No Hot Water at Boulder Ridge

did disney do anything to fix the problem? We are booked at BR through disney in April and if I can’t get hot water for a shower or to fill my kids bath, I’m not going to be happy. I’d want a change in rooms to one that has hot water.
I did but the problem couldn’t be fixed. Again this is 2 different stays, different rooms, different floors, 3 months apart. And we used the shower at various times in the day and night. This wasn’t a issue where a lot of people at the resort were using water/showering at the same time.

Ok so here is the Issue with BRV and some of the other DVC properties. Back in 2018 and 2019 they did some remodeling of the showers to include up dated Shower Head and Handshower combo units. thinking they would save water in the process by reducing the GPM's to 1.75........but then they started having hot water issues all over the place and they could not figure out why?????? till someone in a the Water conservation business had a meeting with the Disney environmental team and they posed this question as to this hot water problem after putting in water saving Show Heads and Hand Showers.........they didn't realize that the new shower combos have a 3 way diverter allowing guests to flow both the HandShower and the Showerhead, resulting in 3.5GPM and thus the boilers couldn't keep up with the usage. This meeting took place in Later2019 and changes we started to fix the combo problem and alas Covid hit and I'm sure they never fixed them all..... but you didn't hear this from me because I wasn't the one in the Meeting ;) ;)
Would you happen to know other resorts that have this issue still so we don’t book a stay there until it’s fixed?

Would you happen to know other resorts that have this issue still so we don’t book a stay there until it’s fixed?
Also, the Valves that they have in the wall have a pressure balance design to counter-act variants in pressure of hot and cold flows. with the shut down and the valves sitting for so many months with out flowing water they can get calcification build up that would/could cause issues. this again would be property wide as most of the hotels use a similar valve

Last edited:
OP, We stayed at AKV in December and had the same issue for the whole trip. Never had a problem with hot water in the past.

did disney do anything to fix the problem? We are booked at BR through disney in April and if I can’t get hot water for a shower or to fill my kids bath, I’m not going to be happy. I’d want a change in rooms to one that has hot water.
Since the DVC rooms usually booked to capacity (I think they do have policy of holding back a room or two for emergencies), think it very unlikely one would be accommodated with a room change due to cold water. :confused3

We had an annoying, yet non-life threatening sort of issue at BWV several years ago. I contacted front desk & member services with my complaints. They offered a point adjustment that I happily accepted.
Does Boulder Ridge run from a central boiler, local tank water heaters, on demand water heaters, or what?
If it’s like my house, you never want to be the 3rd person taking a consecutive shower lol.

Since the DVC rooms usually booked to capacity (I think they do have policy of holding back a room or two for emergencies), think it very unlikely one would be accommodated with a room change due to cold water. :confused3
Right now this isn't an issue; however, even under normal circumstances there are always "guest recovery rooms" available, unless a lot of people had problems that is. And cold water is one that I would push back on, dues are supposed to be used for maintenance and if there is a lack of hot water it shows improper maintenance and thus improper use of due money.

And cold water is one that I would push back on, dues are supposed to be used for maintenance and if there is a lack of hot water it shows improper maintenance and thus improper use of due money.
Good for you! We all have our own thresholds & surely do pay our share of dues. I can’t say I’ve had any major issues with upkeep in the units.

I try to not go to the well too many times when dealing with disney, after being told they have a ‘permanent record’ of sorts. No idea if true or false but, makes sense that they can click, click & bring up a world of info on their guests.

WL is one of our home resorts, thankfully, can’t say we’ve personally experienced cold water when it should be hot.

Water pressure, well, that’s always been lacking in every disney resort we’ve visited.

We had an annoying, yet non-life threatening sort of issue at BWV several years ago. I contacted front desk & member services with my complaints. They offered a point adjustment that I happily accepted.

If it’s like my house, you never want to be the 3rd person taking a consecutive shower lol.

I am paying cash for my stay at BRV and I will be pushing back at disney if I can’t get a room with hot water. For the price of a deluxe villa room, I don’t think hot water should be too much to ask. I’m not one to complain and usually just deal with things but I hate cold showers and I don’t want my kid sitting in a cold bath

I am paying cash for my stay at BRV and I will be pushing back at disney if I can’t get a room with hot water. For the price of a deluxe villa room, I don’t think hot water should be too much to ask. I’m not one to complain and usually just deal with things but I hate cold showers and I don’t want my kid sitting in a cold bath
I agree!

Good for you! We all have our own thresholds & surely do pay our share of dues. I can’t say I’ve had any major issues with upkeep in the units.

I try to not go to the well too many times when dealing with disney, after being told they have a ‘permanent record’ of sorts. No idea if true or false but, makes sense that they can click, click & bring up a world of info on their guests.

WL is one of our home resorts, thankfully, can’t say we’ve personally experienced cold water when it should be hot.

Water pressure, well, that’s always been lacking in every disney resort we’ve visited.
They do indeed have such records, which is another reason it is a good idea to bring up the positive when it exists as well, that gets recorded as much as the negative. I am not one to complain about every little thing, but no hot water would be one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter