No Contract Cell Phone

Excited Fan

Earning My Ears
Has anyone dropped their cell phone plan and switched to a no contract cell phone?

I currently have a iphone 4s and pay for moms phone (4s also) on my plan. I wanted to add a third phone to mine. My son wanted a touchscreen phone. They told it would raise my bill $80 a month. I am currently not under contract on my line just my moms. Her contract just has a few more months.

I found this phone on sale at best buy, They have a plan for $35 a month for unlimited call/text/data. The first gb of data is highspeed. After that it slower. Best Buy said that the phones can be connected to wifi. I never go over 1 gb.

I am going to try his phone out and see what I think. I currently have crappy service at work with my current provider. If I have service out here at work I think I will swtich myself. Then bring my mom over when her contract is up.

That would save us quite a bit.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat158500050014

I've used Straight Talk for almost two years. I never use more than 1 GB of data although I guess I can use 3. I pay annually so it's $41.25/month. I brought my own phone (an Iphone 4). I've used customer service with no issues. I'd love a newer phone, but $40/month is about my limit for a cell phone.

What provider do have cell phone service? ATT , Verizon, Spirit, or T-mobile.

You have a lot good choices in pre-paid arena now.

Tracfone smartphones has Verizon service

I am moving my post paid ATT plan to ATT Go-phone Jan 2015 to 45 dollar plan with unlimted minutes and text and 1gb high speed throttle unlimited. Considering that I don't use data that perfect for me.

I had thing for a year. But then I went though so much days it was no longer saving me money. Last month I switched to Cricket. They are pretty great so far.

Has anyone dropped their cell phone plan and switched to a no contract cell phone?

I currently have a iphone 4s and pay for moms phone (4s also) on my plan. I wanted to add a third phone to mine. My son wanted a touchscreen phone. They told it would raise my bill $80 a month. I am currently not under contract on my line just my moms. Her contract just has a few more months.

I found this phone on sale at best buy, They have a plan for $35 a month for unlimited call/text/data. The first gb of data is highspeed. After that it slower. Best Buy said that the phones can be connected to wifi. I never go over 1 gb.

I am going to try his phone out and see what I think. I currently have crappy service at work with my current provider. If I have service out here at work I think I will swtich myself. Then bring my mom over when her contract is up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat158500050014
My DD is now with Boost Mobile and has that $35 plan. She ran through all her fast data in about 2 weeks and is now on 2G speed but it's just fine for Instragram and Snap Chat. It runs off the Sprint network so you'll need to check Sprint coverage in your area.

Before that she was with Consumer Cellular (runs off of AT&T with my old iPhone 4s) and Page Plus Cellular (runs off Verizon).

You can check here to compare many different plans:
http://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones

I've never had a contract phone. I'm on AT&T GoPhone 4 years now. I don't need data or calling so pay $0.10/minute for calls and $5 or $10/month for texting. Good enough for me at $40 for 4 phones. We love our GoPhones. We don't gab on the phone so having communication through texts between us for $40 and being able to use it as a smartphone for the apps when at home or at work works for us.

Verizon doesn't work as well as AT&T here in rural PA. All others are worthless. AT&T or Verizon if you would go unlimited are just as much as contracts and I'll never pay $200/month for a family of phones that isn't necessary.

I've had Boost Mobile and Tmobile pre-pay. Actually if you have a phone of your own that is Tmobile or AT&T with a sim card... all Tmobile accounts are no contract now.

I'm with Tmobile and love it! Love my Galaxy Note 4 as well.

I wanted to add that if you have any unused Sprint phones you can use the phones with cell service from Ting. I used my old 4s to get a "family" cell phone for the kids using Ting. It was much cheaper than any plan Sprint offered.

I have Virgin Mobile and pay $30 a month for 300 minute and 2gb unlimited text and data. Have had it over 2yrs and love it. Will never go back to contract. I have the Supreme phone and love it. it has a great 13MP camera.

I switched to Republic Wireless from AT&T a few months ago. Loving the $11.XX monthly bill!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a no contract smart phone that uses verizon ? I currently have a contract that costs around $120 a month and I go over on data charges occasionally. It has to be verizon because that's the best reception where I live.

Page Plus Cellular runs off Verizon. You can probably bring your old phone with you. Check out the Howard Forums for more info on which phones you can use.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a no contract smart phone that uses verizon ? I currently have a contract that costs around $120 a month and I go over on data charges occasionally. It has to be verizon because that's the best reception where I live.

Trafone smartphones run off Verizon towers. All my kids have tracfone smartphones.

Page Plus Cellular runs off Verizon. You can probably bring your old phone with you. Check out the Howard Forums for more info on which phones you can use.

I've never heard of page plus . Maybe it's not in my area? I've had trac phones before but not a smart phone. How are they compatible to iPhones. I hate to say my iphone has me spoiled but I'm really paying for it.

I've never heard of page plus . Maybe it's not in my area? I've had trac phones before but not a smart phone. How are they compatible to iPhones. I hate to say my iphone has me spoiled but I'm really paying for it.
Check out the Howard Forums: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/325-US-Prepaid-MVNO-Discussion

My DD used an Android on Page Plus.

Here is a thread about the iPhone on Page Plus: http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...he-newest-iPhone-that-can-be-easily-put-on-PP

ETA "Tracfone" is a company that sells cell phone service. They used to only have flip phones and now they have smartphones. You'll have to go to the company's website to see if you can port your unlocked iPhone to them. In general, you will have to be out of contract to port to a non-contract plan.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a no contract smart phone that uses verizon ?

I think Straight Talk runs on the Verizon network, and they have iPhones, or you can get a ST sim card & install it in the phone you want.

Absolutely, and 5 years later, I've pocketed a lot of $$$ and never looked-back.

As long as you connect to Wi-Fi at home (and don't stream Netflix/Pandora when you are out and about), this should not be an issue.

Good Luck!

I think Straight Talk runs on the Verizon network, and they have iPhones, or you can get a ST sim card & install it in the phone you want.

Straight Talk phones sold in the green box mostly run on Verizon (all ST iPhones use the VZ network).

If you install the SIM card, it will either work on AT&T or T-Mobile's networks (depending on what's marketed to where you live).

If Verizon works where you live, so will Page Plus.

Page Plus refill cards, etc. aren't as widely-available as others (Walgreens comes to mind as one of the few places selling PP), but as Page Plus was recently purchased by Tracfone, I expect to see them in a lot more stores.

My husband uses Verizon prepaid. It costs $48 a month after fees/taxes and includes unlimited minutes and texts, and 2gb data [2gb with autopay, otherwise the plan includes only 1gb data.] He had to pay out of pocket for his iphone [you can BYO device but his Sprint iphone was broken] but that will pay for itself in 8 months [over what he was paying for contract with Sprint.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter