No Fireworks / Shows Really Changed Disneyworld

Are the Fireworks/Shows a deciding factor of when you will return to Disneyworld?

• Absolutely! They are a huge part of the experience

Votes: 149 73.8%
  • No, it’s not a big deal for me

Votes: 53 26.2%

• Total voters
The fireworks and parades I don't miss. The shows, street performers, and character greetings are what I miss-I can't hug Mickey? I'll be so depressed! No street entertainers in Harambe or around World Showcase? Where's the international feel-good heart?

We visited in January because we were offered an incredible deal on a DVC room that we couldn’t pass up. We decided to explore Orlando and not go to the parks because we couldn’t justify the cost of tickets when the only thing being offered was rides. We do enjoy the rides but that is not why we visit WDW year after year.

I really want the stage shows and street performers back! I wished Disney had more of that in the first place! I probably won’t be back until those are back. I like rides, but it’s the other entertainment pieces that make me love Disney. I could really use a Mickey hug!

Disney fireworks at the end of the night is the most magical Disney tradition there is IMO. It brings an end to a magical day and brings nothing but joy and happiness. Yeah some people who go often don't mind, but for the people who go once a year or so, its just so magical and needed. It's my escape from the real world. Without these magical things, its just another park.. for the same exact price before pre pandemic

I also miss the shows. The things that actually make Disney unique.

I am praying they bring them back by the summer.

BUT, I will say, give me fast pass first cause I was spoiled as hell with them and can't imagine waiting on those lines.

I am going in July so hoping for big changes as the summer begins. If not, I might just cancel

Fingers crossed. It's just so hard to make plans not knowing what they will open by then

I haven't been since reopening (trip planned for the end of April), but I am curious to see the parks without any entertainment. We are not a group who ever makes it a point to watch parades or fireworks, aside from MVMCP. We do not watch any nighttime shows, we use that time to ride. I am anxious to see if it will still change the feeling of the parks for me - just knowing it isn't there.

I miss fireworks and parades very much but never really enjoyed most of the live shows...of course, lack of all the above didn’t keep us from going to WDW in Oct and Dec of 2020 nor will it impact our 4 trips planned for 2021...

I look at it differently than how the Poll is worded. Yes, we will really miss the nighttime shows and live entertainment, but what we asked ourselves is...

How desperate are we? :) Can we still enjoy a WDW vacation without the nighttime shows and live entertainment?

Our answer is yes.(we hope) We've visited enough that we've seen all the shows except for the new MK fireworks (that's THE ONE that really hurts). However, overall we felt it was worth going despite the masks and new protocols. We're staying deluxe resorts this time, which is a first, so if the parks are fail then at least we have great resorts and locations to hang out at.

Dan

We will only miss the fireworks because we normally try to catch some low wait times while everyone else is watching the fireworks. I will miss seeing a parade or two.

I won't be back until things are more "normal" and all the shows, parades, fireworks, etc. are up and running. I know that paying full price for a lessor experience/less park hours will leave me feeling like I didn't get the full "value" for my money so I'm ok with waiting.

We are going at the end of April despite no shows, fireworks, etc. We know it will not be like other trips and we are only going for 5 nights and won’t go again until everything is back to normal. Our family is just at a point right now that we need a little Disney in our lives even if it is a watered down version. We know we won‘t be getting ”full value” and while that’s disappointing it’ll still be worth it for us. But like I said, only this one time and then we will wait for Disney to truly be Disney again before returning.

I missed the fireworks and shows, but the reduced capacity last fall more than made up for it. But with the recent spring break crowds, that's probably a different story.

I need live entertainment! Fireworks? Not so much.

Festival of the Lion King, street/ Epcot performers, Hoop Dee Do, etc....those are the moments I associate with our trips to WDW.

Festival of the Lion King was the first 'is Mom crying' moment of my/my kids very first trip. My second was turning the corner in Magic Kingdom onto Main Street and seeing the Castle in person for the very first time.

I do agree. We were there in October but still had fun. I also really hate the early park closing. I really miss night time in the parks

IMO the night time entertainment like Fireworks or Fantasmic! is one of the things that make Disney more than just another amusement park. I am a local (used to live next to Disneyland now live 30 min from Disney World) and those kinds of shows never get old for me.

My tradition before moving to Florida last year was going to Disneyland Saturday nights. There I was able to see the fireworks at Disneyland, run over to DCA for World of Color and then go back to Disneyland to catch the end of Fantasmic! I can’t wait till I can try to do the same at Disney world. I’m not sure if it’s possible with the parks so spread out, but I think you could probably see Fantasmic at HS and then head to MK or Epcot for fireworks if I’m not mistaken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter