No dates for July WOC dessert party yet?

Trip planner

Mouseketeer
I just tried to book our WOC dessert party for July and I didn’t see any dates available. When do the dates usually open up?

Yes I noticed same thing when I went to make a July reservation yesterday. In fact no future dates were available to book for Dessert Party. Typically they go up at least 60 days in advance to coincide with the booking window opening. I am assuming that the fact that WOC is on hiatus now (until Pixar Pier opens at the end of June) is the reason there are no booking dates showing. I've read on other threads (I think HydroGuy was the source) that WOC is supposed to resume on June 22. So I would think that at some point in early June they need to get those late June dessert party dates up. I'll be watching.

I had read that a platform was broken and the show’s return on the 22nd was in doubt - maybe they’re holding off on reservations until they’re sure it’s going to be back up by then?

Or it could just be a glitch, goodness knows there are lots of those...

I had read that a platform was broken and the show’s return on the 22nd was in doubt - maybe they’re holding off on reservations until they’re sure it’s going to be back up by then?

Or it could just be a glitch, goodness knows there are lots of those...

Ugh-- I bet you are right. I bet they had them available and then shut them down once they found the problem. Hope it is up and running again before our date. We love WOC and would be sad to miss it.

I have a Dessert Party reservation for 6/29. Hoping there isn't a problem with it...

Yes I noticed same thing when I went to make a July reservation yesterday. In fact no future dates were available to book for Dessert Party. Typically they go up at least 60 days in advance to coincide with the booking window opening. I am assuming that the fact that WOC is on hiatus now (until Pixar Pier opens at the end of June) is the reason there are no booking dates showing. I've read on other threads (I think HydroGuy was the source) that WOC is supposed to resume on June 22. So I would think that at some point in early June they need to get those late June dessert party dates up. I'll be watching.
We have Dessert Part reservations for our last night on June 22, WOC's first night back. So far I have not heard anything from Disney about WOC and the accident which was reported.

:wizard:

Nor have I, and WOC still shows as playing the night we have our Dessert Party reservation.

Dessert party reservations do not open until the Entertainment schedule for WOC is released even if you are within 60 days.

Entertainment schedule has been lagging well inside 60 days recently.

I booked the WOC Dessert Party for July 27th on my 60th day. I didn't have a problem.

During commercials while watching the Warriors game, I've tried again to book WOC dessert party on the Disney site and no dates available in June or July. So I called Disney Dining. They said they are unable to book any new WOC reservations as "they are not releasing any more dates." She said they are having some technical difficulties and doesn't know when it will be open to new reservations again. She said the only thing they are allowed to book right now in DCA is Paint the Night packages. So nothing to do but keep checking back in.

During commercials while watching the Warriors game, I've tried again to book WOC dessert party on the Disney site and no dates available in June or July. So I called Disney Dining. They said they are unable to book any new WOC reservations as "they are not releasing any more dates." She said they are having some technical difficulties and doesn't know when it will be open to new reservations again. She said the only thing they are allowed to book right now in DCA is Paint the Night packages. So nothing to do but keep checking back in.
Thanks for the update but that sure doesn’t sound good! Hoping it is repaired sooner than later.

So when will they tell those of use with confirmed reservations whether or not they stand?

I’m wondering that myself-we also have reservations for the first night.

I’m guessing they will only notify those of us with reservations IF/WHEN the show is officially cancelled for that date.

I’m hoping that they feel WOC is a significant enough piece of the whole Pixar Pier grand opening that they will do everything they can to have it return by June 23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter