No guarantee for re-entry back in to the park you have a reservation for?

You have to basically say that. Park capacity is park capacity. If you reach capacity you cannot get in - period. Now - whether the way they're running things now really creates a realistic chance that you'll ever be turned away is one thing but there are never absolute guarantees that you will be allowed in. Have not heard any reports of anyone actually being turned away and my guess is that with the numbers they're operating under now the chance is close to infinitessimal, but if for some reason everyone suddenly decided to hop to MK - there's always a chance they have to shut down further admissions.

So basically, even if you leave a park, for purposes of staying under the capacity limits, they are holding your spot at that first park.

I suppose the CM might be technically correct if the park ever hit the hard ceiling imposed by legal guidelines. Similar to how fire codes are not flexible, there’s probably an upper boundary that they would theoretically have to turn away people due to protocols. But it seems like Disney has been managing this sufficiently (or demand hasn’t been strong enough) to make it an issue.

So basically, even if you leave a park, for purposes of staying under the capacity limits, they are holding your spot at that first park.

Theoretically, I can't see how if that was true they could ever allow park-hopping to a park that was full at opening (out of park reservations for that day.) In practice, they probably know that enough people leave (and don't return) or parkhop elsewhere that makes enough capacity for parkhoppers to come or for people to leave and then come back. I think the October 1st example is a good one - it may actually reach true capacity at MK and if you leave, you might not get back in.

I was told today by a DVC CM that since park hopping started back up, and if the park hits capacity, no one will be allowed back in. It doesn't matter if you have a park reservation for that park on that day.
Sorry you got a very helpful but completely wrong DVC CM as they are even less accurate than bus drivers or any other CM short of the Disney Springs CMs as to when the last bus leaves for the airport (no a serious comment).

Dave

Well, park capacity limits are not set by rules of physics (or even government restrictions?) Just determined by Disney. For all we know, those Sold Out days may not be the current maximum capacity - they might have an expected # of hoppers built in to the daily limit. (They do have so much information on what happens in those parks). We will never know.

Yes, it’s possible that one day someone will be told they can’t hop. Just hasn’t happened yet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they announce beforehand that Oct 1 will be a no-hop day into MK.

We’re going in July. We normally spend the day at the pool then spend the evening in the parks- hoping they extend the hours.

How does the park reservations work if we decide to enter after 2pm? Would we get shut out if it hits capacity even though we have a park reservation?

We’re going in July. We normally spend the day at the pool then spend the evening in the parks- hoping they extend the hours.

How does the park reservations work if we decide to enter after 2pm? Would we get shut out if it hits capacity even though we have a park reservation?

No. You will have your spot for your first park all day. You can arrive at any time.

You wouldn’t be shut out. If you have a reservation for that park, you can get in at any time during park open hours.

You don’t tap a magicband while leaving a park- how would they know you had left?

How would denying you entry from coming back to the park be different that denying someone with a reservation who was just getting there for the first time?
You don't 'tap out' but that doesn't mean they have technology for those that have MB's (but that isn't everyone) to know where they are. Those without MB they would not know if you went to get something from your car or if you had been gone for 3 hours. I'm sure they could have a camera that counts people at the exit, it wouldn't be precise but it could the a good idea how many to let in for park hopping.

I was told the same thing as the original poster--that if I left for the afternoon and park hoppers put the park at capacity, we would not be allowed back in. This was someone at the gate who actually does the admissions.

To my knowledge, not a single park has closed to park hopping since it started in January. That includes sold-out spring break days. Multiple times we left a park and went back, including hopping to another park sometimes during Easter Week and President's Week. Never had an issue, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I was told the same thing as the original poster--that if I left for the afternoon and park hoppers put the park at capacity, we would not be allowed back in. This was someone at the gate who actually does the admissions.
This is not correct. If you have a Park Reservation you will be allowed to enter that park as many times as you wish that day from park opening to park closing.

You don’t tap a magicband while leaving a park- how would they know you had left?

How would denying you entry from coming back to the park be different that denying someone with a reservation who was just getting there for the first time?
Never thought about that before, but how do they every determine actual park occupancy?
How do they ever know the actual number in the park? If they are only counting the number that arrive, do they totally disregard the number that leave? I mean, early in the morning, few people are leaving, but by midday there is probably a balance of arriving= departing. But, if they only count arriving, what determines the actual park occupancy? I don't have an answer. Just wondering what other measures they make to say a park is at capacity? Number of people in line for a Dole Whip? Ability to move in Fantasyland without tripping on a stroller? If Tiki Room has an hour wait?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter