working faster...

We had some bottles of water freeze in the little fridge on the Fantasy on October.
We've only had one fridge in all our cruises that didn't keep things cold. But we've often had the same - ice in the water bottles I put in the fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter