No characters at the Hotels from November 14

Was the chance to meet characters at a disney hotel a major factor in people staying on-site? im not to sure. ive stayed on-site only twice but on both occasions i was never swayed by the thought of the character meets as a major decision for staying on-site? it was more about location and being close to the parks for me.

On a positive note mind, maybe cutting costs at the hotels means that we might see more characters in the park? more meet and greets maybe? or dare i say it, even a few more shows possibly to entertain us??? *shock horror * :eek:

Yip was my main reason for staying onsite, as my 3 ur old get scared of them in the park, when they are there for breakfast it's the only time he's calm enough and we get all out photo meets done before it gets busy. So much better than in parks. We will unlikely go again now. Stupid disney. Bad bad idea.

Yip was my main reason for staying onsite, as my 3 ur old get scared of them in the park, when they are there for breakfast it's the only time he's calm enough and we get all out photo meets done before it gets busy. So much better than in parks. We will unlikely go again now. Stupid disney. Bad bad idea.

Oh dear, i never thought about that. i'm sorry.

We love morning meet'n'greets in hotels. We never miss those. It's a great day start. And it's one of the reasons we stay in Disney hotel. Next one is EMH... I do think it's a bad decision.
We meet lots of characters in parks. And I admit I don't feel lack of them or can say there are only few of them. But those not organized meet'n'greets just make things bad. If they do all character meet organized and queued ones, I'll forgive them for hotel mornings. But if those meets stay the same and they cancel the queueing they've been trying on, I'll be mad.

Has this been officaly confirmed by DLP or is it just an internet rumor?

I saw it too and really dont like it :sad2: hope it just wrong rumour and it wont happens... if it doesnt I cannot see us staying onsite while Alex starts school as there wont be really any benefits to justify the price difference between Disney and Val de Europe hotels

It's not a wrong rumour, the decision has already been made and won't be affected by the negative response.

So would this affect the Decent of the Stairs then?

No word on it yet, but the word is that characters are only staying at the Inventions restaurant. So that would mean no La Descente either.

Has this been officaly confirmed by DLP or is it just an internet rumor?

There's not an official statement that says "all characters are being cancelled" if that's what you mean. But it is official that this is not just a rumor. Hotel CM's are already informed, the decision has been made. It's official, no more characters starting November 3rd.

It's not clear if this will effect the breakfast characters of Golden Forest Club yet, but characters are supposed to stay only at Inventions which indicates no more breakfast characters at other hotels.

To me its not so much of a loss. Saying that we will get to see the descent in May so at least we'll have done that incase it does mean the end of it from November.
We are always in the park for EMH by the time the characters start in the hotels so this won't really effect me but it is a shame as the hotel specific outfits look cool and a lot of people seemed to like these meets. It won't put me off staying onsite though!

Just merged this with the existing thread, ThBa. :goodvibes

Sorry....do not see this thread. :rolleyes1

Ok...if it´s official let me think about this from the point of DLP.

They want to sell pictures with the characters made by the photographer at those meetings. But we never bought one of those pictures and I guess there are not so many visitors who buy these.

On the other hand its an extra for those who staying onside but it is not the main point I stay onsite....its an extra.

Perhaps they will try to get more people at the Golden Forrest rooms if the characters will appear there in the future. :confused3

If not why book the Golden Forrest now ? For some drinks in the afternoon ??

I hope that the organized meet & greets inside the park will be going on and perhaps there will be more now.

But I will really miss the "Decent of the stairs" show at DLP !

:wizard:

Just once, I would like to log on here and see that Disney is adding to the experience instead of taking it away...

I've sent an email to my PR contact at DLP for some clarification on things like the 'Decent of the Stairs' and Golden Forest Breakfasts. As soon as I get a reply I'll post it on here.

Jonjo said:
I've sent an email to my PR contact at DLP for some clarification on things like the 'Decent of the Stairs' and Golden Forest Breakfasts. As soon as I get a reply I'll post it on here.

Thanks Jonjo

inside paris are now hinting that there are new things in the planning for hotel guests re characters. I guess (with all things disney:rotfl2::rotfl2:) we need to be patient.

I suppose this is the problem with info being leaked - we only read one side of the story. Hopefully one day DLP will figure out that they need to release info officialy to prevent us all from going into panic - me included:lmao::lmao:

Pluto checked me in this morning at the Sequoia :)
Characters are staying in hotel character breakfasts. I asked an official source (I'm here at the moment and I think you have the same press guy as us Jonjo). Things are changing though and I'll miss random moments like today for sure!

Well, I have looked across a couple of forums tonight and as there is no official word from DLP themselves I will wait until it is more than speculation.

There are several people both on here and elsewhere whom I consider to be a bit more'in the know' than the everyday person and they have not confirmed anything either.

So I think I will Keep Calm And Carry On Dreaming. :)

Until otherwise advised!!!! :eek:

Pluto checked me in this morning at the Sequoia :)
Characters are staying in hotel character breakfasts. I asked an official source (I'm here at the moment and I think you have the same press guy as us Jonjo). Things are changing though and I'll miss random moments like today for sure!

I will always remember when I was checking out of the Hotel Cheyenne once being tapped on the shoulder as I was paying the bill and turning around to find Minnie Mouse in her cowgirl outfit standing behind me and she gave me a big hug.

Lisa, if Pluto is around the Sequoia Lodge later tomorrow morning ask him if he would like to play a game of pool with you. That Pluto can be a mean pool player.

Cannot imagine the hotels without those exciting random meets! Have so many wonderful photos of my girls playing with the characters in the hotel corridors.........hope it's all a huge rumour!

So have we got any further insight on the characters in the golden forest and within the other club rooms ? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter