No July 26 Moonlight Magic at DAK for Us

iteachlit

DIS Veteran
I was unable to secure Moonlight Magic for July 26. My random queue position was in the high 12,000s. I waited nearly an hour before getting the SOLD OUT notification.

July 26 is literally our 25th wedding anniversary. I have an early dinner reservation at California Grill and was hoping to surprise my wife with Moonlight Magic.

I realize it's not a guarantee, but I'm still disappointed.

I was unable to secure Moonlight Magic for July 26. My random queue position was in the high 12,000s. I waited nearly an hour before getting the SOLD OUT notification.

July 26 is literally our 25th wedding anniversary. I have an early dinner reservation at California Grill and was hoping to surprise my wife with Moonlight Magic.

I realize it's not a guarantee, but I'm still disappointed.

You can always try again:

Event registration opens to all Members on July 13th, 2022 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time (pending availability).

How does Moonlight Magic even work at Animal Kingdom? They shut the Safari down pretty early. So, I'd guess you have the 2 rides in Pandora, Dinosaur and Everest. Thats it?

We didn't get Sept. 28th either. I logged in about 2 minutes late, was in the 14,000 range and got notified when it was around 3200 that the September date sold out. We have been lucky in the past, but today didn't work out for us.

You can always try again:

Event registration opens to all Members on July 13th, 2022 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time (pending availability).
I wish I could. Unfortunately, I'm teaching summer school. I will be in class at that time. Also, my school district blocks Disney traffic.

Our IT director is also a DVC member; his computer isn't filtered. LOL.

It's also no guarantee, but keep an eye on the boards for anyone with extra tickets. I ran into technical issues during the HS event and wasn't able to secure reservations, but a wonderful member happened to have two extra and offered them to me.

I know it doesn't help, but I would totally offer you guest reservations if I had them. Good luck!

They have given tokens for game machines in Dinoland once that I remember. The Tough to be a bug is opened. I know we had lots of fun in the past.

I entered the queue before 11am. My randomized position was 8627 (a 2nd device was 11943). The first pause occurred at 11:38 and I was at 342 (2nd device was 3635). I thought for sure we would get the Sold Out message but we did not. I didn't write down what time the pause was lifted but at 11:50 I was at 78. At 11:52 I was progressed to the registration page. My resort reservation is on Sept 28th so that is what I was allowed to register for. At 11:54 a message appeared that 7/26 was sold out. The line was paused again at 11:58am and came back up again at 12:01. Paused again at 12:17pm and back up at 12:28pm. I kept my 2nd device running just to see what would happen and at 12:29 I was progressed to the registration page. Of course I just closed my session immediately after that.

I entered the queue before 11am. My randomized position was 8627 (a 2nd device was 11943). The first pause occurred at 11:38 and I was at 342 (2nd device was 3635). I thought for sure we would get the Sold Out message but we did not. I didn't write down what time the pause was lifted but at 11:50 I was at 78. At 11:52 I was progressed to the registration page. My resort reservation is on Sept 28th so that is what I was allowed to register for. At 11:54 a message appeared that 7/26 was sold out. The line was paused again at 11:58am and came back up again at 12:01. Paused again at 12:17pm and back up at 12:28pm. I kept my 2nd device running just to see what would happen and at 12:29 I was progressed to the registration page. Of course I just closed my session immediately after that.
I did not realize that I could use multiple devices. This was my first attempt using this system. Bummer.

So some members just book moonlight magic and get 3 guests that are not members and therefore block out other members seems fair? Shouldn't it be for members only? Some perks

So some members just book moonlight magic and get 3 guests that are not members and therefore block out other members seems fair? Shouldn't it be for members only? Some perks

And every blogger in existence seems to always have a ticket too. Is it fair? No, but what is DVC supposed to do about? I guess they could limit the event to those with confirmed reservations and only allow tickets for people who are on the reservation. That's a lot of trouble.

I think you have to remember that family members who are not official owners are guests.

So my son is a family of 4 but only he is an actual owner.

So that DVC owner plus guests is what allows him to book for his wife and kids.

If you have a resort reservation that holds more people, then you do get a chance to book for those going with you.

Everyone getting tickets has a DVc membership and this getting it for those who are with them.

Last edited:
And every blogger in existence seems to always have a ticket too. Is it fair? No, but what is DVC supposed to do about? I guess they could limit the event to those with confirmed reservations and only allow tickets for people who are on the reservation. That's a lot of trouble.

Many of those have connections with DVC owners…or are themselves and that is how they get there.

I mean they could book a grand villa that holds twelve and get 12 tickets.

I book 1 bedrooms that sleep 5 for myself all the time because I never know who will go. I’d certainly snag all 5 tickets in case people join.

It's also no guarantee, but keep an eye on the boards for anyone with extra tickets. I ran into technical issues during the HS event and wasn't able to secure reservations, but a wonderful member happened to have two extra and offered them to me.

I know it doesn't help, but I would totally offer you guest reservations if I had them. Good luck!
How does the extra tickets work? Do you have to add them somehow? We have one extra ticket. I booked 5, but only ended up needing 4

How does the extra tickets work? Do you have to add them somehow? We have one extra ticket. I booked 5, but only ended up needing 4
I asked this in another thread a few months ago.

The member checks in with their party, and the CMs put wrist bands on all attendee wrists. No additional names are tied to the reservation because all that's recorded is party size. I would imagine if you find someone with extra tickets, to use it you will have to check in with them.

I asked this in another thread a few months ago.

The member checks in with their party, and the CMs put wrist bands on all attendee wrists. No additional names are tied to the reservation because all that's recorded is party size. I would imagine if you find someone with extra tickets, to use it you will have to check in with them.
Yep, this basically explains it. The only name on the reservation is the member who made it. Everyone else is considered a guest (you don’t need to name anyone). But yes, your entire party needs to check-in together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter